Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings Report Week of July 23-27 2012; Days got good numbers
Topic Started: Aug 3 2012, 07:08 PM (3,646 Views)
lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,329,000 (-60,000/-449,000)
2. B&B 3,049,000 (-91,000/+61,000)
3. DAYS 2,481,000 (+103,000/+31,000)
4. GH 2,432,000 (-13,000/-77,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/10 (same/-.2)
2. B&B 2.2/7 (-.1/same)
3. DAYS 1.8/5 (+.1/+.1)
3. GH 1.8/5 (same/same)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 874,000 (+22,000/-87,000)
2. B&B 646,000 (+16,000/+58,000)
3. GH 551,000 (+4,000/-146,000)
4. DAYS 540,000 (+87,000/-133,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.4/9 (+.1/-.1)
2. B&B 1.0/6 (same/+.1)
3. GH 0.9/5 (same/-.2)
4. DAYS 0.8/5 (+.1/-.2)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7 (same/same)
2. DAYS 0.5 (+.1/-.1)
3. B&B 0.4 (same/same)
3. GH 0.4 (-.1/-.2)

Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 907,000 (+41,000/-125,000)
2. B&B 629,000 (-34,000/+36,000)
3. DAYS 529,000 (+11,000/-7,000)
4. GH 505,000 (+9,000/+59,000)

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,424,000
Tuesday: 1.8/2,400,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,555,00
Thursday: 1.9/2,691,000
Friday: 1.7/2,334,000

Link
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LovingDays

Why dool has always the lowest rating on friday

happy
Member Avatar

GH went down?! Isn't this the week of Todd/Blair, Olivia getting injected with LSD, and Patrick coming clean with Lulu?! I freaking loved this week of GH! Found the next week unwatchable, but this week with all the story culminations rocked. And the acting was sooooo good all around. And none of Sonny, Kate, and Kristina (yippee).

So am I just crazy? Why did GH drop this week? Makes me sad.
Edited by happy, Aug 3 2012, 09:22 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Somebody needs to send the ratings to Maria...

happy
Member Avatar

Maybe the problem with GH is that the show is uneven. I didn't tune in except for one day that week - after hearing all the hype online. Got totally excited by the episode (T/B breakup and LSD injection). Caught up on YouTube and put GH on my DVR. But the episode descriptions for the following week were dull and I couldn't make myself watch. Caught Friday to just watch the McBain scenes, but the show was pretty dull, IMO. Carlivatti is so hit and miss. But still way better than MarDar from DOOL!
Edited by happy, Aug 3 2012, 09:38 PM.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Way to go, DAYS!

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7 (same/same)
2. DAYS 0.5 (+.1/-.1)
3. B&B 0.4 (same/same)
3. GH 0.4 (-.1/-.2)

Yay for days!I thought it was a good week! I tune in everyday! Keep up the good work. :cheer:
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Aug 3 2012, 11:55 PM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

happy
Aug 3 2012, 09:37 PM
Maybe the problem with GH is that the show is uneven. I didn't tune in except for one day that week - after hearing all the hype online. Got totally excited by the episode (T/B breakup and LSD injection). Caught up on YouTube and put GH on my DVR. But the episode descriptions for the following week were dull and I couldn't make myself watch. Caught Friday to just watch the McBain scenes, but the show was pretty dull, IMO. Carlivatti is so hit and miss. But still way better than MarDar from DOOL!
Most of that week wasn't MarDar.

WGuyMd35

I know Friday is usually Days lowest rated day, but thats quite a drop off from Thursday to Friday - especially considering Friday was the big cliffhanger. Perhaps they should consider bringing back the previews at the end of the show. If you weren't spoiled, there was no way of knowing what was coming. I'm sure the overall ratings would have been even better had they kept more of Thursday's audience.
Edited by WGuyMd35, Aug 4 2012, 07:55 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Instead of bringing back previews maybe they should consider building up to an event.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 4 2012, 09:08 AM
WInstead of bringing back previews maybe they should consider building up to an event.
Exactly. Only having one day for this cliffhanger, IMO, was poor planning. It would have been better had they had the explosions occur over a couple of days instead of trying to jam it all into one episode. There just wasn't enough suspense throughout the week to hold the fans' interest. The special effects were good; too bad the story didn't match.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

WOW Y&R really has fallen. Thanks Maria Bell...

ShaneDOOLFan

pretty sure most of the week after olympics will be based on the explosions based on spoilers. Im thinking had Tomlin really wrote most of the week it would have been different. Guess we will see.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Strangely quiet thread for such good ratings for Days!! They're not perfect, but they're better than they've been in a while!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I wonder how much better Friday's ratings would have been for DAYS if that episode wasn't screened on a Friday?

Kali
Member Avatar

outrageous
Aug 4 2012, 03:33 PM
Strangely quiet thread for such good ratings for Days!! They're not perfect, but they're better than they've been in a while!
:cheer: It looks the show is +251,000 viewers in the last two weeks! I know the show has become must-see TV for me, and it's good to see viewership is up. :cheer:

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Aug 4 2012, 06:17 PM
I wonder how much better Friday's ratings would have been for DAYS if that episode wasn't screened on a Friday?
Just based on recent history I say it would have been about a 1.9. That's just a total guess, but I'm thinking the cliffhanger didn't really bring any new viewers in. Maybe .1 higher than normal. .2 at the absolute most.

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

Nice to see Days getting their viewership back up slowly but surely :popcorn: :popcorn:

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

:sheep: I expected higher rating for Y&R :sarcasm: Who the fuck am I kidding? This is MAB writing this shit!

GH rating are down :shame: I enjoyed One Life, but the ratings & Carlivati's writing is bringing this show down & it's indicative of that lately. I *wished* :pray: he would write a GH show but he's shoving characters from a dead soap down our throats. If he wanted to introduce them, it should've been done more slowly & gradually, not full steam ahead bc these One Life actors are taking screentime away from the vets & actual GH actors. Don't get me wrong, I love GH, but IMO, Ron needs to change his writing philosophy by focusing on his current cast of GH & write stories for them & NOT on his pet projects from One Life & that means less screen time. Will he change, I fucking doubt it. If this show gets cancelled, we'll know who to blame for it.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

DaveB_01
Aug 4 2012, 10:08 PM
Nice to see Days getting their viewership back up slowly but surely :popcorn: :popcorn:
I hope the writers keep going forward and not backward.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply