Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: August Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 31 2012, 03:53 PM (3,778 Views)
talbab1994
Member Avatar

miou07
Aug 9 2012, 07:50 PM
talbab1994
Aug 9 2012, 07:41 PM
miou07
Aug 9 2012, 07:36 PM
talbab1994
Aug 9 2012, 07:32 PM
Is anyone watching Soap Net's Golden Moments for GH? 1980! Luke and Laura on the run and dancing in the department store! A young Alan, Monica, and Rick! The stories hold up--even now! If you haven't watched it-- take some time to watch it- you won't be sorry. This is GH at its very best! I could watch this over and over again!

(Sorry--back to the regular discussion! :) )
OMG! I am missing this because I'm at work! Aargh!

That is one of my favorite soap opera episodes EVER. Luke and Laura dancing in the department store sealed the deal for me with them.

I loved so many of stories back then -- Alan/Monica/Rick/Lesley/Susan, Luke and Laura on the run from Frank Smith. I hope there are repeats this weekend.
Man, darn work! HAHA My hubby and I watching this and is just amazed how well the story holds up-- even after all these years! (The fashions--different story! LOL ) . We are just laughing at the thought the we watched this in 1980! I was a 14 years old! I can remember watching this back then and going to school the next day discussing what happened the day before on GH! What memories!
You and I are in the same age group -- I was 13 years old and soap opera crazy (I guess I still am to a lesser extent LOL). My older brothers even watched! They both were Luke fans and thought Laura and Bobbie were hot. And they loved the Frank Smith mob stuff.

My friends and I watched the ABC block at the time and GH was at the top of the list. Like you, we talked about GH. I used to run home to watch -- it came on right after I got out from school.

The storytelling -- there's no comparison between then and now. And the location shots. There's no way a Wyndhams type shoot could happen even if a show wanted to shoot one.

ITA - really great memories. I'm glad that I grew up during that era soap opera wise (I sound so old!).
I can remember when all of this was on and I was in Marching Band--the entire band watched it. We were learning a new routine and the director wanted us to stay after school for two weeks to learn this routine--the tuba and drum players (all guys) told the director they couldn't because GH was on and Luke and Laura was getting really good! LOL

Amazing that one show can bring back such crazy memories! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Sorry for the interruption on the show--what terrific memories!

miou07
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Aug 9 2012, 07:57 PM
miou07
Aug 9 2012, 07:50 PM
talbab1994
Aug 9 2012, 07:41 PM
miou07
Aug 9 2012, 07:36 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepEVER. Luke and Laura dancing in the department store sealed the deal for me with them.

I loved so many of stories back then -- Alan/Monica/Rick/Lesley/Susan, Luke and Laura on the run from Frank Smith. I hope there are repeats this weekend.
Man, darn work! HAHA My hubby and I watching this and is just amazed how well the story holds up-- even after all these years! (The fashions--different story! LOL ) . We are just laughing at the thought the we watched this in 1980! I was a 14 years old! I can remember watching this back then and going to school the next day discussing what happened the day before on GH! What memories!
You and I are in the same age group -- I was 13 years old and soap opera crazy (I guess I still am to a lesser extent LOL). My older brothers even watched! They both were Luke fans and thought Laura and Bobbie were hot. And they loved the Frank Smith mob stuff.

My friends and I watched the ABC block at the time and GH was at the top of the list. Like you, we talked about GH. I used to run home to watch -- it came on right after I got out from school.

The storytelling -- there's no comparison between then and now. And the location shots. There's no way a Wyndhams type shoot could happen even if a show wanted to shoot one.

ITA - really great memories. I'm glad that I grew up during that era soap opera wise (I sound so old!).
I can remember when all of this was on and I was in Marching Band--the entire band watched it. We were learning a new routine and the director wanted us to stay after school for two weeks to learn this routine--the tuba and drum players (all guys) told the director they couldn't because GH was on and Luke and Laura was getting really good! LOL

Amazing that one show can bring back such crazy memories! :)
What a great story! :)

I plead guilty to staying home sick from school on the day of Luke and Laura's wedding.

Yep, it is amazing. Soap operas meant a lot back then.

shavemedusa
Member Avatar

engrady pind
Aug 8 2012, 03:35 PM
I stopped watching OLTL years and years ago when my work schedule interferred and I had to select one soap to keep up with. I chose General Hospital. Consequently, I am not familiar with the OLTL characters who have immigrated to Port Charles. I am not finding them intrusive. I think the powers that be have done a marvelous job integrating John and the Mannings into the things going on with the show. That being said, I am not impressed with Starr Manning who appears to be just another spoiled rich girl who thinks she knows more about life than she actually does. She is, however, a welcome contrast to Kristina who is full of herself and has a dangerously low self-image. It is safe to be said that I just don't care for the teen set. None of them feel like real teens. I am having difficulty getting a good handle on Todd Manning. He is childish and self-involved. I am surprised he has managed to keep his company. A good con man ought to be able to fleece Todd but good. Todd is totally different from the other GH characters. He is not a bad guy yet he has done bad things and knows he will continue to do bad things. I really think he shouldn't be allowed out on his own. He is a menace to himself and anyone in his line of thought. I can see Carly's fascination with him, but I am surprised she has taken on the role of mother-in-residence to Todd. I understand Todd's twin is supposed to make a visit to Port Charles too so that interrupted story can be finished. I have enjoyed Blair's visits to Port Charles and would like to see her more often as she can really be a fly in the ointment for some of the other characters.
Todd is a bad guy 100% he can sometimes be good to people he really loves or if he needs something from them but he always ends up hurting them also. Lately they have been making him comic relief and it annoys me. RH does have great comedic timing but he use to be really dark, intelligent AND funny. Now he is more goofy than dark and it started around 2001 on OLTL that his personality changed. I'm crossing my fingers that evil Todd will make a comeback soon.

On to other GH characters I love love love Jerry( in case you haven't noticed I like the baddies) I hope all hell breaks loose in PC because of him. I am so excited to see Jerry and then to find out that Ewen isn't as goody goody as he seems is icing on the cake.

I'm starting to like just about everyone on the soap now except olivia that bitch still annoys me but even LuLu is growing on me. I am actually looking forward to the show everyday I love it

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

WTH did he give Josslyn?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The scenes at the Wyndemere were creeepy!

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Ron & Frank, if your reading this, could you please lure Sarah Brown back to the show to reprise her role as Claudia Zacchara? We need this awesome bitch back. Don't you want to continue telling the story about her really being Johnny's mom & not his sister? Think about it, guys.

Thanks.

Nate
Member Avatar
Bitch!

AllmyDaysatGh
Aug 14 2012, 04:33 AM
Ron & Frank, if your reading this, could you please lure Sarah Brown back to the show to reprise her role as Claudia Zacchara? We need this awesome bitch back. Don't you want to continue telling the story about her really being Johnny's mom & not his sister? Think about it, guys.

Thanks.
No that wouldn't work because then people would realize how close they are in age. The viewers forgot since it's been three years.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Nate
Aug 14 2012, 04:32 PM
AllmyDaysatGh
Aug 14 2012, 04:33 AM

Thanks.
No that wouldn't work because then people would realize how close they are in age. The viewers forgot since it's been three years.
That and Claudia was just a terrible stunt from start to finish.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Things are getting good on GH! I have a soap to watch again that keeps me hanging on, waiting for the next episode!

engrady pind

No more Sarah Brown, PLEASE! I cannot get behind the actress in any way at all. I disliked her intensely as Carly; found her as repellant as Franco as Claudia; couldn't like her on Days as Madison. I feel pretty much the same as about Billy Warlock as AJ and Matt whatshisname as Tom Hardy on GH and Jack Devereaux on Days. I just can't do it. I can't watch them or believe in their portrayal.

Can anyone tell me WHEN and WHY Jerry Jax went from being a charming scoundrel to this amoral monster? What the F happened to him?

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Sarah Brown is one of the most talented actresses to have appeared on GH or DAYS. She's the original and best Carly. She was very good as Claudia. The problems with Claudia was the writing not the actress. Same goes for her DAYS Madison. DAYS made a big mistake in featuring Madison too much early on and the new/returning writers should've kept her on.

Billy Warlock imho was the best AJ Quartermaine, much better and believable than Sean Kanan. Kanan was too much like Steve Burton imho. Gerald Hopkins was very under-rated as AJ.

I liked Matt Ashford as Tom, I think he made Tom his own. My fave Tom still remains though David Wallace, whom I loved with Laura Carrington's original Simone.
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Aug 16 2012, 04:16 PM.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Just watched all this weeks episodes as a marathon. Great twist with Jerry giving Joselyn and Alexisthe disease to develop an immunity to it. I started figuring it out just as Jerry was explaining it yet was I the edge of my seat.

I am really enjoying this show right now.
Edited by cubsgirl, Aug 19 2012, 10:24 PM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Friday's episode was great! I still don't like this new Kristina. She's very pretty but I just don't like the direction they have her currently. The old Kristina really needs to come back....

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

cubsgirl
Aug 19 2012, 10:24 PM
Just watched all this weeks episodes as a marathon. Great twist with Jerry giving Joselyn and Alexisthe disease to develop an immunity to it. I started figuring it out just as Jerry was explaining it yet was I the edge of my seat.
Oh, wow! I didn't even get that at all. Makes sense now. I'm loving the story so far!

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

I'm still watching the show, and I'm still loving almost every bit of it.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I heard Vanessa Marcil(Brenda) is getting a divorce,so sad,thoughts with her.

Trey is a douche.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

BalscoFan5
Aug 22 2012, 02:04 PM
Trey is a douche.
I agree, Trey is a douche. He has been from the start so I don't buy in to the whole "I feel bad for Kristina" act.

I hate Michael's new hairstyle, he looks like a douchebag and makes him more annoying when he goes on that high and mighty moral kick.

Can't wait for Johnny's secret to be exposed because he is super lame as Carly's loving boyfriend.

Anita

I liked Johnny and Carly to begin with, but itís not working for me anymore. Itís all about Johnnyís secrets coming out and nothing more.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Loved seeing Jax back with Carly and Josslyn.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply