Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Maria A. Bell OUT!/JFP & Josh Griffith IN!; Update 7/27 p 12 #171
Topic Started: Jul 26 2012, 01:39 PM (18,078 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

LOS ANGELES, July 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Jill Farren Phelps has been named Executive Producer of THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, daytime's number one drama, and Josh Griffith joins the series as Head Writer, it was announced today by Steve Kent, Senior Executive Vice President, U.S. Programming at Sony Pictures Television.

"We are excited to have such a talented daytime veteran leading our team at 'Y&R.' Jill has a stellar record of success in the daytime genre," said Kent. "We are also happy to welcome Josh back to THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS and are looking forward to his creative input and ideas."

"On behalf of everyone at 'Y&R,' we extend our sincere thanks to Emmy® Award-winning Maria Bell for her contributions to the show over the last five years. We wish her the best of luck and continued success," he added.

Phelps has been the executive producer of five daytime dramas and two prime time cable dramas: "Santa Barbara," "Guiding Light," "Another World," "One Life to Live," "General Hospital," the first season of "General Hospital: Night Shift" and "Hollywood Heights." As an executive producer, Phelps has been nominated for 14 Daytime Emmy Awards and has won seven times (1988–1990, 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2012).

Griffith's writing career includes "As the World Turns," "One Life to Live," "Santa Barbara," "Sunset Beach," "General Hospital," "The Young and the Restless" and "Hollywood Heights." He has received four Emmy Awards and four Writer's Guild Awards.

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS has been the number one rated daytime drama for more than 23 years and is in its 39th season. The show is broadcast weekdays (12:30-1:30 PM; 11:00 AM-12:00 Noon, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network and is produced by Bell Dramatic Serial Company, in association with Sony Pictures Television.
SOURCE Sony Pictures Television

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jill-farren-phelps-named-executive-producer-and-josh-griffith-named-head-writer-of-the-young-and-the-restless-the-number-one-daytime-drama-163936346.html
Edited by Mason, Jul 26 2012, 05:39 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great news! Make it happen, Sony! And replace her with someone competent enough to bring Y&R back to what it was always about.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I hope this is true. She won't be missed.

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

OH HAPPY DAY! :cart: :cart: :cart:

HOWEVER, what are we getting as a replacement?

Manny
Member Avatar

I'm scared to think which hack will they bring on next to continue the destruction of once a great soap.

Peridott
Member Avatar

I hope she does but I won't celebrate just yet. Stepping down could simply mean she won't be ex. producer anymore. Sony needs to just make a clean sweep, get rid of her and Sheffer too.

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

Two days later:

Bob Guza new head writer at Y&R!

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Sammie Jo
Jul 26 2012, 02:38 PM
HOWEVER, what are we getting as a replacement?
Say Hello too The Replacement ....Um`Hum! The Y&R backstage and head office bullshit has finally collided.

Jill Farren Phelps she has already been congratulated via twossip :laugh: twitter
Posted Image
Edited by lightandday, Jul 26 2012, 03:10 PM.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

I'm happy but worried at the same time :scared:

Tolepainter_1

Yeah, I hear she likes to get rid of the vets and is another one for making the female characters week and man-dependent. You are probably right to be afraid! :unsure:

Checkers
Member Avatar

I know it's not gonna happen but pushing for Wendy Riche.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Get rid of her and Sheffer too.

mikebise
Member Avatar

DC Tweet:

Jamey_Giddens ‏@Jamey_Giddens
Hearing Maria Arena Bell is "devastated", reaching out to top #YoungAndRestless stars..

Checkers
Member Avatar

mikebise
Jul 26 2012, 03:34 PM
DC Tweet:

Hearing Maria Arena Bell is "devastated", reaching out to top #YoungAndRestless stars..
:flipoff:

Couldn't of happened to a more deserving hack of a writer.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

mikebise
Jul 26 2012, 03:34 PM
DC Tweet:

Good :flipoff:

mikebise
Member Avatar

As long as it's a clean sweep. JFP doesn't scare me. Mouthpiece Hamner is gone, now MAB. PLEASE let HS be next on the announcements/leaks.

Manny
Member Avatar

She should have thought about it before she destroyed the show with her bad writing.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Nelson Branco is saying the name Josh Griffith......

Nelson Brancoş@nelliebranco

Looks like Josh Griffith is Y&R-bound.

Manny
Member Avatar

Recycle, recycle, recycle...

LPS
Member Avatar

The Young and the Restless's viewers, people on twitter, and Facebook respond with....

My tribute song to MAB.....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply