Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Dancing with the Stars" All Stars Cast Revealed!; Six Former Champions Return! Plus a Palin :(
Topic Started: Jul 27 2012, 12:36 PM (2,187 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/27/dancing-with-the-stars-and-the-all-stars-are/

ABC announced the lineup for Dancing with the Stars: All Stars, which bows Sept. 24. And they are:

Kelly Monaco (season 1, winner)
Drew Lachey (season 2, winner)
Emmitt Smith (season 3, winner)
Joey Fatone (season 4, second place)
Apolo Ohno (season 4, champion)
Helio Castroneves (season 5, winner)
Melissa Rycroft (season 8, third place)
Gilles Marini (season 8, second place)
Shawn Johnson (season 8, champion)
Pamela Anderson (season 10, withdrew after fourth round)
Bristol Palin (season 11, third place)
Kirstie Alley (season 12, second place)

In addition, viewers will choose the 13th dancer out of a pool of three: Kyle Massey (season 11, runner up), Sabrina Bryan (season 5, eliminated week 6), and Carson Kressley (season 13, eliminated week 5). Fans have until Aug. 24 to make their selections on ABC.com.
Edited by KMan101, Jul 27 2012, 12:42 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AliY&RGHFan

Well, we can almost be certain (and hope) that Bristol is out first. This is too good of a season to have her dancing. Couldn't they have found a better person from her season? A few names come to mind (Brandy, Audrina)

KMan101
Member Avatar

Kinda interesting how Seasons 6 and 7 are ignored (I have a hard time even recalling the celebrities from those seasons! lol). I thought for sure Donny or Marie would have returned. But I think it's fine without them. Somewhat surprised at how many winners are returning. I bet the winners are all paired with new partners (obviously Cheryl will dance with Gilles, so Drew and Emmit would have to be paired with someone else). Wonder if Julianne Hough will return? Probably not.

There are still many great past dancers out there so I'd definitely like to see another All Stars in a few seasons from now, maybe a second chance edition with those not picked this time? Definitely still a full talent pool out there (Jason Taylor, Brandy, Donny, Marie, JR Martinez, Rob Kardashian, Kelly Osborne, Ricki Lake, Chynna Phillips, etc.) for another full season.

EDIT: Whoops. Season 9 is ignored, too.
Edited by KMan101, Jul 27 2012, 12:51 PM.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

AliY&RGHFan
Jul 27 2012, 12:41 PM
Well, we can almost be certain (and hope) that Bristol is out first. This is too good of a season to have her dancing. Couldn't they have found a better person from her season? A few names come to mind (Brandy, Audrina)
I hope you are right, but during her season there were so many weeks she should have gone but didn't.

I like the list and don't like the list. Some of my favorites are back but I don't like all the winners on the list. Some really good contestants that can both dance well and have personality that it has potential to be a great season. I hope that everyone is paired with someone different (in some cases they are going to have to be). I think some are not going to be as good as they were because chemistry has a huge impact on how well the teams do.

It definitely has me looking forward to watch the season.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Well I know who I want booted off first...Bristol, blech!

I'm guessing they'll be mixing up the partners but I'd really like to see a repeat of Kristie with Maks. They were so fun together.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Bristol's only on there cuz her stupid reality show was a complete bust.

Joey and Apollo. :wub:

Totally voting for Sabrina Bryan,she was robbed.

Apollo's partner last time was Julianne Hough,so obviously he won't be dancing with her.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am excited to see Apolo and Drew again! This is a great group other than Bristol.

King
Member Avatar

So excited for Pam!

King
Member Avatar

And Kelly Monaco.

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

Supposedly 4 of the pairings are reunions of original pairings. Any guesses? I'm thinking:

Gilles and Cheryl
Bristol and Mark
Kirstie and Maks
Melissa and Tony

Alin89
Member Avatar

i cant wait i wouldnt mind watching this season.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I want Bristol's life. If only biology and fate allowed me to get knocked up as a teenager, and then gave me the chutzpah to milk it for cash...

Has any reality show ever had this many winners in an all-star season? It seems like they've set up a battle to find an ultimate champion.

KMan101
Member Avatar

BC2.0
Jul 27 2012, 03:17 PM
Supposedly 4 of the pairings are reunions of original pairings. Any guesses? I'm thinking:

Gilles and Cheryl
Bristol and Mark
Kirstie and Maks
Melissa and Tony
Yeah, I agree 100%

I also don't see why Joey and Kym wouldn't be dancing together again, though. Kym has no other All Stars returning. I also see Pam with Damian again (or if he doesn't come back, Tristan or Louis). I see Mel with Val. Kelly with Derek. Lacey with Drew. I can see Peta with Emmitt. Apollo with Chelsie. Helio with Anna. Shawn will probably be with ... who's left? LOL. Hmm. Maybe she will be with Derek?

Whoever of Sabrina, Kyle or Carson come back, they'll probably be paired with a new pro? IDK.

I do think it's interesting that Derek Hough has no former partners returning (of course Brooke is co-hosting the show). Neither does Anna. Of course Peta and Val don't.

Cupcake06

Blah. I really only want to see Giles again. And maybe to see how Kelly does since she was the first winner and things were so different back then.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i think palin will be the first one out i have that feeling.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Why Is Bristol Palin Returning To ‘Dancing With The Stars’? “God Provides Opportunities Like This”

As announced earlier at today’s TCA, Bristol Palin is among the returning stars for this season’s Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars. Palin came under fire during her season on the show because she made it to the finals despite her comparable lack of talent (one of her infamous routines included her dancing in a very hairy monkey suit). And at this panel, she was peppered with questions about why she would subject herself to it all again. Said Palin: “I just think that God provides opportunities like this. You can either go out and do ‘em or not do ‘em, the press is going to talk about me no matter what so I might as well be having fun”. Adding another reason for participating in a later comment: “Do I like to provide for my son? Yes I do”.

Palin was also asked about whether the various Palins making reality TV into sort of a family business. “I definitely don’t think it’s our business”, she said. “I just think you guys are going to be talking about us either way, so I might as well be doing something enjoyable and fun. (DWTS host Tom Bergeron joked that the Palins have not quite gone “full Kardashian” yet).

Though Palin kept deflecting questions with her claim that she just wants to have a “fun gig”, she was also asked to address her feelings about gays, given that the show features gay dancers and she could conceivably end up with a gay partner (partners will be revealed Aug, 13, Green said).

“I like gays, I’m not a homophobic”, Palin said. “I’m sick of people saying that just because I’m for traditional marriage doesn’t mean I’m scared, don’t hate anybody. People are going to make up stuff about me no matter what. It’s just about dancing and it’s going to be fun and that’s all I have to say about it”.

Palin did reveal one piece of news about the upcoming season: “I will not be dancing in a monkey suit”.

DWTS showrunner Conrad Green addressed the reason why the show is bringing back favorite stars rather than bringing in a new cast as in previous seasons. First of all he said that the show has finally reached critical mass where there is enough inventory of competitive stars to make up an entire cast. He added that there is a “genuine warmth and appetite” to see certain stars again. Green acknowledged a ratings dip last season, attributing it to being up against The Voice, which draws a similar audience.

For his part, host Bergeron said that familiarity with the contestants would allow him to treat them with a little more edge, be “a little snarkier” this season.

Source: Deadline

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

"The press is going talk about me no matter what..."

They keep talking about you because you keep putting yourself in the spotlight. Maybe if you stopped going on reality show, doing tv interviews, etc the media would eventually move onto the next thing that came along.

I just hate when "celebrities" (using the word loosely for lack of a better word) complain about media yet are constantly doing things to put themselves in the media. Getting off my soapbox now.

LPS
Member Avatar

LMAO....Bristol will probably win. Sarah is popular with peep on Medicaid and that's a majority of DWTS audience.

I don't know why people care she said it was "God's plan". That's how Christian Evangels talk.

Bristol was chosen because we have a weird obsession with that strange family as shown by this thread. That's all everyone is talking about.
Edited by LPS, Jul 28 2012, 10:37 AM.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

She is a fame whore, what else can you say about her. I never watched her reality tv show, but apparently from what I read, her sister was supposed to be her babysitter while she had fun or did whatever the heck she does, which is basically nothing. She get herself some class and some education.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

LPS
Jul 28 2012, 10:36 AM
I don't know why people care she said it was "God's plan". That's how Christian Evangels talk.
Honestly...I only care because her hypocrisy pisses me off.

I'm glad Kirstie Alley's coming back, though. Love her.
Edited by px780, Aug 1 2012, 07:33 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply