Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2012 London Olympics
Topic Started: Jul 25 2012, 03:00 AM (3,583 Views)
Alin89
Member Avatar

sometimes i wish another network could pick up the olympics. I hate nbc's coverage and way too many comericals too
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Wait, they advertised EastEnders during the Opening Ceremony? How cool is that?!

On topic, I have not yet watched a single thing on these Olympics.. I might watch some of Croatian people, but since this time we don't have much of anything, I might end up watching just Handball and maybe Waterpolo...

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Alin89
Jul 30 2012, 05:29 AM
sometimes i wish another network could pick up the olympics. I hate nbc's coverage and way too many comericals too
I don't think it would change much because it is really all about the mighty dollar. The are putting the big events on tape delay to get the viewers at prime time. Other networks would do the same thing. I still think they would get the solid ratings if they still showed the event live and saved prime time for highlights of the day. There are some people who can't watch during the day no matter what.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Manny
Jul 30 2012, 05:54 AM
Wait, they advertised EastEnders during the Opening Ceremony? How cool is that?!

On topic, I have not yet watched a single thing on these Olympics.. I might watch some of Croatian people, but since this time we don't have much of anything, I might end up watching just Handball and maybe Waterpolo...
It wasn't really an ad, but as they were doing an flying tour of the River Thames through the years the shot jumps upward to show the iconic aerial shot of London from the opening titles and played the EastEnders drum beat, then shot back down again and carried on.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

That gymnastics rule really stinks that a country can only send two to the individual all-around even if more from their team would have made it. Jordyn Wieber was actually fourth overall yesterday and doesn't get to compete because she was third on her team (by .200). There were other countries too where they had people miss out because three ranked. You would think they would want the top gymnasts to compete in the Olympics.

Watching the men team on the iPad app. They do interrupt with 2 fast commercials every five minutes, but at least I can watch events live.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

The gymnastic rule sucks because its really not the top 24 in the world. I would like to see that rule changed.

I also watched the Men's competition (with no sound) online. What I do like about the online site is that you can have two events going and switch between them. I guess the scoring was changed?

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I said I like the winter Olympics better,after days of watching hot guys in their speedo's I am rethinking that statement,lol.

Alin89
Member Avatar

this yrs olympics the guys r so hot.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I can understand the whole two people from each country. I mean Canada gets royally screwed for Curling at the Winter Olympics because we only get one team to represent the country when really 8 of the top 10 in the world are all from Canada.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

The opening ceremony was such a gigantic failure what were they thinking, I kept on flashing back to the Bei Jing olympics. I am not feeling this olympics at all. I am rooting Evan Jagers. He goes to my church and that is about it. I like Michael Phelps, but he should have quit while he was ahead, he did not train as hard as he did last time. It show, the men didn't win the relay, they got silver. I was expecting gold.

Dakota
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jul 29 2012, 12:29 PM
One of my favorite events Diving begins. It's nice to know that I can actually do something just as good as the Olympians can ;)
LOL, I predict a Chinese will take gold again. Let's see if I am right. :D

Dakota
Member Avatar

cubsgirl
Jul 28 2012, 08:47 AM
It wasn't a super exciting opening ceremony but nothing was goings to top Beijing so it was good they didn't try to top them and did their own thing. Enjoyed all the music during the technology part and during the parade of nations. Liked the idea of the flags wing place on the English countryside and how the flame was lit.
I got a text from a male friend of my mines stating that it was immature hour and high school musical compare to BeiJing he was impressed with everything the Chinese did from the synchronize drumming. It takes a lot to impress him. He was impressed.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

VIVA MEXICO! I was so happy to see Mexico win something. OMG that crazy 4 1/2 summersault dive. The Chinese keep their dominance. Really glad for USA too.

So far, Lochte has been a disappointment.

Dakota
Member Avatar

^^Viva Mexico as well, proud of my country. He has been I was rooting for him and Phelps. Both fell short if you ask me. I would never forget the last Olympics with Phelps, I still have my DVD of him from the Beijing olympics. Oh the sweet memories.
Edited by Dakota, Jul 30 2012, 11:50 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

What I read today is that a lot of people who came to see the Olympics are pissed that they dont get to see the Olympic flame. The only people that will get to see it are those that were in the Opening Ceremony and those that have Track and Field tickets. I would be pissed too.

Nate
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jul 30 2012, 01:35 PM
The gymnastic rule sucks because its really not the top 24 in the world. I would like to see that rule changed.

I also watched the Men's competition (with no sound) online. What I do like about the online site is that you can have two events going and switch between them. I guess the scoring was changed?
Ikr? It's so dumb.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i also hate that the shows arent live.

Nate
Member Avatar

Alin89
Jul 31 2012, 12:35 AM
i also hate that the shows arent live.
Actually, where I am at they are live at times.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

All my Canadian affiliates are live more or less. Thank God.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

It's live online.I know every part cannot be live,London is way ahead of us time wise.

Phelps FINALLY got Gold,yahoooooo.

Yahoooooo to USA women's gymnastic team too.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Jul 31 2012, 11:06 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply