Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (257,963 Views)
scottydoug
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Sep 22 2015, 09:49 AM
Rosebud
Sep 21 2015, 02:02 PM
I knew it wouldn't take long. My channel is now gone.
Rosebud, please try to upload them again when this dies down. I LIVED for your channel. Possession, Aremid, Paris, Secret Room, all gone now. I'm devastated. Do you sell DVDS?
Oh no! I was making my way through a 2nd viewing of the whole Possession storyline. Just got to the point where MarDevil had to start wearing sunglasses.
I'm sorry for you, Rosebud, and sorry for all of us too. Completely non-sensical
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

kayden
Sep 25 2015, 12:52 PM
cord08
Sep 24 2015, 08:01 PM
ShaneDOOLFan
Sep 22 2015, 09:50 AM
How does DAYS expect viewers to do research when everything is being taken down? RICH history? I'm devastated now.
It's not just the fans. Haven't some of the actors (Jen L and James L) said that they watched a bunch of clips to catch up on their characters' history?

I understand copyright issues (I'm in library school for heaven's sake), but to remove them after all this time...sad. It makes me wonder if Days is going to be coming out with some video platform of their own with old clips or something. Probably not, but Ken seems to enjoy having a million projects on his hands.
I had Michael Easton personally put up a link to a video that I had uploaded that was of an interview of him from way back. I was so happy to see that he enjoyed watching it. I've always wondered if it was true with some of the episodes I had uploaded as well. Like if I was a soap actor/actress and I randomly felt like watching a particular scene that I had filmed 20 years ago, wouldn't I be able to easily find it on YT until now? I doubt the soaps themselves have some sort of video vault that is accessible to actors 24/7.
Deidre Hall's done the same with some interviews I put up from way back. They seem to enjoy having the chance to watch things. Sometimes, just like us, they get a kick out of watching things for some sentimental reason or something reminded them of a funny moment.

I mean, even if they're on set having a discussion about something relevant to the scene (like on GH when Tony Geary overruled everyone and said Holly never knew Bill Eckert or something, which was wrong) - they could easily go search youtube for the answer.

Amazee-Dayzee

How long until this topic ends up falling apart because there are no classic clips to post?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Sep 25 2015, 04:21 PM
kayden
Sep 25 2015, 12:52 PM
cord08
Sep 24 2015, 08:01 PM
ShaneDOOLFan
Sep 22 2015, 09:50 AM
How does DAYS expect viewers to do research when everything is being taken down? RICH history? I'm devastated now.
It's not just the fans. Haven't some of the actors (Jen L and James L) said that they watched a bunch of clips to catch up on their characters' history?

I understand copyright issues (I'm in library school for heaven's sake), but to remove them after all this time...sad. It makes me wonder if Days is going to be coming out with some video platform of their own with old clips or something. Probably not, but Ken seems to enjoy having a million projects on his hands.
I had Michael Easton personally put up a link to a video that I had uploaded that was of an interview of him from way back. I was so happy to see that he enjoyed watching it. I've always wondered if it was true with some of the episodes I had uploaded as well. Like if I was a soap actor/actress and I randomly felt like watching a particular scene that I had filmed 20 years ago, wouldn't I be able to easily find it on YT until now? I doubt the soaps themselves have some sort of video vault that is accessible to actors 24/7.
Deidre Hall's done the same with some interviews I put up from way back. They seem to enjoy having the chance to watch things. Sometimes, just like us, they get a kick out of watching things for some sentimental reason or something reminded them of a funny moment.

I mean, even if they're on set having a discussion about something relevant to the scene (like on GH when Tony Geary overruled everyone and said Holly never knew Bill Eckert or something, which was wrong) - they could easily go search youtube for the answer.
And last year there were several photos of the cast and crew watching youtube clips on the monitor in the dressing room. In one of the pics they were watching one of my clips.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Sep 26 2015, 10:18 AM
And last year there were several photos of the cast and crew watching youtube clips on the monitor in the dressing room. In one of the pics they were watching one of my clips.
I remember I loved seeing that!

So, well done people who decided on this... you're not gaining any money f(rom taking down something that wasn't costing you any money), you've taken away something fun for all of us, including people AT the show, and you've given us no option in place of it. Bang up decision making.

karenap63

I'm old school Days, (watched in the 70's & 80's), but got back into it a few years ago. I relied on you tube clips to make me understand what had happened when I wasn't watching. I'm really upset about this, especially to all the people who uploaded and gave up their time and effort to do these clips. Just makes no sense to me.

cord08
Member Avatar

Since I'm a newer Days viewer, I've been trying to catch up on some of the super couple stuff I missed in the '80s. And I'll be damned if Steve and Kayla aren't the sweetest soap couple I've ever watched. The vows for that yacht wedding were just something else. :wub: :cloud9:

Callie
Member Avatar

cord08
Sep 29 2015, 03:59 PM
Since I'm a newer Days viewer, I've been trying to catch up on some of the super couple stuff I missed in the '80s. And I'll be damned if Steve and Kayla aren't the sweetest soap couple I've ever watched. The vows for that yacht wedding were just something else. :wub: :cloud9:
That's how I fell in love with them 11 years ago. There was no YT at the time but some wonderfull people posted their story on a certain J&J message board and I fell in love with them instantly. It really is the best soap couple I've ever seen. :wub2:

I'm rewatching some of their early clips and, I have to say, no matter how many times I watch this Steve/Kayla/Max clip, I always cry like a baby. Just the sound of Max's voice is enough to make me bawl.

I just loved the Steve/Max relationship!

JaimeLannister
Member Avatar

Add me to the group who's recently been made a Steve and Kayla believer. :wub2:

I honestly didn't expect to like them, like at all. I mostly got to know Steve, Kayla and Jack through the rape storyline. Kayla I loved instantly, Jack had a certain charm that made him intriguing but Steve just irked me a lot. It bothered me how he spoke to Kayla and I just mostly thought she was too good for him. Anyway, I recently wanted to watch some old school Days, being a fan of Kayla's I figured I'd catch some of her stuff I'd never seen so I started S&K's story from the begining.

Steve's aggressiveness in the context of a romance story made him hard to like but after watching more of him he slowly started to win me over. I liked the soft vulnerable side he showed to Kayla and it's been clear his wise cracks are just a method to hide his genuine empathy for others. I also think the issues he has about how everyone sees him, especially Kayla, makes him a very interesting character.

I'm currently at the part where Kayla flies to Stockholm because Steve was shot Roman was arrested. I'm going out of my mind waiting to see their first kiss, lol. I can't even imagine how anyone survived it watching it day to day.

pagraves
Member Avatar

JaimeLannister
Sep 30 2015, 12:11 PM
I'm currently at the part where Kayla flies to Stockholm because Steve was shot Roman was arrested. I'm going out of my mind waiting to see their first kiss, lol. I can't even imagine how anyone survived it watching it day to day.
I started watching around the time Kayla came back to Salem after leaving Cleveland, so I was there for essentially the very beginning of Steve and Kayla. And the wait for that first kiss seemed interminable. But in the end, it was so worth it. That's still one of the most satisfying, emotionally gripping on-screen kisses I've ever seen, even thirty years later, and it was because we'd had to wait so long for it, and the show gave it the importance and focus it deserved. To me, it makes it hard to root for couples who get together within a few weeks of meeting and have their first kiss and more. I know that's more realistic these days, but I find it hard to care as much about them because they're not having to work for it the way the old school couples did.

The Steve and Kayla story was good about giving us pressure release scenes in the form of fantasies (from both Steve and Kayla) and also some almost kisses. (The one the day of the tornado comes to mind - they came soooooooo close before Bo showed up to break it up).

And all those almost scenes coming fast and furious in Stockholm, finally culminating in the first kiss...

So good.

cord08
Member Avatar

Aw, loving all the Steve/Kayla comments. I honestly didn't expect to be so taken by them either.

I normally am not too fond when couples have "pet names" for each other, but Steve saying "sweetness" and "baby" all the time is so damn endearing. I think a lot of it is SN's portrayal and his influence on the character...it just works.

I recently saw a clip from Valentine's Day 1990 where Steve plays "hide and seek" with Baby Stephanie, who is still in the womb. God, the cuteness...just too much.

And MBE is equally great. She's one of the few people who can play a solidly "good" character without being boring or overly annoying.

Kriss4

Oh. Oh.

I love the peep scene...in the barn. It's fun, LOL!

Days22

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

Does anyone have a clip of Peter & Jennifer's wedding? (Jason lists it as 11/21/95 Episode # 7659)

Gap 1998
Member Avatar

I've been re-watching the Salem Stalker/Melaswen Saga from 2003-2005 through two different channels, one devoted to Shelle and the other devoted to Tony DiMera. Pretty much everything is covered between these two channels ~ it's phenomenal!

I forgot how much I used to LOVE DAYS....

I'm not there yet, but I see in 2004, before she "dies", Marlena is again possessed by Satan? I totally forgot that! Wasn't it, like, only two episodes or something? They discover it, she's exorcised, and - Poof! - the Devil is gone?

I can't think of one single thing about the show that is better now than than 2003-2005...

lilparisbabe

Does anyone have a link to the recent john/marlena scenes for their reccilliation and the attack??

Jason47
Member Avatar

DJsMommy
Oct 2 2015, 04:31 AM
Does anyone have a clip of Peter & Jennifer's wedding? (Jason lists it as 11/21/95 Episode # 7659)
Those dates are the dates that the vows are completed, but weddings can span several episodes. But all the dates on my site are for when the "I do's" are completed. I'm too busy at the moment, or I'd try and get a clip of it.

StefPhoenix
Member Avatar

About these stupid business with YouTube.. If this continues, could it be possible to take everything somewhere else (like Dailymotion, Veoh or whatever) or will the prosecutions most likely follow there?

nananana7
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Sep 21 2015, 02:00 PM
Sindacco
Sep 20 2015, 08:37 AM
lysie
Sep 19 2015, 08:42 PM
I don't think the 50th has anything to do with it. Days didn't even know it was happening. When I tweeted about it last week, the emailed me to ask what was going on.

Wow, so are Entura International acting on their own, without Days knowing?

Could be Sony hired them.

jwsel
Sep 20 2015, 11:40 AM
Entura International is a company that provides anti-piracy services. Companies hire it to do the dirty work of getting copyrighted works online removed. So someone at Corday or Sony hired Entura. Now it may be they only intended to have same-day or recent clips removed, but Entura probably uses searches and algorithms to "find" things and report them. I know Entura got embroiled in a controversy recently when it overrated. Entura was policing the recent movie "Pixels" and its searches identified site with a short film with the same name.

Entura tweets examples of the anti-piracy work they do all over the world
https://twitter.com/entura

Entura has a little video about how they work on their website
http://entura.co.uk/
They say that they patrol to get stuff taken down as quickly as possible, so as to prevent more copies from being spread.

They claim they want to encourage consumers to legally pay for the material, instead of downloading it for free from illegal uploads.

But ...
Days isn't selling old seasons of Days on DVD or Netflix, so how are we supposed to pay for it?

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Days22
Oct 2 2015, 02:17 AM

Yay, it's COD time! Thank you so much for posting!

4 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Members: lilparisbabe
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply