Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: August Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 31 2012, 03:53 PM (3,923 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

General Hospital
August Discussion

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Aww, Todd. I was hoping it would be a pic of him when I clicked into this thread :D

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

That's a nice picture of Roger.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 31 2012, 03:53 PM
General Hospital
August Discussion

Posted Image
Can't believe this interloper has taken over GH. Just embarrassing! :facepalm: :shame:

Anita

That is a great picture of Roger. I never watched OLTL, so Todd is new to me.
He has taken GH by storm and I am loving it.

happy
Member Avatar

I can't make myself watch this week. Liked last week a lot, but this week's story lines don't interest me. Have we seen Olivia since they carted her off while she was screaming about red walls?

Nate
Member Avatar
#BitchIsBack

I loved OLTL, but not on GH. I miss OLTL...

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

You know what, I really don't see OLTL when I watch GH. I view Todd, Starr, John, Blair and Tea as new exciting characters to GH, but have the benefit of old ties to my heart. It's a win-win in my mind. I think Carlivati/Valentini picked the right characters to cross over. Seeing Viki or Dorian or Bo, that would make it seem like OLTL on GH. Some could say Todd and Blair are faces of OLTL, just s much as the three examples I gave, but I just feel like they're able to make that jump without it seeming jarring, as much as it would be seeing Viki or Dorian in Port Charles.

Nate
Member Avatar
#BitchIsBack

DrewHamilton
Aug 2 2012, 09:06 PM
You know what, I really don't see OLTL when I watch GH. I view Todd, Starr, John, Blair and Tea as new exciting characters to GH, but have the benefit of old ties to my heart. It's a win-win in my mind. I think Carlivati/Valentini picked the right characters to cross over. Seeing Viki or Dorian or Bo, that would make it seem like OLTL on GH. Some could say Todd and Blair are faces of OLTL, just s much as the three examples I gave, but I just feel like they're able to make that jump without it seeming jarring, as much as it would be seeing Viki or Dorian in Port Charles.
I like all the OLTL characters on GH, but they don't fit in at all. It's just dumb, I mean Todd having the most episodes... Seriously?!? No clue why Starr is in PC, she could get a contract anywhere. And with Natalie/John there has been so much history in that couple, but they ruin it for John being in a love triangle that he will lose. And killing Hope and Cole? WTF? Starr should be in PC, with John. The only character that should stay is Todd, with LESS episodes.

And I don't see OLTL with I watch GH either, I see a worse GH and OLTL.

Nate
Member Avatar
#BitchIsBack

I also hate how they wrote off Diane to make room for Heather.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Is there any chance that they will bring back the original Kristina? This new one really doesn't cut it. They also need to get rid of the Sculley family too. YUCK.....

Nate
Member Avatar
#BitchIsBack

I hope they fire RC and bring back Garin Wolf. I liked his writing. Even Guza was better lol.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Nate
Aug 3 2012, 08:58 PM
I hope they fire RC and bring back Garin Wolf. I liked his writing. Even Guza was better lol.
I liked Garin's writing, too (for the most part). He went back to the breakdown writing team when Ron took over, but was recently let go. His last appearance in the GH credits was yesterday.

Alin89
Member Avatar

bring someone else bak not garin or guza they destroyed the show.

Vetting4fun

I watched GH and OLTL many years ago. Started watching GH 2 yrs ago. Got hooked in a day. Then watched OLTL knowing it was going off the air for old times sake. Got hooked right away. I am enjoying the new cross over characters. They bring in new ones all the time that are stupid, like Maggie, Lsa, Ewan, lady in white to name a few. At least Todd, brings great comic relief (love the crazy calling ring tone) Also if it adds more viewers, that's only a good thing.

engrady pind

I stopped watching OLTL years and years ago when my work schedule interferred and I had to select one soap to keep up with. I chose General Hospital. Consequently, I am not familiar with the OLTL characters who have immigrated to Port Charles. I am not finding them intrusive. I think the powers that be have done a marvelous job integrating John and the Mannings into the things going on with the show. That being said, I am not impressed with Starr Manning who appears to be just another spoiled rich girl who thinks she knows more about life than she actually does. She is, however, a welcome contrast to Kristina who is full of herself and has a dangerously low self-image. It is safe to be said that I just don't care for the teen set. None of them feel like real teens. I am having difficulty getting a good handle on Todd Manning. He is childish and self-involved. I am surprised he has managed to keep his company. A good con man ought to be able to fleece Todd but good. Todd is totally different from the other GH characters. He is not a bad guy yet he has done bad things and knows he will continue to do bad things. I really think he shouldn't be allowed out on his own. He is a menace to himself and anyone in his line of thought. I can see Carly's fascination with him, but I am surprised she has taken on the role of mother-in-residence to Todd. I understand Todd's twin is supposed to make a visit to Port Charles too so that interrupted story can be finished. I have enjoyed Blair's visits to Port Charles and would like to see her more often as she can really be a fly in the ointment for some of the other characters.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Is anyone watching Soap Net's Golden Moments for GH? 1980! Luke and Laura on the run and dancing in the department store! A young Alan, Monica, and Rick! The stories hold up--even now! If you haven't watched it-- take some time to watch it- you won't be sorry. This is GH at its very best! I could watch this over and over again!

(Sorry--back to the regular discussion! :) )

miou07
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Aug 9 2012, 07:32 PM
Is anyone watching Soap Net's Golden Moments for GH? 1980! Luke and Laura on the run and dancing in the department store! A young Alan, Monica, and Rick! The stories hold up--even now! If you haven't watched it-- take some time to watch it- you won't be sorry. This is GH at its very best! I could watch this over and over again!

OMG! I am missing this because I'm at work! Aargh!

That is one of my favorite soap opera episodes EVER. Luke and Laura dancing in the department store sealed the deal for me with them.

I loved so many of stories back then -- Alan/Monica/Rick/Lesley/Susan, Luke and Laura on the run from Frank Smith. I hope there are repeats this weekend.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

miou07
Aug 9 2012, 07:36 PM
talbab1994

That is one of my favorite soap opera episodes EVER. Luke and Laura dancing in the department store sealed the deal for me with them.

I loved so many of stories back then -- Alan/Monica/Rick/Lesley/Susan, Luke and Laura on the run from Frank Smith. I hope there are repeats this weekend.
Man, darn work! HAHA My hubby and I watching this and is just amazed how well the story holds up-- even after all these years! (The fashions--different story! LOL ) . We are just laughing at the thought the we watched this in 1980! I was a 14 years old! I can remember watching this back then and going to school the next day discussing what happened the day before on GH! What memories!

miou07
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Aug 9 2012, 07:41 PM
miou07
Aug 9 2012, 07:36 PM
talbab1994

Man, darn work! HAHA My hubby and I watching this and is just amazed how well the story holds up-- even after all these years! (The fashions--different story! LOL ) . We are just laughing at the thought the we watched this in 1980! I was a 14 years old! I can remember watching this back then and going to school the next day discussing what happened the day before on GH! What memories!
You and I are in the same age group -- I was 13 years old and soap opera crazy (I guess I still am to a lesser extent LOL). My older brothers even watched! They both were Luke fans and thought Laura and Bobbie were hot. And they loved the Frank Smith mob stuff.

My friends and I watched the ABC block at the time and GH was at the top of the list. Like you, we talked about GH. I used to run home to watch -- it came on right after I got out from school.

The storytelling -- there's no comparison between then and now. And the location shots. There's no way a Wyndhams type shoot could happen even if a show wanted to shoot one.

ITA - really great memories. I'm glad that I grew up during that era soap opera wise (I sound so old!).
Edited by miou07, Aug 9 2012, 07:52 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply