Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
soaps.com interview with Arianne Zucker
Topic Started: Jul 27 2012, 08:04 PM (3,199 Views)
six
Member Avatar

http://soaps.sheknows.com/daysofourlives/news/id/27043/Interview_Days_of_Our_Lives%E2%80%99_Arianne_Zucker/

If you ask Arianne Zucker, no one gets in her character Nicole's way any more than Nicole does herself. "She just sabotages everything she does," Arianne says. And being pregnant with EJ's baby has not deterred men from gathering around in Nicole's atmosphere. And while she is happy with Daniel right now, there is no telling what will come in the future. Arianne talks with Soaps.com about Nicole's past hurt, her current plot and her possible future with Daniel ... or Rafe or Brady or EJ.

Soaps.com: Why is Nicole hiding this pregnancy from EJ?

Arianne: Because he is a jerk! You know, there is a lot of pain there, and these two have never really been honest with each other, sadly, and I think that one, she is taking a page out of Samiís book and thinks she has something right going on there. And two, he has hurt her so badly that she doesnít want him to have anything to do with her or her childís life. And I think she has made this decision out of pain and not coping.

Soaps.com: We know how it turned out when Sami hid her pregnancy with Grace from EJ. What will happen if EJ gets a DNA sample after this baby is born?

Arianne: Iím screwed and he is going to take the kid. I am in a lot of trouble and for some reason I feel it is worth the risk. Sadly.

Soaps.com: You guys seemed to be doing good until he cheated this last time. Do you think Nicole could ever get past this?

Arianne: That is always a yes, of course! You never know, you can never say no to that, itís a soap. I was thinking about last night actually. I was trying to catch up on the show and I am watching people go back and forth with each other, Sami goes back to Lucas and then Rafe and then EJ and I laugh to myself. That is what is so great about the show or ďB&BĒ watching Katherine Kelly Langís character Brooke always going back and forth, it is so true to soap life. I thought, ĎGod, if I had a boyfriend or a couple of boyfriends that I was doing that to, I would smack them all and be like are you crazy.

Soaps.com: Right now you seem really into Daniel. How would you characterize that relationship?

Arianne: You know, I say that Brady was a very truthful character to her, for her. She was pretty truthful to him because he stood by her through so many things, and so I think Daniel is sort of the fresh start of that where she is pregnant with this kid, she has changed the DNA, he knows it, he is still there with her. Heís there and for her, he believes in me and I am pregnant. That is insane. That is an insane thought for any woman who in real life is single and pregnant to have to go through a situation like this where a guy really likes me for me. So I think for her it is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Soaps.com: What about Rafe? How do you feel about him, and do you think he might be a better fit than Daniel?

Arianne: I think that for Nicole, Rafe is wonderful. I think though, his mind is elsewhere and I think he is doing the far more noble thing. But I think she kind of gets that, ĎHm,that is probably not going to happen.í He is gone, already, beyond anything she ever thought he would do in just becoming her friend, let alone these illusions of maybe he would. I think he keeps the door open just enough for Nicole to go, Ďmaybe.í Interestingly enough for some reason, with his character, Nicole is very careful. She is very careful because if that were a possibility it could possibly be a really good thing.

Soaps.com: A lot of people think Brady is another possibility for Nicole again now that Madison is leaving.

Arianne: I will say that never say never with Brady. Once you go Brady you never go back, I tell you. Heís great. And I think that Brady is always going to be there for her no matter what. And I think if she was in any kind of trouble, she wants to respect the fact that they did make this agreement. They are good for each other, they are so good for each other, but right now it just clearly isnít the time. They encourage each other to drink and get to places - at one time they werenít like that and then they were. At this point I would say never say never with those two because he could be a really good fit for her at some point in her life, but we donít know. I think they made a mistake by not trying further, by letting the alcohol get in the way. So there are all these what-ifs. How often do we do that in our lives? What if I did this? Did I try everything I possibly could have to be with this guy? Probably not. So that is kind of Nicole and Brady. They didnít try everything they could to be with each other.

Soaps.com: Are you still fearful of losing this baby like the last time?

Arianne: Uh huh. And I think in real life, any mother who has had a miscarriage or had to go through a DNC will ever wonder if the baby is going to go to term You donít want to think that, to think that anything is going to happen to your child, but no matter what, it still sits in the back of your head.

Soaps.com: Do you ever wonder if Dr. Baker took Nicoleís baby and told you it was stillborn?

Arianne: The baby was only five months along, so I donít wonder. But in soap world anything is possible.

Soaps.com: Everyone wants to know if Nicole will find happiness. How do you see that panning out for the rest of your pregnancy?

Arianne: The only time Nicole is going to find happiness, and it is so clichť, but if she is happy with herself. And I am not sure this character has found that yet. And the one thing I love about her, she is just so dysfunctional to herself and just sabotages everything she does. And what I love and hate about this character all at the same time is, she always screws it up. And you can always count on the fact that even though something is going good, she is going to screw it up. You donít know how, you donít know why. She is just one of those people who doesnít seem to learn from her lessons.

Soaps.com: Where would you like to see Nicole go? What do you think would make her happy?

Arianne: Oh gosh, in a work sense I do love that his character does self-sabotage. I really do, because it keeps me in a light, it keeps the character running. And if there was a happy ending, I would love to see her grow and learn from her lessons and maybe actually have child. That I would love to see. I would love to see, even if it was somebody she never spoke about in her past, if she really did have a kid and just blocked it out or something and have that relationship. Or, I would really love to see the relationship grow between Ė I know her father is dead Ė but a fatherly relationship with her. Or she has some kind of closure with her past. That would be really interesting to me, regardless who it is with. Whether it be with Abe maybe or with her brother. Something that helps her close a chapter in her life that would give her a small amount of growth. That would be really kind of cool, or just to dive into that emotional part.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Nicole is only keeping his paternity a secret because Ej slept with Sami,I just don't buy any other reason.

Ehh seems like Nicole is going to be prancing around doing nothing, I like Arianne but she has become FF to me.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Am i the only one that read that last paragraph as she was not having the baby?

six
Member Avatar

I really like her suggestion for Abe to be Nicole's father figure. They do have a past and it would give Abe something to do.

Her suggestion to give Nicole a child by giving her a kid she forgot about makes me wonder if this current pregnancy ends in a miscarriage.

Doesn't sound like racole is going anywhere. Glad to hear that.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I really hope Nicole doesn't have a miscarriage. That would be just so wrong.
Quote Post Goto Top

emma mia
Member Avatar

Very interesting read TFP

Loved her comment about Nicole's first baby being gone at 5 mths and her not even wondering and that statement about what she would like to see with Nicole makes me wonder about the future of the baby hmmmmm.

Tibi
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Jul 27 2012, 08:15 PM
I really hope Nicole doesn't have a miscarriage. That would be just so wrong.
I know. And that last paragraph was really hard to understand, but I really, really can't see Nicole having another miscarriage. That would be something I can't see her recovering from, she has even said she would die if she had another miscarriage. I just think she probably hasn't filmed the birth scenes, so Nicole hasn't had the baby yet at that point in the script. I really liked her answer to those questions though, it was a really interesting interview.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I think it meant nothing. She's very, very careful in the other interviews, so I dont see her spilling anything here.

Cupcake06

She's right that they missed the opportunity to write something good for Brady and Nicole. Now I hate them.

Props to her for somehow being able to come up with more than an "uhh" answer when it comes to Rafe.

Geez, the options are really depressing :shame:

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

She might have just been tired--she had been more hopeful in some of the other interviews!

I did love her answer about getting past what EJ did and she said "that answer is always YES!" She makes me laugh, and I adore Nicole. As long as she is on the show it's wonderful!

Ireland98

JamesScott_19
Jul 27 2012, 08:08 PM
Nicole is only keeping his paternity a secret because Ej slept with Sami,I just don't buy any other reason.

Ehh seems like Nicole is going to be prancing around doing nothing, I like Arianne but she has become FF to me.
Yeah Nicole is going to be bouncing from Daniel to Rafe to Eric but also have Brady around too.

Oh well, she can have her fun with all of her men.

EJ is going to be busy romancing his true love Samantha and that's what I want to see! So excited for EJAMI!!!! :wub:

rachelgreen

i don't normally read her interview, but she does not seem very articulate to me. she sounds like a high school drop out to me just saying.

i noticed that she said that nicole is taking a page from sami's book. OK so nicole is a copy cat. kind of confirmed my theory that nicole is obsessed with sami. she wants her men, her life, her child and now she is copying sami's scheme. get a life nicole.!!!

it does not sound like the baby makes it. maybe it is wishful thinking on my part.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
You say you're a rude boy Show me what you got

From this interview I don't think the baby survives.

deletemyaccountplease

Soo dicole she screws up
rafole never really happens
Bricole would be great but not at this time
Ej she will always be able to forgive

I am content! Much. Better interview

wezzie

How far along is Nicole at this time?

Crazy4Ejole

Why shouldn't Nicole have 4 or 5 men fighting for affection, Sami does it every other month and Nicole is way more attractive so why not.
Edited by Crazy4Ejole, Jul 27 2012, 09:19 PM.

Crazy4Ejole

wezzie
Jul 27 2012, 09:16 PM
How far along is Nicole at this time?
I'm assuming 5-6 months but I'm not sure because she was showing late May-early June so who knows for sure.

Alin89
Member Avatar

this is a much better interview

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

I'm definitely giving that last paragraph the side eye. :ermm: just sayin.

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

I really like the character of Nicole but they need to limit her men. They say Sami is a slut but Nicole has spoke about four different men in this interview and if the rumors are true about Eric coming back to be paired with her than that would be five!!! (Ej, Daniel, Rafe, Brady, Eric... whew). They need to limit her to under 2 men for sure!

That last paragraph talks like she loses the baby. Maybe it just reads funny but sounds weird to me.
Thanks for posting though:)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply