Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 8/6; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Aug 6 2012, 07:39 AM (27,597 Views)
Ellie

Please post all interesting/spoilerish tweets in this thread. If a news article or new video is also tweeted (for example by SOD or NBC), it should probably go in its own thread, following our normal rules. This thread is for tweets, usually from someone on the list below, which give us information in some way about anything related to the show or upcoming storylines.

Please link each tweet and then set it off in italics, quotes or a quote box. To link a tweet, click "open" and then click "details". That will give you the link to the tweet on its own page. If this is difficult (ie posting from a phone), please at least set off the tweet in quotation marks.

If anyone has names to add to this thread, please PM them to me rather than putting them in the thread. There are unfortunately a lot of fake accounts out there, and we want to verify each account is legit before putting it in this list.

I have entered the below list as a "Twitter List" under the DaytimeRoyalty twitter account. To access it, go to

http://twitter.com/DaytimeRoyalty/days-of-our-lives

Then click "Follow this list". It will then appear in your lists.

Thanks! :smile:

Posted Image

List of Twitter and FB pages

Official Days Accounts
@Daysofourlives
@NbcDays

Current Days Cast
Kristian Alfonso - @kjalfonso
Matt Ashford - @matthew_ashford
Camila Banus - @camilabanus
Blake Berris - @blakeberris
Sarah Brown - @sarahjoybrown,Sarah Brown Facebook
Ian Buchanan @KilttripUSA
Molly Burnett - @mollydollyy
Shawn Christian - @ShawnC4Real
Christie Clark - @Christie__Clark, Christie Clark Facebook
Bryan Dattilo @bryan_dattilo
Eileen Davidson @eileen_davidson
Casey Deidrick - @ScuseCaseyD
Judi Evans - @TheJudiEvans
Galen Gering - @Galengering, Jenna Gering (wife) @jennagering
Deidre Hall - @DeidreHall, The Deidre Hall Fan Page (Facebook)
Bill & Susan Hayes - @DaysHayes
Drake Hogestyn - @DrakeHogestyn, Drake Hogestyn Facebook
Lauren Koslow - @LaurenKoslow, Lauren Koslow Facebook
Wally Kurth - @Wallykurth
Kate Mansi - @katemansi
Eric Martsolf - @EricMartsolf
Chandler Massey - @ChandlerMassey
Patrick Muldoon - @MuldoonPatrick
Terrell Ransom Jr. - @TerrellRansomJr
Peter Reckell - @PeterReckell
Melissa Reeves - @Melissa_Reeves
James Reynolds - @JreynoldsJames
Lisa Rinna - @lisarinna
Suzanne Rogers - @SuzanneC_Rogers, Suzanne Rogers Facebook
James Scott - @IamJamesScott
Charles Shaughnessy - @c_shaughnessy
Freddie Smith - @freddiemsmith
Alison Sweeney - @Ali_Sweeney, Alison Sweeney Facebook
Greg Vaughan - @greg_vaughan
Schuyler Yancey - @schuyleryancey
Ari Zucker - @Ari_Zucker, Ari Zucker Facebook

Writers/Hairstylists/Other Staff
Lisa De Cazotte (Co-Executive producer) - @DeCazotte1
Judie Henninger (Promos) - @heyjude14
Matthew Holman (Hairstylist) - @Matthewhairpro
Jayne Marie Kehoe (Wardrobe) - @costumesbyjmk
Patrick Kilian (Hairstylist) - @patrickkilian
Maggie Klaus (Former 'Days Insider') - @TheRealMagstar
Marlene McPherson (Former Head Writer) - @MarleneMcP

Former Days cast active on twitter or Facebook and not currently on another soap:
Nadia Bjorlin - @realnadiab
Kyle Brandt - @KyleBrandt34
Tamara Braun - @tamarabraun
Darin Brooks - @theedarinbrooks
Crystal Chappell - @crystalchappell
Patrika Darbo - @PatrikaDarbo
Bren Foster - @BrenFosterReal
Staci Greason - @StaciGreason
Mark Hapka - @MarkHapka
Shelley Hennig - @Shelleyhennig
Brody Hutzler - @brodyhutzler
Gloria Loring - @theglorialoring
Kyle Lowder - @kylelowder22
Martha Madison - @Marth27, Martha Madison Facebook
Rachel Melvin - @Rachel_Melvin
Patsy Pease - @PatriciaPease
Austin Peck - @AustinRed5
Thaao Penghlis - @ThaaoPenghlis
Julie Pinson - @JuliePinsonCom
Michael Sabatino - @michaelsabatino
Francisco San Martin - @Pepoduder
Kevin Spirtas - Kevin Spirtas Fan Page (Facebook)
Billy Warlock - @billywarlock
Valerie Wildman - @ValerieWildman
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

There had been some tweets which seemed to indicate that Days is dark this week, but according to Kristian's tweets yesterday, they are not. Either the previous tweets referred to that particular person who has the week off, or they referred to the 'air show', which doesn't resume until a week from today.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

Schuyler Yancey ‏@SchuylerYancey
Early day on set!!
https://twitter.com/SchuylerYancey/status/232476932569169920
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

Yeah, so they are back on set....

It makes sense as they took 2 weeks off in July
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

LuvingLumi
Aug 6 2012, 09:10 AM

It does, but I think it sounded nice for them to play catch-up a little more in terms of taping. Doesn't sound like that will be happening, sadly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 6 2012, 09:25 AM
LuvingLumi

It does, but I think it sounded nice for them to play catch-up a little more in terms of taping. Doesn't sound like that will be happening, sadly.
Tomlin's probably already written enough to get them through Sept 2013. Insuring that if he's fired again, his influence will remain in the writing until the end.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Lucky
Aug 6 2012, 09:07 AM
Schuyler Yancey ‏@SchuylerYancey
Early day on set!!
https://twitter.com/SchuylerYancey/status/232476932569169920
More Cameron! Finally, the show is getting back to what WORKS! Thank the heavens! :mellow:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

Ellie
LuvingLumi

No kidding. If it was up to me, I would have given them the entire month of August off.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Ellie
LuvingLumi

What I don't get is that there's seems to be a situation now with a lot of interested parties behind-the-scenes. Sony seems more involved, NBC is there, the writers/producers, I'm sure Corday is lurking somewhere.

So...why would you want to create a situation where you're stuck for months with something, unless you throw out footage, instead of trying to close the gap a little so the show is potentially more flexible/responsive when someone wants to make a storyline adjustment?
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

px780
Aug 6 2012, 09:59 AM
Ellie
LuvingLumi

What I don't get is that there's seems to be a situation now with a lot of interested parties behind-the-scenes. Sony seems more involved, NBC is there, the writers/producers, I'm sure Corday is lurking somewhere.

So...why would you want to create a situation where you're stuck for months with something, unless you throw out footage, instead of trying to close the gap a little so the show is potentially more flexible/responsive when someone wants to make a storyline adjustment?
You'd think that ONE of these cooks in the kitchen would realize that and do something right? But NOPE..they apparently are doing their own thing putting their trust in 2 of the 3 people that lead Days to a very bad state to begin with and were fired about a year ago
Offline Profile Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 6 2012, 10:22 AM
px780
Ellie
LuvingLumi

You'd think that ONE of these cooks in the kitchen would realize that and do something right? But NOPE..they apparently are doing their own thing putting their trust in 2 of the 3 people that lead Days to a very bad state to begin with and were fired about a year ago
Bold & Beautiful is in the midst of a month hiatus from filming. Why can't Days do the same? Taping 3 months in advance is insane. I understand it is a cost savings but Days needs to cut down on their lead time. I'm not positive but I think BB's lead time is about 5-6 weeks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

dc cubs
Aug 6 2012, 10:56 AM
LuvingLumi
Aug 6 2012, 10:22 AM
px780
Ellie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Bold & Beautiful is in the midst of a month hiatus from filming. Why can't Days do the same? Taping 3 months in advance is insane. I understand it is a cost savings but Days needs to cut down on their lead time. I'm not positive but I think BB's lead time is about 5-6 weeks.
B&B is only a 30 min show, so it takes 1/2 the time to edit & produce 1 episode. However, i agree that 3 months is way way way too far ahead to be shooting! (plus, with the Olympics break, i think Days is starting to push 3.5 months) At most, they should be 2 months, maybe 2.5 before they go on one of their breaks, ahead. I think that part of the reason why Days' ratings drop so much at certain points in the year is because there's a story that's on that the viewers don't particularly enjoy, but TPTB can't change the story as a result of feedback until at least 3 months have aired. Maybe if Days didn't film so far ahead they wouldn't need to keep changing writers because the ratings are bad. The only time their ridiculous filming schedule is good is when a great character - Carrie, Austin, Bo, etc - are let go or decide to leave since we know that even after they finish filming, we still get to see the characters for a while. I wonder if it would do any good to do a "stop filming so far in advance" campaign?!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

px780
Ellie
LuvingLumi

I think it all comes down to money. The way they're doing it now is the absolute cheapest, and IMO no one wants to step in and find another way to retool the budget. So they're sticking with this and probably telling NBC to look at how much money they're saving.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 6 2012, 11:34 AM
px780
Ellie
LuvingLumi

I think it all comes down to money. The way they're doing it now is the absolute cheapest, and IMO no one wants to step in and find another way to retool the budget. So they're sticking with this and probably telling NBC to look at how much money they're saving.
Going more in depth about the money, this schedule has them saving A LOT. According to SourceRyan, Days spends about a million a week. So, every time they have a dark week, they save a million bucks. They have a lot of dark weeks with this schedule so they are saving tons of money.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Aug 6 2012, 12:00 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

JamaicanBeauty7
Aug 6 2012, 11:59 AM
Ellie
Aug 6 2012, 11:34 AM
px780
Ellie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Going more in depth about the money, this schedule has them saving A LOT. According to SourceRyan, Days spends about a million a week. So, every time they have a dark week, they save a million bucks. They have a lot of dark weeks with this schedule so they are saving tons of money.
Yeah, the formula isn't new and it's something that they have done since Tomlin became EP in 2008, problem is the then 2 month lead time was a lot but even then it was managable. By the time the reset came and Maxam/Meng took over as Co-EPs...they started pushing a 3 month lead time.....that to me is not good, regardless of how much they save simply because we know how viewers can react to certain storylines like the Rafe2 debacle. By the time you gather fan reaction to the story airing and your able to change course the viewers have already been turned off and have left. Unless they are willing to leave some money in the kitty to push out rewrites and reshoots (and that appears unlikely) then doing the 3 month ahead appears to be the biggest issue Days has to deal with immediately. Anything beyond 2 months, with a bad story, bad fan feedback that causes a huge dip in ratings can amount to the cancellation of this show....then what good was saving 1 million dollar on dark weeks....
Offline Profile Goto Top

DaysForever
Member Avatar

How does a "Stop filming so far in advance" Twitter campaign sound?!

#SayNoTo3Months
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DaysForever
Aug 6 2012, 01:18 PM
How does a "Stop filming so far in advance" Twitter campaign sound?!

#SayNoTo3Months
I'd like for them to splurge for necessary second takes, too. It'd save us a lot of fighting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I think someone else mentioned the fact that because they are so far in advanced filming that if a storyline isn't working, it takes that much time to turn it around. In the mean time, people stop watching it, ratings fall and then we're in even more trouble than before. Is it worth saving money when all of this happens? Some necessary second tapes would be really good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

I can't believe out of the characters that MarDar created, Cameron is the one that TomSell decided to keep. Ian (as cartoony as he was) was desperately needed as a villain, and although Madison's "romance" with Brady sucked, she was very interesting and still had much potential in my opinion. I would probably like Cameron better if Celeste was played by Tanya Boyd, but since that's not the case either, I think it's time to get rid of Cam.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

am103
Aug 6 2012, 01:36 PM
I can't believe out of the characters that MarDar created, Cameron is the one that TomSell decided to keep. Ian (as cartoony as he was) was desperately needed as a villain, and although Madison's "romance" with Brady sucked, she was very interesting and still had much potential in my opinion. I would probably like Cameron better if Celeste was played by Tanya Boyd, but since that's not the case either, I think it's time to get rid of Cam.
Madison could have worked if they had retooled her character after moving her away from Brady. The setup was wonderful for a Madison/Lucas pairing especially if Madison and Sami were still enemies and Kate and Madison were enemies working for the same company. So much wasted potential in her. Even the Ian factor could have worked with Madison and Lucas...if Ian continued to have this hold over Madison and this thing over her...what would have happened if Lucas and Madison would have started dating and Ian zeroed in on Lucas like he did on Brady....enter Kate.....so much wasted..that story wrote itself.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic