Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of August 20th; *updated 8/17*
Topic Started: Aug 9 2012, 10:46 AM (52,089 Views)
restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

No joke, if they put Jennifer with Daniel any time soon I will completely give up on this fucking show. Absolutlely rediculous if it happens.

I don't want Jennifer with anyone for at least 6 months. And really, longer. Bitch needs to pay. Actually, I don't want Jennifer (MR) on my screen at all, but I'll take whatever I can get. Pairing her with anyone right after the death of her husband is not what hardly anyone wants to see.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Romancer66

restless daze
Aug 18 2012, 08:58 PM
No joke, if they put Jennifer with Daniel any time soon I will completely give up on this fucking show. Absolutlely rediculous if it happens.

I don't want Jennifer with anyone for at least 6 months. And really, longer. Bitch needs to pay. Actually, I don't want Jennifer (MR) on my screen at all, but I'll take whatever I can get. Pairing her with anyone right after the death of her husband is not what hardly anyone wants to see.
Who'd have guessed that the sudden violent death of one's life partner--in heroic circumstances, no less--would act as an aphrodisiac?

Tacky, Jen-Jen. Seriously tacky.

Honestly, I think giving Jennifer a good long rest offscreen would do wonders for the character. So would resurrecting Jack, but that goes without saying.

annie21

Romancer66
Aug 18 2012, 09:10 PM
restless daze

Who'd have guessed that the sudden violent death of one's life partner--in heroic circumstances, no less--would act as an aphrodisiac?

Honestly, I think giving Jennifer a good long rest offscreen would do wonders for the character. So would resurrecting Jack, but that goes without saying.
I can't decide whether it's Tomlin's incredible ego/hutzpah or his laziness that makes him determined to churn out exactly the stories that viewers don't want to see. Either he is so full of himself that he will not hear viewer input, or he's just that lazy that he's pulling out script outlines that he'd written last summer and plopping them back into place. Of course, I don't really think anybody was chomping at the bit to see these stories last summer either, so it has to be his ego at work.

Audacious. :shame:

Of course, all his superiors are approving this junk, so they must believe these are the stories that will generate high ratings. Good luck with that.

Ellie

annie21
Aug 18 2012, 09:18 PM
I can't decide whether it's Tomlin's incredible ego/hutzpah or his laziness that makes him determined to churn out exactly the stories that viewers don't want to see. Either he is so full of himself that he will not hear viewer input, or he's just that lazy that he's pulling out script outlines that he'd written last summer and plopping them back into place. Of course, I don't really think anybody was chomping at the bit to see these stories last summer either, so it has to be his ego at work.

Of course, all his superiors are approving this junk, so they must believe these are the stories that will generate high ratings. Good luck with that.

I think it's his ego, though someone at NBC must be telling him he's wonderful at the same time. It's just like in 08 when he decided that 1990/1 was the year the show must model itself after now. Only someone with a very deluded sense of his own talent would even think to make that proposition. He writes completely plot-based stories about characters we really don't care about. If they have a through-line and can keep viewers hooked, though, the ratings may go up as they did with the baby switch. But with Dannifer, there has never been a consistent story plot. Date-sex-another date-more sex. So that one must just be pure ego on Tomlin's part.

Daytime
Member Avatar

TV Guide US Previews wk 8/20th

8/20, EJ finds himself captive; Will gets into an angry confrontation with T; Chad confronts Gabi about her conversation with Andrew; Sonny comforts Will.

8/21, Will denies having any romantic interest in Sonny; Marlena counsels Will; Will finds Sonny in a possibly intimate moment with Brian.

8/22,A memorial service is held; Lucas tells Will how disappointed he is in him; Chad kicks Gabi out of his apartment; T gives Sonny a hard time; Will helps Gabi move.

8/23,Will and Gabi make love; Nicole recommits to winning Daniel's heart; Will lashes out at his father; Justin finds his injured son, who refuses to identify his attacker.

8/24, Julie delivers some shocking news to Melanie; Maggie is unable to get in contact with Melanie; Maggie and Victor tend to Brady.

bomber
Member Avatar

Romancer66
restless daze

I only started back watching Days when Jack came back so I have just been on youtube to check out Dannifer clips to see why Tomlin would love them so much . I'm sorry but WTF!!!. They are total crap. there was no spark and no chemistry and I'm assuming that these tribute clips were their best scenes.
I cannot believe that Tomlin killed Jack so that these two could be put back together - that is just wrong :x
Last Wednesday was the last episode I watched and somehow i don't see that changing anytime soon.

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

This is probably my wishful thinking but I'm not so sure that spoiler refers to Dannifer. It says they reunite in the midst of tragedy. The tragedy has just happened and there's no way they can reunite anytime soon. Is Jennifer going to bury her husband (or scatter his ashes) then go running into Daniel's arms. Besides with the saga of Sami and her cluster of men there's probably more chance of a Safe reunion coming first. Or maybe it's in reference to the upcoming Will/Gabi spoiler.

I know Dannifer is going to happen since they are soulmates and all :sarcasm: but I just don't see how that can be them in that spoiler since the tragedy would be Jack's death - unless something else happens - maybe linked to Melanie's departure.

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

bomber
Aug 19 2012, 12:23 AM
Romancer66
restless daze

I only started back watching Days when Jack came back so I have just been on youtube to check out Dannifer clips to see why Tomlin would love them so much . I'm sorry but WTF!!!. They are total crap. there was no spark and no chemistry and I'm assuming that these tribute clips were their best scenes.
I cannot believe that Tomlin killed Jack so that these two could be put back together - that is just wrong :x
Last Wednesday was the last episode I watched and somehow i don't see that changing anytime soon.
My biggest thing was why Missy was so excited about it and claimed this "romance" with Daniel was the first time fans accepted another pairing for Jennifer outside of Jack (which she seemed to think it was a good thing) and that it was so well written :rolleyes: . Nevermind all those people who thought it was better than J&J because Dannifer was "cute" (forget the fact there's no story there). Though I do wonder if Missy's reasons for being so into it was because she really didn't have to try since it was pretty much just fluff (no angst or conflict or really anything challenging for an actor).

Romancer66

Ellie
Aug 18 2012, 11:34 PM
annie21
Aug 18 2012, 09:18 PM

I think it's his ego, though someone at NBC must be telling him he's wonderful at the same time. It's just like in 08 when he decided that 1990/1 was the year the show must model itself after now. Only someone with a very deluded sense of his own talent would even think to make that proposition. He writes completely plot-based stories about characters we really don't care about. If they have a through-line and can keep viewers hooked, though, the ratings may go up as they did with the baby switch. But with Dannifer, there has never been a consistent story plot. Date-sex-another date-more sex. So that one must just be pure ego on Tomlin's part.
Ego, and what I've dubbed Returning Headwriter Hubris, in which reinstated headwriters try to wipe out everything that took place since their former tenure and turn the clock back to the last time they were in charge, whether it makes sense or not, whether it's good for the show or not.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I can already tell from spoilers that T&W 2 aren't focusing on anyone I care about. It's all about characters who already get a ton of airplay--Sami and her three ex-husbands--or the incredibly boring 20-something set, with a bit of Will and Sonny thrown in since that's been one of the few well-received stories of the past year.

Maybe things will improve in October with Kristen returning to shake things up, but I suspect the rest of August and September will suck, especially if those months contain the episodes taped when MB was working almost every day until her departure. Non-fans of Melanie beware!

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

^Nicely summoned up Romancer66. I see the next 6 weeks of DAYS as due diligence SLs that need closure and the rumors of the younger set taking over DAYS. I am thinking that this will just be a phase and that DAYS will revert back in few months time. The 30 something crowd Nicole, EJ, Lucas, Sami, Rafe, Brady is a mess and too Sami focused right now. In the short term, I suspect any new actors coming on board will be to enhance this group.

As for the older-middle-aged focus crowd.....things are a little scary, with PR leaving and possibly another "vet" anticipated exit.... this group will be seriously impacted. Abe, Jen, Daniel, John, Marlena, Hope, Bo & Kayla and the possible pairing are either obvious or awkward.

IMO, things do not look up for DAYS. T&W and NBC friends have obviously decided which way the show's new focus is going to go, and there is not much they can do to derail any potential fallout with SLs taping 2-3 months in advance. I am very pessimistic over the show's direction and am ticked at how some of my favorite characters are written. I wonder who long T&W are going to last.?

sassyblonde
Member Avatar

I don't feel Safe will rear its ugly head as after the Ejami scenes this week, GG would have to learn how to act in order to Compete with JS and AS. The GA probably just wants drama and romance and if they compare the two couples side by side , The superior acting will usually win out. You can't have Sami only interact with EJ either so its important that she have scenes with Both Lucas and Rafe so the difference in how she reacts to each is showcased. In the past , they had Sami removed from most interaction with EJ unless it was to fight and Safe was given the fairy dust treatment but now that the wriitng is good for EJ and Sami, it can be good for Rafe too and I'll put my money on JS seducing the audience . I doubt theire is much hope for Lucas as Mardar did a number on him.( although its exactly the way i have always seen him) Nonetheless it was pretty heavy handed in the way JS usually is written. GT hates him so I doubt he will even be a factor except to tie up some loose ends.

IMO the show is getting good again but they must interact all the characters and not just a few always in the same scenes together. Everyone has favorites and to not see them for months makes you lose interest.
I just hope it won't be the Nicole and Rafe show either as I detest both characters especially Nicole running around holding her belly and acting the victim. It's a sham .

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Maybe we wont get dannifer just yet it could be someone else that gets involved after tradgey maybe brady and nicole

Vicky4Mimi

sassyblonde
Aug 19 2012, 10:30 AM
I don't feel Safe will rear its ugly head as after the Ejami scenes this week, GG would have to learn how to act in order to Compete with JS and AS. The GA probably just wants drama and romance and if they compare the two couples side by side , The superior acting will usually win out. You can't have Sami only interact with EJ either so its important that she have scenes with Both Lucas and Rafe so the difference in how she reacts to each is showcased. In the past , they had Sami removed from most interaction with EJ unless it was to fight and Safe was given the fairy dust treatment but now that the wriitng is good for EJ and Sami, it can be good for Rafe too and I'll put my money on JS seducing the audience . I doubt theire is much hope for Lucas as Mardar did a number on him.( although its exactly the way i have always seen him) Nonetheless it was pretty heavy handed in the way JS usually is written. GT hates him so I doubt he will even be a factor except to tie up some loose ends.

IMO the show is getting good again but they must interact all the characters and not just a few always in the same scenes together. Everyone has favorites and to not see them for months makes you lose interest.
I just hope it won't be the Nicole and Rafe show either as I detest both characters especially Nicole running around holding her belly and acting the victim. It's a sham .

Quote:

AS's quote in this week's SOD speaking about the electric moment (still to come I think) with Safe was "There are still unresolved feelings with both men (Rafe and EJ) and I think there's a valid tension between all 3 of them. It's so confusing for Sami, but it's really good story."

So, doesn't that mean Safe is rearing it's "adorable" head? I would be shocked if they didn't go back to Mr and Mrs Hernandez at least for a while. She will be torn for sure..it will be interesting to see what happens.

Lucas will be right there too. He doesn't act like he will fight for Sami if he thinks she is well taken care of, and we know that is NOT with EJ. GT doesn't hate Bryan or Lucas as far as I or any else knows, right? Bryan has a huge following and it would be dumb not to capitalize on that. Ratings are all important now.

And there are a lot of people A LOT of people who like Ejole. Ari Zucker is very popular and she can sell any story and make any actor look good. It seems she has chemistry with every person on the show. She is a gem, and why wouldn't they feature her??

Edited by Vicky4Mimi, Aug 19 2012, 01:35 PM.

Dany_E

JDeveraux_91
Aug 18 2012, 07:53 PM
sonwill
Aug 18 2012, 07:12 PM
New spoilers up at Soap Central for this upcoming week [and there's more for the week after that too]

I'm not sure how posting spoilers works here or what the rules are or whatever so I'll just link y'all and leave you all to do whatever lol!

http://soapcentral.com/days/content/scoop/spoilers/2012/120820.php
"Old flames reunite in the midst of tragedy." Let me take a guess that the supposedly devastated Jennifer Whoreton will be opening her legs again for Orange Dong Jonas who has been burned by the "evil" Nicole. :x Bullshit. Pure bullshit. FU Gary Tomlin. :flipoff: :flipoff:
Maybe it's just a lasciviously worded spoiler just meant to indicate that Daniel shows up at Jack's memorial, which we already know is happening anyway?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply