Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hannibal; 2013 Bryan Fuller NBC Series starring Hugh Dancy
Topic Started: Jul 29 2012, 02:53 PM (742 Views)
Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this show as it's being created by Bryan Fuller, who I have been a fan of since Dead Like Me. He also did Pushing Daisies and the First season of Heroes. I didn't think this show was happening because NBC didn't include it in its new show release, but it seems to be really happening with an early 2013 premiere - they have even set up an official page (http://www.nbc.com/hannibal/) and a twitter account! http://twitter.com/nbchannibal. I love psychological thrillers so I hope it does not dissapoint - its been a while since broadcast television did a good one like Profiler or The Pretender in the 90s.

Its a reworking of the movie when Lecter was still working for the FBI but eating people on the side.

I know nobody can replace Anthony Hopkins but Mads Mikkelsen seems creepy enough.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar

I just don't know how good this could be on network TV.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

First photos from pilot released: http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20302134_20642502,00.html

A tad underwhelming but I guess not much should be read into these...

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Drew
Jul 30 2012, 09:04 AM
I just don't know how good this could be on network TV.
Robert Greenblatt, the NBC president who comissioned this used to be at Showtime where I believe (stand to be corrected) he commisioned series like Dexter, Homeland, Shameless, Nurse Jackie. So I'd be hoping for something decent, but yeah network tv seems to constrain what can be done - so far he has given us Revolution, Smash and Chicago Fire, so yeah, you are right, shouldn't get excited about this...

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

SOS do you know if they (NBC) are still going with that show "Infamous"?

I'm still shock they had balls to take on Hannibal. I see Gina Torres has joined love her acting but when real life husband/wife play the same on a show it makes me wonder will it work on reel.
Edited by lightandday, Oct 26 2012, 01:46 PM.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

This show looks good.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

lightandday
Oct 26 2012, 01:45 PM
SOS do you know if they (NBC) are still going with that show "Infamous"?

I'm still shock they had balls to take on Hannibal. I see Gina Torres has joined love her acting but when real life husband/wife play the same on a show it makes me wonder will it work on reel.
It debuts January 7th and is now called "Deception" which sounds way more soapy!

No word on Hannibal yet...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/10/30/nbc-announces-mid-season-schedule-including-community-smash-deception-1600-penn-premiere-dates/155351/

King
Member Avatar

Fuller has a great repertoire. I will definitely check this out.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I just can't see him (The creator of Pushing Daisies and Wonderfalls) doing this kind of show. Of course, I never thought Ryan Murphy could do a teen musical drama after Nip/Tuck either LOL

King
Member Avatar

Yeah, I can't really see it either, Haha.

It's going to be interesting that is for sure!
Edited by King, Nov 1 2012, 03:44 AM.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Gillian Anderson joins cast for multi-episode arc.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/gillian-anderson-to-costar-on-possibly-get-eaten-b,89866/

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Anthony Hopkins will always be Dr.Lector but I will give it a change,but how gory could it be on network tv?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply