Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Historical Clip Discussion #4: Marlena's body found, 1982
Topic Started: Aug 1 2012, 12:57 PM (1,068 Views)
Ellie

Discuss! :smile:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

miou07
Member Avatar

I freakin' loved this storyline. I was so upset when I thought Marlena had been murdered! :frustration:

Marlena and Roman were just :wub: back then.

I haven't seen this since it originally aired. Thank you for posting these scenes. :cheers:

For me, this was classic Days.

This also shows how old I am LOL!
Edited by miou07, Aug 1 2012, 01:03 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Fake Kayla!

miou07
Member Avatar

I also loved Roman and Abe's bromance back then. Days used to be so good at that.

LOL at fake Kayla. That Kayla did get on my nerves, but she had really cool feathered hair.

ETA: I forgot about Gwen. I loved her character!
Edited by miou07, Aug 1 2012, 01:18 PM.

peaches179

Ellie
Aug 1 2012, 12:57 PM

Discuss! :smile:

Wayne!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: Now that's what you call good old soapy drama!

Thanks Ellie! :)

peaches179

lysie
Aug 1 2012, 01:09 PM
Fake Kayla!

LOL!

peaches179

miou07
Aug 1 2012, 01:02 PM
I freakin' loved this storyline.

Me too!

lysie
Member Avatar

Since I have obviously never watched this unspoiled, I'm curious to know what audience members at that time thought. I know about the picket and all, but I've heard some people fell for it and others didn't. Does anyone who watched at the time remember?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I love how every detail was covered, like not having Don arrive until after the body was covered. Otherwise, Don would've immediately recognized that it was Samantha, not Marlena. Had that happened today, the writers would've just "forgotten" that Don knew Samantha and had him staring at her face, completely believing it was Marlena.

miou07
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 1 2012, 01:22 PM
Since I have obviously never watched this unspoiled, I'm curious to know what audience members at that time thought. I know about the picket and all, but I've heard some people fell for it and others didn't. Does anyone who watched at the time remember?
My sister and I were convinced Marlena was dead. I was so upset and angry because at the time she was my favorite character on the show -- but I kept on watching because I had to find out what would happen next. I didn't know beforehand about the twist about it being her twin sister. Back then, I hadn't heard of spoilers. I didn't read SOD or any of the other magazines (if there were other mags). I just watched the show. I think that's what made it so exciting because I didn't know. TBH, the experience of watching all my soaps back then -- I think I watched Days, GH, AMC and OLTL at the time (I was a teenager - I had a lot of free time LOL) -- was better because I went with the flow and let things play out.

I do remember seeing an article years later about people protesting Marlena's 'death.'
Edited by miou07, Aug 1 2012, 01:36 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Aug 1 2012, 01:33 PM
I love how every detail was covered, like not having Don arrive until after the body was covered. Otherwise, Don would've immediately recognized that it was Samantha, not Marlena. Had that happened today, the writers would've just "forgotten" that Don knew Samantha and had him staring at her face, completely believing it was Marlena.
And also, Roman knew she had a sister but don't know it was a twin.

peaches179

DrewHamilton
Aug 1 2012, 01:33 PM

LOL. You're not kidding! :shame:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

There's something to be said for longer scenes. That was really effective, even isolated from the larger storyline and the rest of the show.

They need to DVD this. Or run this in place of regular Days, maybe on Fridays when ratings dip anyway or something.

Who was Gwen?

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Real Roman! :)

miou07
Member Avatar

px780
Aug 1 2012, 01:41 PM
There's something to be said for longer scenes. That was really effective, even isolated from the larger storyline and the rest of the show.

They need to DVD this. Or run this in place of regular Days, maybe on Fridays when ratings dip anyway or something.

Who was Gwen?
Gwen Davies was a lawyer who had a tendency to have very bad luck in the romance department.
Edited by miou07, Aug 1 2012, 01:48 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I love watching this story. Like other said, the details were all there... and Don finding Marlena at the cottage was just... Back when people didn't jump from one person to another. Don cheated on Marlena, but she still remained his very best friend and the love of his life, and they really showed it.

And the reason people were pissed and picketed? Because they cared! You don't see the same amount of emotion now. Partly because of spoilers, partly because the writing isn't even close.

bohope80s
Member Avatar

Awww Real Roman....Man he was good!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply