Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 7/30; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Jul 30 2012, 07:52 AM (36,933 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

darraholic
Jul 31 2012, 10:42 AM
I'm glad Mascolo is back. I'm still pissed that the show killed Stefano off before Lexie died. I want to see at least one scene with Stefano visiting Lexie's grave.
You know that should be his FIRST scene....a shadowy figure appearing and leaving a rose at Lexie's grave...we see her tombstone and pan up slowly.....Stefano....
Offline Profile Goto Top

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

What a great pic of Lauren, Dee, and Drake.

Oh, and :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: for Stefano's return!!
Edited by AngelOB, Jul 31 2012, 12:28 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 31 2012, 12:09 PM
darraholic
I'm glad Mascolo is back. I'm still pissed that the show killed Stefano off before Lexie died. I want to see at least one scene with Stefano visiting Lexie's grave.
You know that should be his FIRST scene....a shadowy figure appearing and leaving a rose at Lexie's grave...we see her tombstone and pan up slowly.....Stefano....
Oooh, I like this idea. I'm going to go one step further and I want a single tear to fall on the rose (that the camera is zoomed in on) before it's laid at her gravesite. Then pan up to see Stefano's face which wears a mixture of grief but also anger, where you just know he's going to be seeking revenge. :rockon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

spartan
Jul 31 2012, 01:14 PM
LuvingLumi
darraholic
Oooh, I like this idea. I'm going to go one step further and I want a single tear to fall on the rose (that the camera is zoomed in on) before it's laid at her gravesite. Then pan up to see Stefano's face which wears a mixture of grief but also anger, where you just know he's going to be seeking revenge. :rockon:
Me likey!
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
darraholic
Now THATS classic soapy goodness, which means - of course - we won't get it. :-/
Online Profile Goto Top

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

The Deidre Hall Fan Page

I don't recall who suggested this, but a great idea. A tour! This is the main hallway of NBC. The photograph shows the "elephant doors" that open to one of our stages. The doors are large to accomodate sets that must load in and out on a daily basis. That work happens over night with the help of the night crew. They must have the new set moved in and set up before the prop department arrives at dawn to "dress" the new set. dressing means placing photographs, and the smaller items that you see in every set. Takes a village!
What a science, huh?

Posted Image

http://www.facebook.com/DeidreHallFanPage
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

spartan
Jul 31 2012, 01:14 PM
LuvingLumi
darraholic
Revenge on who? Wasn't he the one who allowed Tony to stuff Lexie in a tunnel for years which caused her brain cancer and why she died? Isn't Abe supposed to be getting revenge on Stefano? That was spoiled at one time, I think.

So glad that Steffie is back! Truly hope that EJ was in the know on all of this...that would add some twist to it, especially if he was playing the ShieldBeast all this time. Dare I say there is something to look forward to?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

A comment on the cliffhanger from Matthew Ashford's Facebook Page:

Wow, big cliffhanger, huh?! Could anybody see the big cheese plate in the foreground where Missy and I landed? We almost planted our faces in it. A fitting end. It was a fun day to shoot. All the stunt doubles knew each other, and everyone was excited to be there, including the regular cast! Enjoy the Olympics.

https://www.facebook.com/matthewashfordspage

Offline Profile Goto Top

julieg1977
Member Avatar

spartan
Jul 31 2012, 11:36 AM
LuvingLumi
Jul 31 2012, 07:38 AM
I don't know where to put this, so mods if it's in the wrong place you'll know what to do, lol.

http://daysofourlives.about.com/b/2012/07/31/days-of-our-lives-comings-and-goings-10.htm
Hell yes! About time someone made Joe's return official.
He's baaaaaack! ;)
Yay!!!!!!!!! I've missed him!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LastLicks
Member Avatar

Guinevere
Jul 31 2012, 02:24 PM
A comment on the cliffhanger from Matthew Ashford's Facebook Page:

Wow, big cliffhanger, huh?! Could anybody see the big cheese plate in the foreground where Missy and I landed? We almost planted our faces in it. A fitting end. It was a fun day to shoot. All the stunt doubles knew each other, and everyone was excited to be there, including the regular cast! Enjoy the Olympics.

https://www.facebook.com/matthewashfordspage

Hah, I'd rather have just watched them behind the scenes. Lucky to have spotted them in their one-second dive.
Offline Profile Goto Top

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

LuvingLumi
I don't know where to put this, so mods if it's in the wrong place you'll know what to do, lol.

http://daysofourlives.about.com/b/2012/07/31/days-of-our-lives-comings-and-goings-10.htm
So, Stefano is back. I wonder how they will explain things this time. I don't know why the writers even bother killing him. The only time I'll believe he is not coming back is when the actor himself passes on.

I am betting on CIA being involved.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

Since so many people had pulled gun on him before we was actually shot, Stefano probably had a bullet proof vest on. Or the whole thing was a set-up to trap Ian and get him away from Kate? Or he wanted to go "underground" to find the other half of his mystery coin and/or determine EJ's true parentage? They could go a lot of ways with it....
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

Or...maybe Stefano was shot with a gun dart similar to the one Andre used on everyone in the Melaswen storyline and is being held captive by Ian...
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

rfsexton
Jul 31 2012, 03:56 PM
LuvingLumi

So, Stefano is back. I wonder how they will explain things this time. I don't know why the writers even bother killing him. The only time I'll believe he is not coming back is when the actor himself passes on.

I am betting on CIA being involved.
His deaths and returns never bother me because he's The Phoenix. He's supposed to rise. But this one just didn't feel right from the beginning. Maybe MarDar killed him for real, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that. In the past they killed him when they were out of ideas with the character and he needed a break. This time it seemed like MarDar wanted him out of the way to establish Ian as the new evil character, but the way they were sparsely using Ian didn't add up. He wasn't clicking enough to matter (even though I LOVE Ian Buchanan and wish he could stay). His death really had no impact, aside from this lazy murder investigation that is all kinds of bogus.

Joe Mascolo is also getting a little too old and the show is running on borrowed time so that didn't feel like the right time to get rid of Stefano in that way. Stefano's final killer was going to be Ian? Ummm, where is the satisfaction in that for long-time viewers and for his arch rivals? I'll agree that the character could have used a major overhaul so a break was needed, but I'm not going to ever give MarDar credit for doing it right or making a smart decision. I hope Tomlin uses Stefano to the best of his abilities now that Kristen is back and now that John is threatening his empire. Could we finally get a reveal that John isn't a DiMera? Please? Or a Brady for that matter? I liked him better as an Alamain. Regardless I'm thrilled to have Joe Mascolo back on my screen. He makes everything for intersting, for me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

Or...maybe Stefano was shot with a gun dart similar to the one Andre used on everyone in the Melaswen storyline and is being held captive by Ian...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jul 31 2012, 04:22 PM
Joe Mascolo is also getting a little too old and the show is running on borrowed time so that didn't feel like the right time to get rid of Stefano in that way. Stefano's final killer was going to be Ian? Ummm, where is the satisfaction in that for long-time viewers and for his arch rivals? I'll agree that the character could have used a major overhaul so a break was needed, but I'm not going to ever give MarDar credit for doing it right or making a smart decision. I hope Tomlin uses Stefano to the best of his abilities now that Kristen is back and now that John is threatening his empire.
I'm sure it was executed terribly (I wouldn't know as I wasn't watching), but in theory, I liked the idea of Stefano finally going out for real in a murder mystery with most if not all of his longtime enemies as the suspects. And I would have made Marlena the killer.

I have no expectation that Stefano will be written properly upon his return. Most people point to the last 5 years, but if you ask me, Stefano hasn't been written well since 1997. I certainly don't expect that to change with Tomlin.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

As I've stated several times on this board, Stefano should've died for real! I think they should've made Bo the killer and Bo going to prison would've been a good way to write Bo off with Peter Reckell quitting anyhow.

DAYS might as well bring back Lexie too. Heck Stefano could've faked her death too so he could cure his Alexandra because of his guilt. Shame Y&R hasn't axed Debbi Morgan yet, she'd make an excellent re-cast for Lexie!
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Jul 31 2012, 04:55 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
Jul 31 2012, 04:53 PM

DAYS might as well bring back Lexie too. Heck Stefano could've faked her death too so he could cure his Alexandra because of his guilt. Shame Y&R hasn't axed Debbi Morgan yet, she'd make an excellent re-cast for Lexie!
Noooo, no Lexie recast! Renee Jones is Lexie to me. Besides, they never utilized the character correctly, so why bother?
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great to hear Mascolo is back taping. Sounds like Stefano will be back in time for November sweeps. Great idea! "It's good to be back!" is a must when Stefano first airs. It doesn't surprise me that Mascolo had to ask for the line to placed into the script the last time he returned. That was back in August 2008, and Higley and her team of minions was there by then. No respect for history, no surprise there.

I am glad it's Coughlin is coming back as Tad. Always liked the actor. Wonder what brings Tad back?
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 31 2012, 04:48 PM
DiMeraFan67
Jul 31 2012, 04:22 PM
Joe Mascolo is also getting a little too old and the show is running on borrowed time so that didn't feel like the right time to get rid of Stefano in that way. Stefano's final killer was going to be Ian? Ummm, where is the satisfaction in that for long-time viewers and for his arch rivals? I'll agree that the character could have used a major overhaul so a break was needed, but I'm not going to ever give MarDar credit for doing it right or making a smart decision. I hope Tomlin uses Stefano to the best of his abilities now that Kristen is back and now that John is threatening his empire.
I'm sure it was executed terribly (I wouldn't know as I wasn't watching), but in theory, I liked the idea of Stefano finally going out for real in a murder mystery with most if not all of his longtime enemies as the suspects. And I would have made Marlena the killer.

I have no expectation that Stefano will be written properly upon his return. Most people point to the last 5 years, but if you ask me, Stefano hasn't been written well since 1997. I certainly don't expect that to change with Tomlin.
My dream ending for Stefano is that he's "murdered" and as his last scene on the show they show him laughing somewhere smoking a cigar sitting in a big chair. But Salem could really think he's dead and be living happily with whatever else they want to do in the last week of the show.

Buuuuuuut if they are ever to really 100% have Stefano murdered it damn sure better be by Marlena, John, Hope, Bo, or Roman (Wayne Northrop). They are the only options, IMO. No EJ, no Ian, no Will, no anybody else. And I would want a great murder mystery, not that poorly written trash. It was not just spitting on the character of Stefano's legacy, but basically on the whole show since the early-80s on. I would want outside cops played by soap legends, along with the ISA investigating it. Not dumbass Roman and dumbass Rafe. Agent Spencer I like, but c'mon. I thought this murder mystery had tons of potential, but it was really terrible. I think the theory of having everyone have one final showdown with Stefano was genius but it fell flat and was ridiculous that they all pulled guns on him. I think the fights were enough clue that they MIGHT have killed Stefano. We didn't need to see all of Salem walk into a room and pick up a gun that could possibly be a murder weapon. Sad.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic