Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Secret Storm Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 29 2012, 12:59 PM (502 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This is a thread to discuss The Secret Storm which ran on on CBS from February 1, 1954 to February 8, 1974.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Thanks so much for TWO reasons! ;

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

It's really tough to get history from this show which isn't duplicated at every resource I've tried! I watched only the last two years but Belle was one of the all time classic soap Bad Girls! I would love to see some footage of her somewhere but YouTube only has clips from the earliest days and a few scattered 1960s clips and episodes where there are characters and actors not listed at any resource that I've found! Even just before being axed, this show was SO much better than any US soap currently airing!(not that that would be hard to accomplish.) I'm sure that any of those shows would KILL to get the ratings The Secret Storm was canceled over! It was a whole different world back then however and there was a much larger viewing base!

RutherfordBHayes

The other day, I received a very nice reply to a note I sent to Marla Adams. She looks upon her years in Woodbridge as the highlight of her career.

orgnplyr
Member Avatar

Here is a clip of the late Marjorie Gateson and Virginia Dwyer from a 1956 episode of "The Secret Storm"!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEK9TAQUzJw&feature=player_detailpage#t=9s

Graves72

There's a clip on YouTube somewhere with Belle in a brief scene. She was beautiful. In one of the Joan Crawford episodes (audio only), she's heard talking to her father, I believe. She definitely was a first-rate villainess on that show. Seems like the soaps had believably mean villainesses in that era, such as Charlotte on GL, Erica on AMC, Andrea on SFT, Rachel on AW and Lisa on ATWT.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

They were bitchy and complex. Belle will always be my favorite out of the pack. She was so beautiful but so nasty. I remember her trying to get a job at a newspaper years after her father and the Ames family were involved with or owned the competing papers in Woodbridge. She wasn't able to blackmail Amy for money anymore as Kevin threatened to have her prosecuted. Her husband wasn't out of jail yet and she needed a source of income. She went to talk to a woman editor who flat out refused to hire her. Belle called her a Dragon Lady and took off.She went storming into a bar wearing red and ordered a stinger on the rocks. Even the way she ordered a drink was bitchy. But she was just fascinating and you couldn't take your eyes off her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · Soap Opera History & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply