Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (188,090 Views)
karenap63

Rosebud
Sep 21 2015, 02:02 PM
I knew it wouldn't take long. My channel is now gone.
This stinks. I know your channel had lots of views. Sorry to hear this.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

karenap63
Sep 21 2015, 07:17 PM
Rosebud
Thanks, Karen! It really stinks for Days fans.

karenap63

Rosebud
Sep 21 2015, 08:03 PM
karenap63
Rosebud
Especially for the newer viewers who relied on these playlists to learn about Days.

Days22

lilparisbabe

I wonder if there are bitter days fans or writers who are 'warning' while seeking these channels out...thus causing them to suspend or take down specific videos. Sad...can' t believe it is such a big deal with something that is not even sold.

Days22

lilparisbabe
Sep 21 2015, 10:40 PM
I wonder if there are bitter days fans or writers who are 'warning' while seeking these channels out...thus causing them to suspend or take down specific videos. Sad...can' t believe it is such a big deal with something that is not even sold.
I think it is Sony that has hired one of those damn companies

Titus Andronicus
Member Avatar

lilparisbabe
Sep 21 2015, 10:40 PM
You can't call for a copyright violation unless you own the copyright*. At least that's the way it worked in the past.

* Or represent the copyright, as it seems here.

Days80sCrazy

karenap63
Sep 21 2015, 09:33 PM
Rosebud
Sep 21 2015, 08:03 PM
karenap63
Rosebud
Especially for the newer viewers who relied on these playlists to learn about Days.

Let me take a moment and cry. There has to be something that can be done, right????? This is seriously breaking my heart. Thank god for everyone here so I can sort of figure the current story out.

But like today...wait, what, Britta who?!? Matching tattoos? Why would Days want to go back in history for present day storyline while simultaneously erasing the history so new fans can't follow along? So very very confused at some high-ups' decision... And the irony of it all is I wouldn't even be watching today's Days if it hadn't been for these yt channels. Argh!!!!!! :censored:
Edited by Days80sCrazy, Sep 22 2015, 05:04 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Rosebud
I'm so sorry :(

Are you planning on starting a new one?

ShaneDOOLFan
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Rosebud, please try to upload them again when this dies down. I LIVED for your channel. Possession, Aremid, Paris, Secret Room, all gone now. I'm devastated. Do you sell DVDS?

ShaneDOOLFan
Member Avatar

How does DAYS expect viewers to do research when everything is being taken down? RICH history? I'm devastated now.

nananana7
Member Avatar

Thank goodness Beth's Days Page went to the internet archive before her site closed down.

A lot of stories can be read here (and some with photos):
http://web.archive.org/web/20080613124903/http://www.bethsdayspage.com/days/classicstories.html

Cathangel

Now the YouTube channel who had Jack & Jen, Steve & Kayla, Justin & Adrienne playlists plus the entire Cruise of Deception storyline has been hit as well. This is devastating. :'( I was making my way through those playlists.

I suggest everybody start saving the clips they want to keep pronto. They're disappearing fast.

lysie
Member Avatar

If anyone is planning to re-upload, I'd try not mentioning Days in anyway. Maybe even have some code names for the characters.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Has anyone contacted Days or Sony to ask why they are removing these clips? It's such a huge loss, particularly as people have renewed interest in the show and its history. If they are not planning on their own platform, maybe they would be willing to grant permission to a few users to re-upload their clips.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

jwsel
Sep 22 2015, 11:56 PM
Has anyone contacted Days or Sony to ask why they are removing these clips? It's such a huge loss, particularly as people have renewed interest in the show and its history. If they are not planning on their own platform, maybe they would be willing to grant permission to a few users to re-upload their clips.
Exactly. Especially for the big couples or most famous stories or families. Work with the fans. I think their willingness to co-operate would actually bring down people uploading so much. More people upload because they take things down, so that clips will be available.

Smilelino
Member Avatar

I am a new viewer and was obsessed watching classic old clips. I am so upset and can scream.

cord08
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Sep 22 2015, 09:50 AM
How does DAYS expect viewers to do research when everything is being taken down? RICH history? I'm devastated now.
It's not just the fans. Haven't some of the actors (Jen L and James L) said that they watched a bunch of clips to catch up on their characters' history?

I understand copyright issues (I'm in library school for heaven's sake), but to remove them after all this time...sad. It makes me wonder if Days is going to be coming out with some video platform of their own with old clips or something. Probably not, but Ken seems to enjoy having a million projects on his hands.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

I don't think Days is the only show being hit. I know some channels for other shows have been shut down. Even clips of shows from the 50s.

kayden

cord08
Sep 24 2015, 08:01 PM
ShaneDOOLFan
Sep 22 2015, 09:50 AM
It's not just the fans. Haven't some of the actors (Jen L and James L) said that they watched a bunch of clips to catch up on their characters' history?

I understand copyright issues (I'm in library school for heaven's sake), but to remove them after all this time...sad. It makes me wonder if Days is going to be coming out with some video platform of their own with old clips or something. Probably not, but Ken seems to enjoy having a million projects on his hands.
I had Michael Easton personally put up a link to a video that I had uploaded that was of an interview of him from way back. I was so happy to see that he enjoyed watching it. I've always wondered if it was true with some of the episodes I had uploaded as well. Like if I was a soap actor/actress and I randomly felt like watching a particular scene that I had filmed 20 years ago, wouldn't I be able to easily find it on YT until now? I doubt the soaps themselves have some sort of video vault that is accessible to actors 24/7.

4 users reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply