Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Comedy Central's Roast of Roseanne Barr
Topic Started: Aug 5 2012, 02:39 AM (545 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I can't wait! The show will air August 12 on Comedy Central

Jane Lynch will serve as roast master.

Roasters
Ellen Barkin
Sarah Chalke
Seth Green
Katey Sagal
Wayne Brady
Gilbert Gottfried
Carrie Fisher
Anthony Jeselnik
Jeffrey Ross
Amy Schumer
Michael Fishman
Alicia Goranson
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Except for Wayne Brady, I approve that list. BOTH BECKY'S!!! LoL

I do fear the lack of actual comedians though. Jeselnik, Schumer and Gottfried will be absolute perfection though.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

Bright Eyes
Aug 5 2012, 02:45 AM
Except for Wayne Brady.
Don't make me cut you!

Tom Arnold makes a surprise appearance....they haven't seen each other in 17 years, even hugged afterwards. Can't wait!

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Sweetbabygirl
Aug 5 2012, 11:21 PM
Tom Arnold makes a surprise appearance....they haven't seen each other in 17 years, even hugged afterwards. Can't wait!
Holy balls! That will be absolute must see TV! Fuckin' ARNIE! LoL

On further thought though, are Roseanne and Sandra Bernhardt (was that her last name?) close at all? It just seems weird that a comedian with actual connections to her wouldn't be part of the dais.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Aug 5 2012, 11:37 PM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Evidently Comedy Central picks the roasters and the roastee has no say in who they are. Roseanne and Sandra have been best friends for over 20 years so she should have definitely been part of it.

Did you see the episode of Roseanne's Nuts with Phyllis Diller and Sandra?

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I never ended up getting around to watching her show.

Now as for the roast, I totally loved it. Nothing will EVER beat the Joan Rivers roast, though.

Gilbert Gottfried OWNED as usual. I thought my insides were going to pop out during his set. He's a fucking genius.

Jane Lynch did a way better job than I expected of her. Same with Carrie Fisher.

Obviously Tom Arnold appearing stole the show. It's so crazy to see how after everything he's still so grateful to her.

Roseanne interrupting Jeff Ross twice made me laugh like hell. Only this bitch could do that.

Schumer and Jeselnik did their jobs well as always. And watching the the Sheen roast for the first time, I never realized Amy's controversial (and hilarious) joke didn't even make it to air.

Oh yeah, and Katey Sagal is just fucking hot as hell. What a damn hot MILF. Barkin looked hot for her age, too. And I loved how much of a great sport she was. It made me love her even more.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply