Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EW: Salem's gonna blow! (New Promo!)
Topic Started: Aug 6 2012, 04:15 PM (26,681 Views)
Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Great promo and also a perfect showcase of why Eric Martsolf and Camila Banus need to get the hell out. They just suck so bad.

Lauren Koslow wins MVP of it all, like she always does. Best actor on the show by a mile.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Supergirlx2
Aug 6 2012, 04:44 PM
I will note that the lack of post-explosion John/Marlena/Bo/Hope is sad & disgusting.
Noticed that too. If they're on a lot this fall (which it sounds like they are based on schedules/Eileen/etc), I think we might expect a slow rest of the summer for those characters. Sigh. The only reason Drake made it into that promo is because of Bradison.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

That was a pretty impressive promo, especially for a soap. If only NBC would air it as frequently as it does the promos for that Matthew Perry show, the animal hospital show, the gay dads show and the power blackout show.

DaysForever
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Aug 6 2012, 04:54 PM
Great promo and also a perfect showcase of why Eric Martsolf and Camila Banus need to get the hell out. They just suck so bad.

Lauren Koslow wins MVP of it all, like she always does. Best actor on the show by a mile.
Really? She had a 3-second scene in which she blurts "You bastahd!"

MissLola
Member Avatar

The Ian/Ej scene alone made me want to watch. I hope this is good :rockon:

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
I will note that the lack of post-explosion John/Marlena/Bo/Hope is sad & disgusting.
Isn't this the truth? Just... give me some J&M! Core four, please!

That said... this does actually look good.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Wow what a great promo! Drama on the high level, I'm interested!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I literally teared up when I heard Jack say "I love you" & the elevator door close. :'(

I also felt my former fan girl rise up after seeing Ejami kiss.. :wub:

Damn her, she just won't die.

The Ian/EJ stuff really has my curiosity peaked.

Oh, & JS looked especially yummy.

Overall good promo, IMO.

ShaneDOOLFan

I didnt like the absence of John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, but if the writing is good overall then I can take a break from them until Kristen returns. I try not to be a fan of certain characters and more of a show fan. A good show has writing that keeps people interested in all characters in my opinion. I agree with others that Eric M. was failing with those emotional scenes as was Camilla. The one thing I hate about the actors who were let go is that they can all act miles better than some that are still there (Clark, Muldoon, Ashford, Brown, Buchanan vs. Sweeney, Martsof, Gering, etc. ) It blows my mind really. I wish the writers would write for people that can act.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Excellent promo all around......I even enjoyed the people who normally annoy me!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

DaysForever
Aug 6 2012, 04:53 PM
six
Aug 6 2012, 04:49 PM
Ellie
Aug 6 2012, 04:48 PM
DaysForever
Aug 6 2012, 04:45 PM
Hopefully this plays throughout the remainder of the Olympics on actual TELEVISION.
Just said the same - what a waste it would be if it didn't.
Per Judy H., no Days promos will air (on TV) during the Olympics.
WHYYYY! Perfect opportunity. Wow.
Here's what she said earlier (twitter names of those she was talking to snipped):

Quote:

there will be no Days promos in the Olympics
https://twitter.com/heyjude14/status/229027356008906752

they r promoting prime time for the fall -have limited amount of promo time.
https://twitter.com/heyjude14/status/229057863983702017

I agree that it's a shame. It's too bad NBC won't give the show more support.

Star784
Member Avatar

WOW OMG .. This promo looks so good..Im loving DAYS now.

WilSon :$

The Ian stuff looks really good..

And Gabi's storyline too

DaysForever
Member Avatar

Let me just add that I'm enjoying all of this positive feedback (for once).

And the entire article was positive, as well. SWEET.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the promo makes me want to actually watch the show, you know, until I actually watch it and am dreadfully disappointed.

elizhope
Member Avatar

awww.. I teared up just a smidge when Jack called out "I love you" to Jennifer/Abby and the cord breaks. Damn, I hate that he's leaving

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

is it wrong to hope Chad punches Gaby in the face? yeah I know its wrong but she so deserves it because she is responsible for all of the "Daysaster"
Edited by greeneyedgirl, Aug 6 2012, 05:06 PM.

AHM

I'm completely bitter, but I'll admit the promo is good. But I have the same complaint I often have with this show. An event isn't a story. An exciting event makes for a good episode or two. It's all about build and aftermath and creating characters and relationships we pull for and care about. And Days has sucked at that for a long time. Certainly when Tomlin was around the last time, Days was a complete fail with what matters. The Ejami fan girl in me is dead and will not be rising again. I didn't care one smidge if EJ dropped Sami or kissed her or what. That is mainly due to Tomlin and company's failure to play the aftermath of Sami shooting EJ and the rapid "love" to falling out of "love" to falling back in "love" with someone else. That is why, with Sami, EJ, Rafe being front and center, I don't think Days will get better. They are already hackneyed characters. And I have little hope they will pick a direction and bring something solid to these characters. They will almost certainly keep trying to play the Safe, the Ejami, and the Lumi. That results in four weak characters. But that statement should really be in the past tense. They're already weakened. (Lucas, less so than the others.)
Edited by AHM, Aug 6 2012, 05:12 PM.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Aug 6 2012, 04:46 PM
Supergirlx2
That promo pretty much spoiled most of what will happen next week - EJ saves Sami & EJami kiss (no surprise), Abby is rescued while Jack dies in the process (thus Matt's exit), Madison is dead (thus Sarah's exit), Melanie is rescued, the beginning of WilSon, Nicole goes into preterm labor but Dan is able to reverse it & keep her baby alive. None of this i really care about. I will note that the lack of post-explosion John/Marlena/Bo/Hope is sad & disgusting.
The only 1/2 interesting thing is whatever is up with Ian & EJ... though i'm sure that will be revealed in a single moment/episode since Ian must disappear too.
It was weeks before Ian Buchanan's exit was announced and LK was tweeting about working with him for a while after CC/PM/MA/SJB, so I'm hoping he gets to go on a little reign of terror. Hopefully longer than a week. To me that was by far the most intriguing part of the promo.
I agree! Ian was the best part. I'm just a little turned off by the sympathetic EJ that it looks like we'll be getting. :shame: Hopefully there's more to it, but I'm over soft, reformed EJ. :puke:

I was SO happy to hear Nicole's baby survived, but the moment was ruined by Dr. Pork-A-Patient. :puke:

WilSon was beyond adorable. :wub:

Jack! :tears:

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

DaysForever
Aug 6 2012, 04:56 PM
Bright Eyes
Aug 6 2012, 04:54 PM

Really? She had a 3-second scene in which she blurts "You bastahd!"
Exactly my point. With just that scene she owned. She's the best on the show and has been for years.

emma mia
Member Avatar

the Wilson kiss was shocking, Will hmm

I love that Sami gets arrested too, very funny, is Will going to have to bail her out :lol:

and what could Ian possibly show EJ :o

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply