Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings Report Week of July 23-27 2012; Days got good numbers
Topic Started: Aug 3 2012, 07:08 PM (3,584 Views)
lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Boy! A 1.7 is the best that DAYS cliffhanger could do; the worst rating for the week, again this tells me the viewers are tired of the Ej and Sami show! I know I am they keep beating this dead horse and the results are always the same!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Days should just cut Friday episodes and have NBC air new episodes Mon - Thu... It will save them money and I am sure it will be better for their ratings.

Kali
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Aug 5 2012, 08:56 AM
Boy! A 1.7 is the best that DAYS cliffhanger could do; the worst rating for the week, again this tells me the viewers are tired of the Ej and Sami show! I know I am they keep beating this dead horse and the results are always the same!
Friday was pretty much an ensemble show--very little EJ and Sami when compared to the rest. Nonetheless, that 1.7 is an improvement for Fridays. Plus +251,000 viewers in the last two weeks is not too shabby.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Days didn't promote the event/explosions inside or outside the show very well. My guess is that 90% of the viewers didn't know anything special was going to happen at the end of the show. Hopefully ratings will be decent when it comes back

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

DAYSisHOT
Aug 5 2012, 10:23 AM
Days didn't promote the event/explosions inside or outside the show very well. My guess is that 90% of the viewers didn't know anything special was going to happen at the end of the show. Hopefully ratings will be decent when it comes back
Agreed. They didn't really try. If I just watched the show daily and didn't check things online I wouldn't have had a clue about the cliffhanger until the Monday before it happened. Even still I don't think they ever said much about it being off for two weeks because of the Olympics. NBC sucks.

brazen
Member Avatar

Good for DAYS.

B&B needs to end that triangle that won't ever end.
Edited by brazen, Aug 5 2012, 05:30 PM.

Shadow
Member Avatar

I've never thought couples affect the ratings much, but Rafe did leave town last week, and I know that made me happier to watch.

Chelsea
Member Avatar

Whoever is promoting Days needs to step up and do a better job, if I didn't go on the soap boards online I wouldn't have known about the cliffhanger.

lysie
Member Avatar

Chelsea
Aug 6 2012, 03:51 PM
Whoever is promoting Days needs to step up and do a better job, if I didn't go on the soap boards online I wouldn't have known about the cliffhanger.
I think it was intentional. They're capable of promoting when they want to.

Ellie

lysie
Aug 6 2012, 04:13 PM
Chelsea
The last thing that was semi-successfully promoted was the fall reboot. I think it's a question of 'synergy'. If Corday productions, NBC and Sony all want to promote something, it will be promoted. But here, it seems to me that NBC only has an interest in promoting it in a halfhearted way, like, they feel bad they took away Days' timeslot for 2 weeks, but at the same time, they really don't care that much. So they're making these surface gestures like giving them the web videos and chats, but they're not giving them any airtime at all.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 6 2012, 07:56 PM
lysie
Chelsea
The last thing that was semi-successfully promoted was the fall reboot. I think it's a question of 'synergy'. If Corday productions, NBC and Sony all want to promote something, it will be promoted. But here, it seems to me that NBC only has an interest in promoting it in a halfhearted way, like, they feel bad they took away Days' timeslot for 2 weeks, but at the same time, they really don't care that much. So they're making these surface gestures like giving them the web videos and chats, but they're not giving them any airtime at all.
Which is worrisome.

Ellie

lysie
Aug 6 2012, 08:13 PM
Ellie
lysie
Chelsea
Which is worrisome.
Yep, definitely. Though in 2004, Soapnet was the one who had that whole 'Return to Salem' special, not NBC. Does anyone remember what, if anything, NBC did?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 6 2012, 08:21 PM
lysie
Ellie
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Which is worrisome.
Yep, definitely. Though in 2004, Soapnet was the one who had that whole 'Return to Salem' special, not NBC. Does anyone remember what, if anything, NBC did?
I'm pretty sure NBC didn't do anything. They just gave that long preview for what would happen after the 2 week pre-emption at the end of that Friday's episode. Nothing else.

lysie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Aug 6 2012, 10:31 PM
Ellie
lysie
Ellie

Which is worrisome.
I'm pretty sure NBC didn't do anything. They just gave that long preview for what would happen after the 2 week pre-emption at the end of that Friday's episode. Nothing else.
I think promos aired during the Olympics that year, though. I'm not positive, but I feel like I remember seeing them. I know they did in 2008, but the show was still airing then, too.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 6 2012, 10:35 PM
DrewHamilton
Ellie
lysie

I think promos aired during the Olympics that year, though. I'm not positive, but I feel like I remember seeing them. I know they did in 2008, but the show was still airing then, too.
They could have aired some. Honestly, I wasn't watching anything NBC related those two weeks. I switched over to Soapnet for my DAYS-fix. But I don't remember much of anything being discussed. I was on message boards by then.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Aug 6 2012, 10:39 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Aug 6 2012, 10:38 PM
lysie
Aug 6 2012, 10:35 PM
DrewHamilton
Ellie

They could have aired some. Honestly, I wasn't watching anything NBC related those two weeks. I switched over to Soapnet for my DAYS-fix. But I don't remember much of anything being discussed. I was on message boards by then.
What I actually remember is recording a certain event because a promo was supposed to air. I'm just not positive that's the right year.

reagon

NBC doesn't give promotion time away for shows. It's part of the cost to a show for marketing it. They might give newer shows a discounted promotion rate but promotions are no diff than commercials. They charge for them. My guess is Olympic commercial time is at a premium and Days just can't afford it. But I wouldn't be shocked if they ran the promo a couple of times at the end of this week during daytime coverage of the Olympics.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

NBC's primetime lineup is in dire need of all of the promotion it can get. Really that's where all the money is. I think they are accepting that DAYS is what it is at this point. I wish they would at least try because I think that promo is really good and could potentially reel back a few lapsed viewers. NBC as a whole is in deep trouble. They aren't going to give up Olympic ad time especially with these record ratings. I don't know how long NBC has the Olympics on contract, but they need to take advantage of it because of the poor shape the network is in.

I wish they would give DAYS a fighting chance, but they are worried about bigger things. DAYS is basically on its own. I question shooting such a cool promo and just putting it online though. It doesn't make much sense, I guess its for our benefit, but most of us are already going to be watching anyway.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

The ratings are a baffling bunch.

reagon

NBC promoted Parenthood up the wazoo during the last Olympics and it didn't resonate to good ratings. Same with many of their current shows.

Dallas had to have been the most promoted cable show ever and it's ratings are low.

What NBC needs is something that just pops and resonates with viewers. It's a shame they rejected The Walking Dead because that's a huge runaway hit now and would have been even bigger on a major network. Of course it likely would not have been as graphic as it is.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply