Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Scott Hamner Steps Down
Topic Started: Jul 25 2012, 12:33 PM (1,504 Views)
Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Hamner was originally hired by LML so that he could write the "Carmen Mesta" murder"mystery" because he did a fair job on a mystery over at Port Charles when they were both over there. That was the storyline he was hired to write and we all remember the suckage back then. For some reason, he was kept on and made the unofficial "spokesperson" for the writers when dealing with the press! I'm glad to see him go. I loved Sheffer's early time at ATWT but he had a LOT of talented backup. Y&R seemed to go steadily downhill when he and my favorite scapegoat Paul Rauch were hired. Then MAB proved she could suck with the best of them. I have VERY mixed feelings about this whole EP/Writer change. I'm happy about the writing part but JFP has proved to be a nut in the past, dressing up as a security guard at one soap function so that she could listen in and then starting a couple of cancellation balls rolling at other beloved soaps. I don't have any more faith in her abilities than I do those of LML or MAB UNLESS she is kept FAR away from the storylines. She will naturally have to make some tough decisions but I just picture her going over the top in "Off with her head" mode. In the EP role, it's akin to having to choose which boat you prefer. The Titanic or The Andrea Doria. They both sank!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply