Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Historical Clip Discussion #3: Phelle Wedding
Topic Started: Jul 31 2012, 12:43 PM (1,723 Views)
Ellie

Discuss! :smile:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Motorcycle!!!

Anita

I loved the ending. What the heck was Samiís problem?

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

Shawn crashing the wedding with the motorcycle was so lame. That Philip was ugly also. Thank god JKJ came back later.

Anita

I did not like that Philip either. So happy JKJ came back.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

There is only one Phillip for me and that is JKJ! I wish is was still on and with Chloe. Wow and Kate's face still looked normal here.
Edited by 3WishGenie, Jul 31 2012, 01:28 PM.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Real Celeste! :)

somersetfan
Member Avatar

I always wondered how the hell he got the motorcycle that far in the air. Was there a ramp outside the church window??

Oh JER.......I wish I could get my hands on some of the pills he was obviously on when he wrote this shit.
Edited by somersetfan, Jul 31 2012, 01:47 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I never thought I would be sitting her remembering that crap fondly, and that makes me wonder- 10 years from now will I look at a Daniel/Jennifer scene and be all, "That was so awesome how he became Maggie's egg but fertilized and, like, old."

But that really wasn't half bad. Sami's bitchface was incredible, and I wish Sweeney would never have tried anything else.

Koslow looked fantastic.

As someone else said- real Celeste!

Yet another scene where people are gathered and shit actually happens. Weird.

As far as Phillip though...I'm going my own route- I preferred the very first SORASed one. He was short, Phil had a gambling problem or something. I liked that kid the best.

LastLicks
Member Avatar

Billy Idol anyone?

(Hated Jennifer's hair around this time, not that Hope's any better.)

Kansa
Member Avatar

Love the look John gave Belle right before he walked her down the aisle.

Lol @ Lucas restraining Sami! And, Ali looked so beautiful in that color!

I really liked Phelle, but only with the Jay Kenneth Johnson version!

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Kenny
Member Avatar

My favorite part of this clip are the dramatic shots of everyone right before Shawn crashes into the church. I like how the camera slowly sweeps across the wedding guests (actual camera movement!) to show their reactions as the roar of the motorcycle gets louder. I like how it zooms on Celeste as she stands up in dramatic fashion, realizing her visions of doom are about to come true. I especially love Belle's horrified scream when she turns to see Shawn crashing through the window with glass shattering all over the place. Very dramatic.

I wish they still put that much care into the camera work today.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Oh my gosh, I thought that was so cheesy when I saw it as a teenager, but now I'm wondering who I have to pay off to make something like this happen again.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

LMAO, that was cheesy! With so much bad hair too, Jennifer's hair sucked, Mimi had some big hair going on and John looked like he forgot to comb his.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I hated this wedding, and really everything that happened around this time period. Marlena, Roman, Jack, Cassie, Caroline and Victor were still trapped in Tony's castle. I just wanted everyone back in Salem and to see old fashion soap stories told. We didn't get that until June! This was, December?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

My God, I can't believe people actually want Cook back as Shawn. He's terrible!

Nice seeing Boyd as Celeste again. Always predicting doom and gloom though. Always.

Alfonso's hair looks terrible! As does Fath's. And Reeves with those bangs? Here I thought the hair department just started fucking up. Nope. They've been fucking up since 2004.

Ellie

DrewHamilton
Jul 31 2012, 05:24 PM
My God, I can't believe people actually want Cook back as Shawn. He's terrible!
I just never warmed up to Brandon Beemer in the role. IMO, his only redeeming quality as Shawn is that he looks like he could be KA's son. So if it's a choice between Beemer and Cook, I'd pick Cook. He has a sweetness and innocence to him which seems a good fit for Bope's son, and which just isn't there with Beemer.

Ellie

DrewHamilton
Jul 31 2012, 05:24 PM
Alfonso's hair looks terrible! As does Fath's. And Reeves with those bangs? Here I thought the hair department just started fucking up. Nope. They've been fucking up since 2004.
I don't think the hair department gets the "credit" necessarily for a bad haircut. Sometimes that's the Days hair people, but usually it's not. It's more the day-to-day styling that's the responsibility of the hair department.

Kyrai

I like JKJ better, but I still like this Phillip better than Shawn. I loved how much he loved Claire. I never liked Cook.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

OMG! God I hated shelle. I hated how they were the golden couple and remembered when Shawn crashed the church with the cycle, I was thinking no one's going to arrest that fool.

The only Phill will be JKJ!

TFP

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply