Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of August 27th; *updated 8/23*
Topic Started: Aug 16 2012, 11:01 AM (35,228 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Aren't these the same comments that were made about DH and Mardar? At some ppint Days has to stick with the HWs and go with it. You can't keep changing HWs every year.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 25 2012, 07:58 AM
Aren't these the same comments that were made about DH and Mardar? At some ppint Days has to stick with the HWs and go with it. You can't keep changing HWs every year.
I sure hope that point isn't now.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 25 2012, 08:01 AM
magicsteacher
TPTB hired them. Apparently that is who they wanted; why I don't know. I can only guess that it is because they liked their writing and their ideas.

WillFan
Member Avatar

A sneak peek into weeks photos. http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/photos/sneak-peek-wk-of-82712/11461

lysie
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 25 2012, 08:20 AM
lysie
magicsteacher
TPTB hired them. Apparently that is who they wanted; why I don't know. I can only guess that it is because they liked their writing and their ideas.
I'm aware. Thats why I've been against this rehiring decision from the beginning. I still hope they'll be gone soon. I care about what TPTB wants about as much as they care what I want. We don't call them TIIC for nothing. Besides, they didn't like their writing and ideas a year ago and it appears to be no different.

leela46
Member Avatar

Except for the Melanie crap I don't find these spoilers so bad. In fact I love seeing Nick back again. I agree that you can't keep constantly changing headwriters, and without Higley in the mix I'm hoping that the combination of Tomsell and Lorraine Broderick will make Days good again. The returns of Nick, Kristen, Eric, and Chloe are certainly a good start. Higley and MarDar were completely unwatchable.

Romancer66

magicsteacher
You can if ratings continue to tank.

And to give MarDar some credit, their honeymoon period lasted a couple of months before their stories went from sugar to shit. T&W 2's official episodes have aired perhaps a week, and the stink of "been there, done that, hated it the first time" is already thick in the air. Because unlike MarDar, they've been in charge before, and their stuff resulted in lower ratings and their previous firing. Why they were reinstated when they weren't getting the job done the first time is inexplicable.

Sadly, I suspect the show's days (no pun intended) are numbered. But T&W 2 are not the ones I want to see at the helm during its last voyage. I shudder at the very thought of them scripting the show's finale.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Aug 25 2012, 09:04 AM
magicsteacher

And to give MarDar some credit, their honeymoon period lasted a couple of months before their stories went from sugar to shit. T&W 2's official episodes have aired perhaps a week, and the stink of "been there, done that, hated it the first time" is already thick in the air. Because unlike MarDar, they've been in charge before, and their stuff resulted in lower ratings and their previous firing. Why they were reinstated when they weren't getting the job done the first time is inexplicable.

Sadly, I suspect the show's days (no pun intended) are numbered. But T&W 2 are not the ones I want to see at the helm during its last voyage. I shudder at the very thought of them scripting the show's finale.
Part of the reason Mardar's honeymoon period lasted a few months was because they brought back vets which excited fans. But for the most part they did nothing with them while trashing characters and couples.
So who is in charge? NBC, Sony, Tomsell or a combination? If it is NBC or Sony then they are directing what is written, correct? IDK- just throwing it out there.

Romancer66

magicsteacher
Aug 25 2012, 09:13 AM
Romancer66
magicsteacher

Part of the reason Mardar's honeymoon period lasted a few months was because they brought back vets which excited fans. But for the most part they did nothing with them while trashing characters and couples.
So who is in charge? NBC, Sony, Tomsell or a combination? If it is NBC or Sony then they are directing what is written, correct? IDK- just throwing it out there.
T&W 2 don't even have the vets' presence going for them. And from the look of the spoilers, they're going right back to telling the kind of stories they told from 2008-2011--the ones that drove down ratings and resulted in their dismissal. I just hope it doesn't take three years to get rid of them this time, especially since I doubt DAYS has three years left at this point.

No one knows who's really calling the shots this time around. Mass confusion appears to be reigning behind the scenes, to the detriment of the show as a whole.

leela46
Member Avatar

I keep seeing people say that Tomsell were the writers before MarDar, but I don't believe that's true.. As I recall it was Dena Higley who was the HW and Whitesell the Co-HW. Tomlin was Exec. Producer. I don't think Tomlin has been HW in over thirty years. Yes, I know he had a lot of influence, but I still believe it was Higley who made the show so horrible during her tenure. Since I want Days to survive I'm going to hope that Tomsell plus Lorraine Broderick will turn things around.

Romancer66

leela46
Aug 25 2012, 09:30 AM
I keep seeing people say that Tomsell were the writers before MarDar, but I don't believe that's true.. As I recall it was Dena Higley who was the HW and Whitesell the Co-HW. Tomlin was Exec. Producer. I don't think Tomlin has been HW in over thirty years. Yes, I know he had a lot of influence, but I still believe it was Higley who made the show so horrible during her tenure. Since I want Days to survive I'm going to hope that Tomsell plus Lorraine Broderick will turn things around.
But GT gave DH's stuff the green light, and to judge from what stories he's telling and which characters he's focusing on, they seem to be cut from the same cloth as headwriters. Personally, I'm rooting for T&W to get the boot and LB to get a promotion, maybe with an assist from the Cullitons. Going back to what didn't work the first time has never struck me as an effective way of solving the problem.

annie21

magicsteacher
Aug 25 2012, 08:20 AM
lysie
magicsteacher
You make a good point about TPTB, although it's been made pretty clear that Corday/Meng were not part of this recent decision by the network to replace MarDar with TomSell. Regardless, the fact remains that TPTB hire writers who continually ignore viewer pleas for better character-driven storytelling. Tomlin is especially known for writing for his favorites (key word here is "his"). It's been said that Tomlin knows how to save them money, and I think that's more important to TPTB than his writing per se.

As for your statement that they can't change HWs every year, that is just another viewer opinion TPTB don't have to listen to. They have indeed changed HW teams in less than a year -- besides MarDar, another case in point is Lorraine Broderick, who was co-HW at Days for about a month way back in time. They have done it and can do so again at any time, whether we think it makes sense or not.

Daytime
Member Avatar

TV Guide US Previews

8/27, Sami's released on bail; Nicole tells Daniel what's been on her mind; Sami and Lucas get into a confrontation; Daniel and Chad share their concerns about Melanie; Hope visits Nick in prison.

8/28, Gabi realizes why Will turned to her; Chad bails EJ out of jail; Will admits that he's screwed up his love life; Maggie encourages Nick to talk to Marlena; Chad enlists Daniel's help in protecting Melanie.

8/29, EJ gets into a confrontation with Nicole and Rafe; Melanie struggles with her role in Nick's upcoming parole hearing; Hope leaves a family dinner to visit Nick; Sami and EJ find themselves alone, and things start to heat up between them.

8/30, Sami comes to an important realization; Rafe tries to console Brady; Will makes a big decision; Brady grows concerned about Melanie; Abigail and Cameron continue their romance.

8/31, Melanie has a nightmare about Nick; Jennifer extends a generous offer to Nicole; Chad and Brady try to persuade Melanie to write a letter to the parole board; Nick realizes his big decision impacts others.

lysie
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 25 2012, 09:13 AM
Romancer66
magicsteacher

We have no idea who's in charge. We can only guess. What we do know is that what's currently airing is VERY similar to what was airing the last time TomSell were employed. We also know that what's currently airing is what they were writing and filming when the actors were telling us NBC had intervened. To me, it sounds like TomSell and NBC are on the same page. What we also know is that there are at least two other entities fighting for control, so the upper hand could move by even next week. No one knows for sure, but my opinion is that we're going to be seeinga lot of flip flopping over the next few months while they all fight.

SabrinaD18
Member Avatar

Oh for the love of Emmys.......I look at the spoilers to see if there is something watchable coming up and I read Jennifer suggests Nicole move in with HER!!!! Needless to say, I'll continue to enjoy my beach days between 1:00 and 2:00pm. Give Ari and Emmy just for showing up to work!!!!

Ellie

Apologies if these were posted already

http://daysofourlives.about.com/b/2012/08/25/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-august-27-to-31.htm

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Crazy4Ejole
Aug 21 2012, 04:12 PM
Wait so EJ is threatening Nicole, oh I feel like just giving up sometimes but I love Ejole so much, this breaks my heart when their hurting each other.
The "threat" is probably EJ saying something about being a part of his baby's life/not allowing Nicole to exclude him.

eyebrowns

What storylines were TomSell overseeing last time that were so horrible? I wasn't watching then so I have nothing to compare to so I'm just curious. As someone who didn't watch under Higley, I don't really see any issues and I'm enjoying the show again now. Much better than MarDar any day tbh.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

michr544125
Aug 21 2012, 04:56 PM
Finally Will is away from Ej! Though at this point I'd prefer that to him and Gabi. Go figure...
I am happy Will is away from EJ but also happy he and Gabi are still friends.She does not appear to have any agenda when it comes to Will,just honestly cares about him,
supports him,and wants him to be happy.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Aug 21 2012, 10:43 AM
YES!!!
I love that Sami and EJ still get close but my heart swelled reading that Sami is going to get things right before getting into another relationship. She chose herself and her kids! :wub: Now, the rest of the fall will be her getting things right and THEN she'll have that space to decide if she wants to be with anyone and, if so, who. I can't wait!
Sami comes to this realization after Lucas tells her off and dumps her.Lucas was right about Sami wanting what she can't have.After all the "going on the run " sexual tension she knows she has EJ back on the hook so now it's hand rubbing, wistful lingering looks,and sighs wih Rafe about how she messed up their marriage and after the scarf scene Monday,I can see where this is headed.I think the writers did that scarf thing on purpose because they know how gag inducing most viewers found EJ and Taylor as a couple.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply