Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of August 20th; *updated 8/17*
Topic Started: Aug 9 2012, 10:46 AM (51,665 Views)
Helpless Romantic

crazy4sc
Aug 9 2012, 01:19 PM
emma mia
Aug 9 2012, 12:46 PM
Helpless Romantic
Aug 9 2012, 12:38 PM
Partnersincrime
Aug 9 2012, 12:35 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep[despite she is one the chose to go there in first place]
Ah the safehouse those were good times :wub: :wub: :wub: I in no way want them back together anytime soon but I really hope the PTB go back to the banter of the safehouse days with these two. They were at their best then. :smile:
Rafe is about to find Sami ready for some sexy time with EJ, a Sami who laid it all on the line for EJ.

Talk about a slap in the face to their ENTIRE relationship. :wub:
When Safe started in the safe house Sami was in love with Ej so we are full circle. The only thing we know now is Lumi is toast. So it's between Ejami & Safe . I think we finally are getting our answer as to who Sami loves the most.
@emma mia I'm not going to get into a debate with you. You love EJAMI I love SAFE and so lets just enjoy the show. I also nowhere in my post mentioned anything about EJ and I don't consider anything a slap in the face to SAFE's story. I will always love them and believe that they belong together just like you do with EJAMI after all their sordid history and all the crap they put each other through you still loved them regardless and nowhere did I mention anything about who Sami loved in the safehouse. Post SAFEhouse she was all Rafe. I was simply commenting on the fact that I loved safe during that period because of their banter and trying to one up each other. Which again NOTHING in my post alluded to EJ.Looking forward to the SAFE spoiler as you are any EJAMI interaction. :cheers:
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Aug 9 2012, 01:40 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

emma mia
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Aug 9 2012, 01:25 PM
crazy4sc
emma mia
Helpless Romantic

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Rafe is about to find Sami ready for some sexy time with EJ, a Sami who laid it all on the line for EJ.

When Safe started in the safe house Sami was in love with Ej so we are full circle. The only thing we know now is Lumi is toast. So it's between Ejami & Safe . I think we finally are getting our answer as to who Sami loves the most.
tomlin is writing so its rafe
I think its too early for any proclamations to be made like this IMO. Tomlin is going above and beyond to tie EJ and Sami together for it to just be Rafe JMO.

michr544125

Dreamer
Aug 9 2012, 01:21 PM
johnwalterseip
Aug 9 2012, 12:55 PM
Anyone think Will & Sonny may go beyond just a kiss?
I would like to see them get closer. Again, I find that this clip is another MARDAR "insta". Sonny and Will have only shared a couple of scenes together over the last long while, not enough to get to kissing in IMO. Rush, rush, rush, just to say they "did it".....it is what I expect at this point, but not what I want. Will and Sonny need to be treated like a regular same sex couple, not bed-hopping sluts like most of the recent Salemites. When will TPTB learn?
I don't think this is MarDar. Seems this happens week after next which is the new writers. Promos are always misleading so we have no idea how this really plays out but I bet it's not how it looks. It's not an insta to me if Sonny kisses Will because we have known for a while Sonny feels more than friendship for Will. It would actually fit for Will to be clueless about how Sonny feels and also clueless how he feels and push Sonny way after the kiss. Or it could also fit that Will feels something in that kiss and actually pulls Sonny back in for a much more passionate kiss. I have seen many moments from Will toward Sonny. It was just spread out over several months and didn't play out consistently.
Edited by michr544125, Aug 9 2012, 01:31 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

crazy4sc
emma mia
Helpless Romantic
Partnersincrime
Aug 9 2012, 12:35 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep[despite she is one the chose to go there in first place]
Ah the safehouse those were good times :wub: :wub: :wub: I in no way want them back together anytime soon but I really hope the PTB go back to the banter of the safehouse days with these two. They were at their best then. :smile:

but why bring Lucas back just to go back to Safe/Ejami....it makes no sense, they had them with no Lucas....they had Safe/Ejami and they could have stalled it after the grief sex reveal and had Sami alone getting closer to Ej solely and being friendlier, working at CW and all that without Lucas being around....then have Rafe come back into the fold as he's doing now when Carrie leaves.....

I knew this was going to happen the minute I heard Tomlin was back. WTF does Tomlin have against the character of Lucas or Bryan for that matter? It's obviously not just a problem with Bryan any longer, it's more the character of Lucas, as if he NEEDS to marginalize the character to make Rafe viable. I don't get it.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

johnwalterseip
They should. As someone else noted, they're 20 years old. They should be having more sex, or showing a desire to have more sex at the very least.

Frankly I don't know why NBC doesn't just go all out with this. Far as I'm concerned, Days has nothing left to lose, and I tend to think viewers who would be put off by a gay romance might still tune in for gay sex. People sometimes enjoy the scandal of it all, feeling like they're safely going beyond their own boundaries by watching it on the tv, no matter what they'll scream about publicly.

Can't wait for Jack's memorial. I imagine that's where they'll at least plant the seeds for Daniel/Jennifer and their loving reunion, and it will be super fun if they make Jennifer mourn or say nice things about Jack. I mean, what Jack could do to finally live up to her standards was...die. She's so awesome like that.

michr544125

px780
Aug 9 2012, 01:29 PM
johnwalterseip
They should. As someone else noted, they're 20 years old. They should be having more sex, or showing a desire to have more sex at the very least.

Frankly I don't know why NBC doesn't just go all out with this. Far as I'm concerned, Days has nothing left to lose, and I tend to think viewers who would be put off by a gay romance might still tune in for gay sex. People sometimes enjoy the scandal of it all, feeling like they're safely going beyond their own boundaries by watching it on the tv, no matter what they'll scream about publicly.

Can't wait for Jack's memorial. I imagine that's where they'll at least plant the seeds for Daniel/Jennifer and their loving reunion, and it will be super fun if they make Jennifer mourn or say nice things about Jack. I mean, what Jack could do to finally live up to her standards was...die. She's so awesome like that.
I agree. They need to try something different to gain viewers and they have nothing to lose by going for the gay sex.

Helpless Romantic

LuvingLumi
Aug 9 2012, 01:27 PM
crazy4sc
emma mia
Helpless Romantic

but why bring Lucas back just to go back to Safe/Ejami....it makes no sense, they had them with no Lucas....they had Safe/Ejami and they could have stalled it after the grief sex reveal and had Sami alone getting closer to Ej solely and being friendlier, working at CW and all that without Lucas being around....then have Rafe come back into the fold as he's doing now when Carrie leaves.....

I knew this was going to happen the minute I heard Tomlin was back. WTF does Tomlin have against the character of Lucas or Bryan for that matter? It's obviously not just a problem with Bryan any longer, it's more the character of Lucas, as if he NEEDS to marginalize the character to make Rafe viable. I don't get it.
Lucas needs someone new. Do we know who brought BD back? As much as I love SAFE I think Sami needs to be alone for a while.

emma mia
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
crazy4sc
emma mia
Helpless Romantic

I do not think it is out with Lucas and in with Rafe. For all we know this is SAFE closure, after all their entire relationship is being trampled on with Sami's actions.

We have had the sources say this is a EJAMI/LUMI thing with Rafe being a non-entity romantically, I mean they are not the end all, but they have been right thus far.

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
crazy4sc
emma mia
Helpless Romantic

Maybe they figured his fans would be happy whether he was with Sami or not. Things have changed a lot though. I don't think MarDar went into this planning for us to end up where we are now.

crazy4sc

six
Aug 9 2012, 01:37 PM
LuvingLumi
crazy4sc
emma mia

Maybe they figured his fans would be happy whether he was with Sami or not. Things have changed a lot though. I don't think MarDar went into this planning for us to end up where we are now.
The answer is simple..... different writers ... different visions & couples.

Helpless Romantic

emma mia
Aug 9 2012, 01:35 PM
LuvingLumi
crazy4sc
emma mia

I do not think it is out with Lucas and in with Rafe. For all we know this is SAFE closure, after all their entire relationship is being trampled on with Sami's actions.

We have had the sources say this is a EJAMI/LUMI thing with Rafe being a non-entity romantically, I mean they are not the end all, but they have been right thus far.
There is never "closure" for any of her relationships and while MarDar did do their best to erase them TomSells stuff has yet to really start. Regardless what happens I will give things a shot. Its more likely that there will be a geometric hexagon or octagon. with RafeSamiEJLucasNicole EricBrady and whoever else they throw in. But the merry go round is far from over where Sami's love life is concerned.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Aug 9 2012, 01:50 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

six
LuvingLumi
crazy4sc
emma mia

I'm not convinced it was MarDar that brought him back. I know what they said on twitter, I know all that but as we know now they are liars....and I have a hard time thinking that it was there decision to bring him back. Maybe Meng's? From the book tours? I think MarDar only brought back Carrie and Austin, the rest of the returns were Meng hearing from fans who wanted Marlena, John, Jack and Lucas back....

I'm happy he's back and I'm one that would actually like to see him get a story about HIM for once in a long time and I wouldn't be opposed to Lucas with a new love interest, but write a damn good believable story for me to enjoy and not one that has him falling for the woman and the woman cheating on him, I need substance...I need to see her head over for Lucas, whomever she is. Don't try to sell this 'loser in love' bullshit anymore, it's beyond old. I know they were bad stories but why can Ej get Taylor, and then a recast to boot when they thought it was the actress...that failed...then why can Brady get Arianna (failure) again they recast the role with a far more popular actress and then he got Madison this time too....but Lucas can't get another love interest with a good story. Lucas is far more popular than Brady IMHO and I love EM but I consider BD a far better actor. Lucas isn't even funny anymore, they have taken everything I loved about the character away, it's a crying shame but this seems to happen more and more when Tomlin is in the house.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
LuvingLumi
crazy4sc
emma mia

Lucas needs someone new. Do we know who brought BD back? As much as I love SAFE I think Sami needs to be alone for a while.
sami needed to man free from 2008 something still yet did not happen

i do not think sami written really inlove with anyone but just horny to any man that seem that willing

i can see the outline for story they will write sami oh well since i went to help ej lucas is finish with me oh crap i can not last minute without someone wait second there ej oh ej oh ej and than ej and sami will hot and heavy but something will stop it and than rafe show sami to heself oh rafe he does not want me he want carrie dammit i want rafe even more must have rafe oh rafe while sami getting close with rafe and so on brutal circle with sami that seem will never going to end
Edited by Partnersincrime, Aug 9 2012, 01:54 PM.

emma mia
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Aug 9 2012, 01:48 PM
emma mia
LuvingLumi
crazy4sc

There is never "closure" for any of her relationships and while MarDar did do their best to erase them TomSells stuff has yet to really start. Regardless what happens I will give things a shot. Its more likely that there will be a geometric hexagon or octagon. with RafeSamiEJLucasNicole EricBrady and whoever else they throw in. But the merry go round is far from over where Sami's love life is concerned.
I am not talking about end alls, I am talking about the here and now and this is something that even GG talked about.

lysie
Member Avatar

I think MarDar probably did bring BD back but I think their stories really started falling through around March. Story wise, idk what was theirs and what wasn't but Lucas seems like a character they'd like. He's certainly from the right era.

Helpless Romantic

Partnersincrime
Aug 9 2012, 01:53 PM
Helpless Romantic
LuvingLumi
crazy4sc

i do not think sami written really inlove with anyone but just horny to any man that seem that willing

i can see the outline for story they will write sami oh well since i went to help ej lucas is finish with me oh crap i can not last minute without someone wait second there ej oh ej oh ej and than ej and sami will hot and heavy but something will stop it and than rafe show sami to heself oh rafe he does not want me he want carrie dammit i want rafe even more must have rafe oh rafe while sami getting close with rafe and so on brutal circle with sami that seem will never going to end
Partnersincrime I completely agree with you. Sami will never be allowed not to have a man or rather multiple men in her orbit and the musical chairs will never end, probably until the very last show. So we are out of luck. I will give the new regime a chance but am not holding my breath on seeing the last of stupid Sami. I just hope they surprise us but after MarDar's non sensical crap being pimped so much. My expectations are not very high and I will not just accept my preferred couplings anyway I can get them. The story needs to be good and they really need to make certain who it is that characters really want to be with. Without the women looking like cheap sluts and men dumber than dirt. I want characters I can truely root for again.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Aug 9 2012, 02:04 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 9 2012, 01:55 PM
I think MarDar probably did bring BD back but I think their stories really started falling through around March. Story wise, idk what was theirs and what wasn't but Lucas seems like a character they'd like. He's certainly from the right era.
that is why I originally thought they were the ones who brought him back given they brought Carrie and Austin back but I don't know now anymore. Given how they wrote for Carrie and Austin, but at least they gave both story and they would still be there likely if the writing change didn't happen. But with BD is was different. Lucas didn't return for the HTS thing and he was a Horton so if you are gong to bring all these people back, why not bring a Horton too....and he was one of the last Hortons that actually had interactions with both Tom and Alice on screen....unlike Nathan or Nick or any of the other younger HOrtons they could have brought back for this thing...bring Lucas back at that time would have made a lot of sense....but for whatever reason I think they made the choice not to. I have my suspicions as to why, because MarDar never wanted to write for Lucas, specifically when they were writing for Ej and Sami in some capacity. I don't know, it's just my suspicion that MarDar weren't as involved in bringing him back, maybe Meng did from the feedback he got out of that book tour....who knows

six
Member Avatar

crazy4sc
Aug 9 2012, 01:44 PM
six
LuvingLumi
crazy4sc

The answer is simple..... different writers ... different visions & couples.
No, I don't think that's the only thing going on. The stories shifted before MarDar got fired. Some of them are shifting again, but I'm only talking about the regime that Lucas came back under.

LuvingLumi
Aug 9 2012, 01:52 PM
six
LuvingLumi
crazy4sc

I'm not convinced it was MarDar that brought him back. I know what they said on twitter, I know all that but as we know now they are liars....and I have a hard time thinking that it was there decision to bring him back. Maybe Meng's? From the book tours? I think MarDar only brought back Carrie and Austin, the rest of the returns were Meng hearing from fans who wanted Marlena, John, Jack and Lucas back....

I'm happy he's back and I'm one that would actually like to see him get a story about HIM for once in a long time and I wouldn't be opposed to Lucas with a new love interest, but write a damn good believable story for me to enjoy and not one that has him falling for the woman and the woman cheating on him, I need substance...I need to see her head over for Lucas, whomever she is. Don't try to sell this 'loser in love' bullshit anymore, it's beyond old. I know they were bad stories but why can Ej get Taylor, and then a recast to boot when they thought it was the actress...that failed...then why can Brady get Arianna (failure) again they recast the role with a far more popular actress and then he got Madison this time too....but Lucas can't get another love interest with a good story. Lucas is far more popular than Brady IMHO and I love EM but I consider BD a far better actor. Lucas isn't even funny anymore, they have taken everything I loved about the character away, it's a crying shame but this seems to happen more and more when Tomlin is in the house.
I'm not sure who brought Lucas back, but he was necessary for the story they wanted to tell about Will, so I don't think they felt like he was forced on them. They even gave him a fiancee and when BD first came back he seemed to actually think that was going somewhere, so I don't think MarDar went into this intending to marginalize Lucas. I have no idea who's more popular than whom or all that.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Aug 9 2012, 02:00 PM
Partnersincrime
Aug 9 2012, 01:53 PM
Helpless Romantic
LuvingLumi

Partnersincrime I completely agree with you. Sami will never be allowed not to have a man or rather multiple men in her orbit and the musical chairs will never end, probably until the very last show. So we are out of luck. I will give the new regime a chance but am not holding my breath on seeing the last of stupid Sami. I just hope they surprise us but after MarDar's non sensical crap being pimped so much. My expectations are not very high and I will not just accept my preferred couplings anyway I can get them. The story needs to be good and they really need to make certain who it is that characters really want.
On bolded that is how I feel. Give me a story and I'll watch it, but give me something to hold onto. Sami has been so destroyed that I can't fathom ever truly rooting for her again. Don't get me wrong, if she's with Lucas I'll be happy but simply because I'm a fan of the couple, before I was a fan of Sami separately outside of Lucas, and Lucas separately outside of Sami, and of course them as a couple but now I'm just a Lumi and Lucas fan, so I can see myself enjoying something given to Lucas, again, if it makes sense and it's believable..

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Monday ("Andrew's Threat")
Chad overhears Gabi and Andrew's conversation; Sonny and Will share a kiss.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply