Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Days of Our Lives Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 16 2009, 07:59 PM (122,425 Views)
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

nananana7
Oct 4 2015, 10:45 AM
Entura tweets examples of the anti-piracy work they do all over the world
https://twitter.com/entura

Entura has a little video about how they work on their website
http://entura.co.uk/
They say that they patrol to get stuff taken down as quickly as possible, so as to prevent more copies from being spread.

They claim they want to encourage consumers to legally pay for the material, instead of downloading it for free from illegal uploads.

But ...
Days isn't selling old seasons of Days on DVD or Netflix, so how are we supposed to pay for it?
And that is why soaps are different. They only gain from old episodes being made available online. For a large portion of the audience, the choice is to wait (sometimes four-five years) and have everything spoiled, because they don't offer any way to pay for it. If they did, if they offer both new and old episodes for sale to everyone who wanted it, I'd actually be on their side. But they don't. We live in a very... "fast" world, one where pretty much everyone uses the internet. The studios need to catch up, and find ways to provide it legally.

If they want to know why people download movies, it's very simple. Some places it can take up to a year before it comes to a cinema. Same for TV. It takes months, usually, before episodes are made available. If they want to be IN that market, they need to get on the same page as their audience and realize that it's not 1995 anymore. The internet isn't some exclusive, rare thing that only rich, tech-y people have. Time to think new.
Edited by The Room Stops, Oct 4 2015, 01:47 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
♥10 Minutes♥

The Room Stops
Oct 4 2015, 01:46 PM
nananana7
Oct 4 2015, 10:45 AM
Entura tweets examples of the anti-piracy work they do all over the world
https://twitter.com/entura

Entura has a little video about how they work on their website
http://entura.co.uk/
They say that they patrol to get stuff taken down as quickly as possible, so as to prevent more copies from being spread.

They claim they want to encourage consumers to legally pay for the material, instead of downloading it for free from illegal uploads.

But ...
Days isn't selling old seasons of Days on DVD or Netflix, so how are we supposed to pay for it?
And that is why soaps are different. They only gain from old episodes being made available online. For a large portion of the audience, the choice is to wait (sometimes four-five years) and have everything spoiled, because they don't offer any way to pay for it. If they did, if they offer both new and old episodes for sale to everyone who wanted it, I'd actually be on their side. But they don't. We live in a very... "fast" world, one where pretty much everyone uses the internet. The studios need to catch up, and find ways to provide it legally.

If they want to know why people download movies, it's very simple. Some places it can take up to a year before it comes to a cinema. Same for TV. It takes months, usually, before episodes are made available. If they want to be IN that market, they need to get on the same page as their audience and realize that it's not 1995 anymore. The internet isn't some exclusive, rare thing that only rich, tech-y people have. Time to think new.
SO MUCH THIS!!!! I wish they'd release DVD sets of each storyline. I'd buy all the Bope, Broe, Brami & EJole stories I could get my hands on. Oh & of course Peter Blake. :wub:

bope4ever

Does anyone have the video from 1995 where Gina opens the puzzle box proving that shes Hope up to and including when they sign the divorce papers after they get back from Santa Rosa? Its all been deleted from YT :frownie: :frownie: :frownie: :frownie: :frownie: :frownie:

Days22

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

my youtube channel got first strike

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Entura International sucks

Penelope Kent
Member Avatar

Days22
Oct 13 2015, 12:36 AM

The commercials in your clips are just as fun to watch as the actual storylines. :lol: (Im)Patiently waiting for 1991.....

I've never seen COD!! :hail:
Edited by Penelope Kent, Oct 13 2015, 08:21 AM.

Days80sCrazy

Partnersincrime
Oct 13 2015, 07:22 AM
my youtube channel got first strike

Oh no!! What's the name of your channel? I can't believe the idiocy. Seeing everyone's channel disappear makes me want to call in sick to work for a week, curl up and binge watch everything I can before it goes away.
Edited by Days80sCrazy, Oct 13 2015, 01:41 PM.

ShaneDOOLFan
Member Avatar

Everyone who goes to the book signings should let Meng and company know that YouTube is doing this. Maybe they can do something because of the outrage.

Days80sCrazy

ShaneDOOLFan
Oct 13 2015, 01:39 PM
Everyone who goes to the book signings should let Meng and company know that YouTube is doing this. Maybe they can do something because of the outrage.
That's a great idea!! I bet they don't even know.

Days80sCrazy

Days22
Oct 13 2015, 12:36 AM

Thanks so much for posting these!!! I haven't seen COD either so it's amazing to see. :hail:

p.s. the commercials are AWESOME too.
Edited by Days80sCrazy, Oct 13 2015, 01:56 PM.

JTClassicSoaps
Member Avatar

This is not exactly classic days but I stumbled upon the cast on Leeza circa 1995 and Peggy McCay does a rap about Caroline's life lol. The rap starts at about 4:14

Penelope Kent
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Oct 13 2015, 01:39 PM
Hmmm I'm going to the NYC one. That's a good idea. Knowing me though I'd probably forget in the moment. :lol:

All of these amazing channels/Days history being deleted is like the book/film And Then There Were None. One by one.. they keep disappearing. :redface: I hope the episodes Days22 is posting are saved from deletion by being unlisted because I NEED to see the end of COD omg
Edited by Penelope Kent, Oct 15 2015, 01:35 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Gap 1998
Oct 3 2015, 07:01 PM
I've been re-watching the Salem Stalker/Melaswen Saga from 2003-2005 through two different channels, one devoted to Shelle and the other devoted to Tony DiMera. Pretty much everything is covered between these two channels ~ it's phenomenal!

I forgot how much I used to LOVE DAYS....

I'm not there yet, but I see in 2004, before she "dies", Marlena is again possessed by Satan? I totally forgot that! Wasn't it, like, only two episodes or something? They discover it, she's exorcised, and - Poof! - the Devil is gone?

I can't think of one single thing about the show that is better now than than 2003-2005...
It doesn't look like anyone answered this, so...

She technically wasn't repossessed. The priest intentionally had her become possessed so that if she WAS possessed and that's why she was doing the murders, the original demon would have to show itself.

No wonder no one answered this. That's confusing. Anyway, it was just a test to see if possession could explain the murders, and it couldn't.

StefPhoenix
Member Avatar

What are the alternatives if these obtuse "anti-piracy" organisations aren't stopped?

Will we be forced to regress into the pre-YouTube era of mass-downloading clips from character-specific websites and message boards? Or does a decent YouTube alternative exist (Veoh, Dailymotion, Yahoo, Vimeo etc.) where such feeble-minded groups lack power?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

StefPhoenix
Oct 18 2015, 11:55 AM
What are the alternatives if these obtuse "anti-piracy" organisations aren't stopped?

Will we be forced to regress into the pre-YouTube era of mass-downloading clips from character-specific websites and message boards? Or does a decent YouTube alternative exist (Veoh, Dailymotion, Yahoo, Vimeo etc.) where such feeble-minded groups lack power?
I've created a Dailymotion account. Are any of those other sites good?

nananana7
Member Avatar

I've seen dailymotion and vimeo get hit by Entura, too.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days22

cord08

I was watching some more '80s Steve and Kayla tonight, and I'm still amazed at how much JLa resembles young SN and MBE.

And gosh, SN has always been great with the kid actors, hasn't he? The Max stuff is precious.

Daysofold

Sindacco
Oct 18 2015, 12:50 PM
StefPhoenix
Oct 18 2015, 11:55 AM

I've created a Dailymotion account. Are any of those other sites good?
I'd love to know your channel. 96/97 of Bo and Hope were great.

2 users reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Members: DrewHamilton
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply