Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother Australia 2012
Topic Started: Aug 13 2012, 11:34 AM (1,033 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

With Big Brother UK 2012 ending tonight, Australia kicked off today. I've never watched the Australian version, but I plan on hopefully watching it this season. I'm gonna watch the Launch episode tonight.

Here's a youtube link that has the episodes. https://www.youtube.com/user/AussieBB2012
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Thanks for posting the link. If I have the time I might try to catch some episodes here and there.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

This will be my first time watching as well, I'm actually about half way through the launch episode and so far it's decent. The AU launch seems like a hybrid of BBUS and BBUK with a stadium audience instead of the mosh pit of the UK, that it's pre-taped, that it seems to play up the hammy action that would appreciate to the family types, and that it seems to employ seasonal twists.

This year it's Secrets. Every male housemate entering the house has a secret, the women know what all of the secrets are but don't know who they belong to. They have to guess who's what by the end of the week to save themselves from being nominated.

They also promised a "new way to nominate" (which has always been the standard international method) so I'm interested to see how this is going to play out.

Edited by Drew, Aug 13 2012, 06:46 PM.

Evan
Member Avatar

Looks good so far, Sonia Kruger is stunning!

King
Member Avatar

I am watching it now. I am digging it!

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

I plan on watching it after watching the UK finale.

King
Member Avatar

I really like Michael, Angie, and Zoe so far.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'll watch now that it's more easily accessible.

I'm excited for Big Brother Canada. When's that coming? Winter? Early 2013?

King
Member Avatar

I really liked it until they all got into the house. Then I thought it was boring. LOL.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

You really need to give a new regular BB series 2 weeks to fully get into. By that point you've picked up on people's quirks, who they're getting on with and not getting on with, who's going to fight, who's going to hook up, and by then it's a complete addiction.

King
Member Avatar

Does Australia have competitions?

Does the house just vote on who to put up for nomination?

Does the country vote people out?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

There are always competitions, they're just for food. They don't involve housemates dressed up in foam carrying liquid back and forth each week with lame elevator music, they're punishing and humiliating and will sometimes go on for days.

Nominations are up in the air this year since there's supposed to be some new way that hasn't been revealed.

King
Member Avatar

Ah, cool!

Thanks!

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

I really enjoyed the episode for the most part. The secrets were a bit stupid, but whatever. The three guys really didn't leave me much of an impression. I do like the women for the most part. I love Angie, Zoe & Estelle!

King
Member Avatar

What is the schedule like?

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

I believe there a daily show every day. Not sure what the evictions are though.

The UK Format has daily shows at around 45 minutes with a Friday Eviction. I believe the Australia dallies are going to be 30 mins.

King
Member Avatar

OMG! DAILY!? LOL. That is totally cray cray!

King
Member Avatar

I watched ep 2. I really like Zoe and Layla. :)

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

OK, I'm sick of hearing the Aussie audience over all of the house action. Big Brother with a laugh track is seriously annoying.

Evan
Member Avatar

Bradley the geeky guy is my early fave!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply