Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (159,634 Views)
Bradyclanfan123

kayden
Sep 3 2015, 06:39 PM
Just an FYI....my channel got a copyright strike because of Night Sins. 2 more and all the videos are toast. I've made all my videos private. I can't do unlisted until March 1. Any suggestions from you video vets? I was just getting to the Carly buried alive storyline.
Hey Kayden,

What were the strikes for specifically? Was it because of a music piece that was in the clip? That's what I always seem to get claims/warnings about. I still haven't received a strike yet though (fingers crossed), but I'm always extra careful about the music part of the clip.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kayden

Bradyclanfan123
Sep 16 2015, 01:25 PM
kayden
Sep 3 2015, 06:39 PM
Just an FYI....my channel got a copyright strike because of Night Sins. 2 more and all the videos are toast. I've made all my videos private. I can't do unlisted until March 1. Any suggestions from you video vets? I was just getting to the Carly buried alive storyline.
Hey Kayden,

What were the strikes for specifically? Was it because of a music piece that was in the clip? That's what I always seem to get claims/warnings about. I still haven't received a strike yet though (fingers crossed), but I'm always extra careful about the music part of the clip.
The whole episode (Night Sins) was removed automatically upon receipt of the strike. I get videos from time to time that say "matched third party content" meaning specific songs, but the video is still ok because the credits are posted automatically under the description of the video. I did have one video in which I was warned years ago that if I did not mute the song, the video would be removed. I muted the song and the video remained.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Today my new channel got two strikes. They are really cracking down.

:(

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Just got my second takedown. If anyone wants to watch some John and Marlena you should probably go watch my channel now before it's gone.

johnmarlena

Can't post actual link, sorry
Edited by Rosebud, Sep 17 2015, 11:32 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Sep 17 2015, 11:23 AM
Just got my second takedown. If anyone wants to watch some John and Marlena you should probably go watch my channel now before it's gone.

johnmarlena

Damn that sucks.

I wonder if it's just now during all the 50th hype that they are doing this. Maybe once the 50 anniversary is over things will go back to how it was before and we can upload clips without their interference.

jwsel
Member Avatar

This is so weird. I've known media companies to go on campaigns against YouTube channels, but that usually it is in connection with some online media campaigns they are planning, e.g., stuff is removed from YouTube because the same content is about to be offered through Hulu. Maybe Corday is planning to put old DOOL stuff on the netsoaps web platform. I haven't heard anything along those lines, and it seems to be at odds with what that site is trying to do, but I can't think of any other reason why Days is willing to piss off long-time fans and eliminate the best way for new fans to learn about the show's history.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Thanks Sindacco... I don't think I will bother to upload everything again if they shut my channel down. At least until I'm sure it won't happen again.

What I don't get is why they just bother to take a few clips down and send a takedown etc. why Mickey Mouse around like that. Why not just shut it down immediately? Unless they have to go through some kind of red tape to get it done. Just seems weird to me they'd take down a few, send the notice, then wait a bit then do it again...

I've heard the reasoning being the 50th, and that could be part of it. :shrug:

JTClassicSoaps

Thanks for the warnings, I'm on youtube downloading my favorite clips for safe keeping right now. Speaking of which, I was watching some clips from around 97/98 when Eric and Kristen were conspiring to keep Roman/Marlena together. I thought that was pretty interesting in light of what Kristen does to Eric years later.

Penelope Kent
Member Avatar

Rosebud

johnmarlena

:OhMy: :OhMy: :OhMy: :OhMy: :'( :'( :'( :'(

No no no no no NO. Your channel is my last place to watch old J&M storylines. This can't happen. It's not even like your videos are titled anything Days specific (but then again it's not like that mattered with all of the other deleted Days channels who had videos up without titles/tags/whatever stating they were related to Days...). Plus I'm right in the middle of rewatching Lady in a Cage! :scared: I would sell my soul to MarDevil right now in order for this massacre to stop.
Edited by Penelope Kent, Sep 18 2015, 04:38 PM.

Penelope Kent
Member Avatar

JTClassicSoaps
Sep 17 2015, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the warnings, I'm on youtube downloading my favorite clips for safe keeping right now. Speaking of which, I was watching some clips from around 97/98 when Eric and Kristen were conspiring to keep Roman/Marlena together. I thought that was pretty interesting in light of what Kristen does to Eric years later.
1997 and 1998 were two amazing and very entertaining years for Days. :wub: And yea, considering the fact that Kristen at one point wanted to be Brady's step mother, and then her teaming up with Eric, etc, is incredibly :yuk: after what happened in the last few years.

Penelope Kent
Member Avatar

jwsel
Sep 17 2015, 12:09 PM
This is so weird. I've known media companies to go on campaigns against YouTube channels, but that usually it is in connection with some online media campaigns they are planning, e.g., stuff is removed from YouTube because the same content is about to be offered through Hulu. Maybe Corday is planning to put old DOOL stuff on the netsoaps web platform. I haven't heard anything along those lines, and it seems to be at odds with what that site is trying to do, but I can't think of any other reason why Days is willing to piss off long-time fans and eliminate the best way for new fans to learn about the show's history.
I doubt that's the case, but if that does happen then it better be in HQ. This is Corday we're talking about, though. And that speaks for itself.

When it comes down to it though, this is all just a big :flipoff: to everyone who took the time to upload past storylines and the history of the show. Ugh.
Edited by Penelope Kent, Sep 18 2015, 05:00 PM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Penelope Kent
Sep 18 2015, 04:29 PM
Rosebud

johnmarlena

:OhMy: :OhMy: :OhMy: :OhMy: :'( :'( :'( :'(

No no no no no NO. Your channel is my last place to watch old J&M storylines. This can't happen. It's not even like your videos are titled anything Days specific (but then again it's not like that mattered with all of the other deleted Days channels who had videos up without titles/tags/whatever stating they were related to Days...). Plus I'm right in the middle of rewatching Lady in a Cage! :scared: I would sell my soul to MarDevil right now in order for this massacre to stop.
Posted Image

karenap63

I spend a lot of time on you tube and am probably a member of all of your playlists. Sorry to see this happen. I know the amount of time and effort it took to upload and create these playlists. I wish we as members could do something to stop this from happening.

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't think the 50th has anything to do with it. Days didn't even know it was happening. When I tweeted about it last week, the emailed me to ask what was going on.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUCAS ♥

The YouTube lumi channel was hit earlier this year. Its a shame because every channel I've liked has been hit and taken down the last few months

Sindacco
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 19 2015, 08:42 PM
I don't think the 50th has anything to do with it. Days didn't even know it was happening. When I tweeted about it last week, the emailed me to ask what was going on.
Wow, so are Entura International acting on their own, without Days knowing?

jwsel
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Sep 20 2015, 08:37 AM
lysie
Entura International is a company that provides anti-piracy services. Companies hire it to do the dirty work of getting copyrighted works online removed. So someone at Corday or Sony hired Entura. Now it may be they only intended to have same-day or recent clips removed, but Entura probably uses searches and algorithms to "find" things and report them. I know Entura got embroiled in a controversy recently when it overrated. Entura was policing the recent movie "Pixels" and its searches identified site with a short film with the same name.

nananana7
Member Avatar

There are a few channels that I watch for Days history, where awesome storylines/character histories are documented. And for tie-ins to current storylines, they are invaluable.

I know some newer viewers who have said they are tempted to stop watching because they can't relate to the returning vets -- yet they are openminded enough to acknowledge that they might stay if there was some way that they could learn WHY these vets are important -- they need something that makes sense to them.

I've wanted to give out the YT channels URLs to these newer viewers. But I haven't done so, because I'm so afraid those channels would get publicized and then taken down.

I feel so miserly keeping the URLs to myself, instead of spreading the wealth of knowledge.

That's just sad.

These channels could be like free advertising for the show. It's a shame we have to hide them.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Sep 20 2015, 08:37 AM
lysie
Could be Sony hired them.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

I knew it wouldn't take long. My channel is now gone.

3 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply