Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of August 13th; *UPDATED 8/9**
Topic Started: Jul 28 2012, 09:29 AM (65,416 Views)
Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Jack spoilers about his PTSD must resurface after the ones he has prior to rescuing Abby.
I am slightly confused as to will happen to Jack after he is alone and trapped in the elevator. More PTSD? I saw his breakdown on Monday's show, and now the spoilers say the same for Tuesday? I figured that after he gets Abby out safely, the door closes and the addition explosion sends the elevator down the shaft, and as the door shuts, he yells 'I love u.' Am I missing something? Dying a hero is what I want to see, not Jack fucked up and emotionally broken again? what would be the point? I liked that Jack over came his PTSD to save his daughter and leave it at that.

If the Jack spoiler is correct, about His PTSD flashbacks, then I believe Jack will die in true Salem fashion, with no body being found, leaving the door open for his return.
Edited by Dreamer, Aug 11 2012, 03:32 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^ I don't think there is another PTSD attack for Jack..I think the one before he gets in the elevator is the only one. I remember one interview recently where Matt said they had taped one more PTSD episode and I'm assuming that is it. If Wednesday is his last airdate I can only assume that we'll get some sort of replay of the previous days scene if the elevator doors close on Tuesday's show. It would be pretty stupid having a scene like that as not the last scene or at the end of an episode (and I realise that stupid is this show's middle name). When we first heard the rumor of the elevator doors closing on him as part of his exit it was said that would be his final scene so I don't see there being any scenes of him alone in the elevator.

I also just noticed that Daniel is in spoilers for 4 out of the 5 days next week. I guess it's official that Tomlin is back and Daniel will become every woman's hero again (despite his dumping of a pregnant woman in the middle of a crisis). :eyeroll:
Edited by Guinevere, Aug 11 2012, 03:34 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I saw parts of Monday's show and heard most of it, since I was working, but don't think there are any 'real' flashbacks shown, just Jack's verbal recollection in his PTSD state.
Edited by Dreamer, Aug 11 2012, 03:34 PM.

bomber
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Aug 11 2012, 03:20 PM
Jack spoilers about his PTSD must resurface after the ones he has prior to rescuing Abby.
I am slightly confused as to will happen to Jack after he is alone and trapped in the elevator. More PTSD? I saw his breakdown on Monday's show, and now the spoilers say the same for Tuesday? I figured that after he gets Abby out safely, the door closes and the addition explosion sends the elevator down the shaft, and as the door shuts, he yells 'I love u.' Am I missing something? Dying a hero is what I want to see, not Jack fucked up and emotionally broken again? what would be the point? I liked that Jack over came his PTSD to save his daughter and leave it at that.

If the Jack spoiler is correct, about His PTSD flashbacks, then I believe Jack will die in true Salem fashion, with no body being found, leaving the door open for his return.
I agree that chances are they wont find a body but I'm feeling pessimistic about a return. The problem with jack's exit is that a return is going to involve creative thinking on the part of the writers to come up with a plausible explanation and I don't believe that Tomlin and co. are sufficiently invested in the character (or capable of imaginative writing) to bother. Especially since a s/l for Jack will interfere with Sami/EJ/Rafe/Daniel etc. Yeah I'm still pissed.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I really wish I could disregard any conversation of "She-who-will-not-be-named" because the Jack stuff sounds great, and would probably tear me apart if I decide to watch. Madison, not so much, although I'm intrigued with Kate's reaction. I'm also interested in how AZ plays her scenes.

rosered

Guinevere
Aug 11 2012, 03:29 PM
^ I don't think there is another PTSD attack for Jack..I think the one before he gets in the elevator is the only one. I remember one interview recently where Matt said they had taped one more PTSD episode and I'm assuming that is it. If Wednesday is his last airdate I can only assume that we'll get some sort of replay of the previous days scene if the elevator doors close on Tuesday's show. It would be pretty stupid having a scene like that as not the last scene or at the end of an episode (and I realise that stupid is this show's middle name). When we first heard the rumor of the elevator doors closing on him as part of his exit it was said that would be his final scene so I don't see there being any scenes of him alone in the elevator.

I also just noticed that Daniel is in spoilers for 4 out of the 5 days next week. I guess it's official that Tomlin is back and Daniel will become every woman's hero again (despite his dumping of a pregnant woman in the middle of a crisis). :eyeroll:
Acturally I think Daniel is on 5 days next week.
When's Jack 's last day :(

Spoiler pics for wk of Aug 13

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/news/#item=253603

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^Oh I realise he's on everyday I was just noticing he was mentioned on four different days spoilers. What do they see in this character? I don't get it. :shrug:

Jack's last day is Wednesday I think. Matt's last airdate is August 15. :'(
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

I just realized... Carrie left without saying goodbye to Sami..? Right?

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Hologram
Aug 12 2012, 12:47 PM
Right. I thought there was a spoiler that said Carrie talked to Sami the week she left or the week before, but we never saw it. Either that was a mistake or it was written out.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 12 2012, 01:05 PM
Hologram
Right. I thought there was a spoiler that said Carrie talked to Sami the week she left or the week before, but we never saw it. Either that was a mistake or it was written out.
Or she was too busy drooling over Rafe to remember Sami. As someone who used to like Cafe and willing to give them another shot if written better, those final scenes were just a mess. :shame:
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Aug 12 2012, 10:39 PM.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Hologram
I don't think I would have said goodbye to Sami either. Who wants to listen to that banshee screech when you're trying to flee town? I like to think that was intentional.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Aug 12 2012, 10:37 PM
magicsteacher
Aug 12 2012, 01:05 PM
Hologram
Or she was too busy drooling over Rafe to remember Sami. As someone who used to like Cafe and willing to give them another shot if written better, those final scenes were just a mess. :shame:
I'm another one who thought Rafe and Carrie would have worked but those last scenes.

Carrie was willing to go with her sisters husband just to prove she could? I was willing to give Carrie the benefit of the doubt (which was hard but if she really did love Rafe, so be it) but that last scene made me doubt she gave loved him at all, knew he loved Sami and was willing to throw her marriage away just to stick it to Sami.

supercool74
Member Avatar

I'm confused. That link with the pictures of sneak peeks shows a pic of Jack holding a wallet or maybe it's a book or something. Is that an old photo they just threw in there? He's wearing a jacket and I see lights in the background like it's Christmas. It doesn't look like any scenes we had this week. Why do they do this? I actually got excited for a split second because I thought we would see something else from him.
Edited by supercool74, Aug 16 2012, 11:53 PM.

ILoveAGoodDanish
Member Avatar

Daniel is such a classy guy. Using a pregnant woman? Now that's a real man. :puke:

NikiLani
Member Avatar

He breaks it off just after she went into premature labour that would have caused a miscarriage....classy indeed!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply