Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of August 27th; *updated 8/23*
Topic Started: Aug 16 2012, 11:01 AM (35,166 Views)
BeeBee
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Aug 20 2012, 11:38 AM
It takes Rafe till next Wednesday to figure that out? Carried told him a month ago.

Gary T is writing this, that is your answer as to if Sami is going to feel it too.....

Lucas does fit in somewhere, Lord only knows where. I wish Bryan didn't have to do the triangle thing again, he's better than that, butI guess it makes for good TV?
The writers have Sami,EJ,and Lucas saying "mother of" and "father of" two of my children.With Nick coming back do you think they will reaveal Lucas as Johhny's father?
Edited by BeeBee, Aug 26 2012, 12:44 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

BeeBee
Aug 26 2012, 12:43 PM
Vicky4Mimi
It takes Rafe till next Wednesday to figure that out? Carried told him a month ago.

Gary T is writing this, that is your answer as to if Sami is going to feel it too.....

Lucas does fit in somewhere, Lord only knows where. I wish Bryan didn't have to do the triangle thing again, he's better than that, butI guess it makes for good TV?
The writers have Sami,EJ,and Lucas saying "mother of" and "father of" two of my children.With Nick coming back do you think they will reaveal Lucas as Johhny's father?
Who the hell knows.... But on Monday's show Sami tells Lucas, I am the mother if two of your children. Unless Lucas has a kid he doesn't know of from a fling somewhere, Sami is the mother of Lucas' children period, not to of anything, lol.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

BeeBee
Aug 26 2012, 12:32 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Aug 21 2012, 10:43 AM
YES!!!
I love that Sami and EJ still get close but my heart swelled reading that Sami is going to get things right before getting into another relationship. She chose herself and her kids! :wub: Now, the rest of the fall will be her getting things right and THEN she'll have that space to decide if she wants to be with anyone and, if so, who. I can't wait!
Sami comes to this realization after Lucas tells her off and dumps her.Lucas was right about Sami wanting what she can't have.After all the "going on the run " sexual tension she knows she has EJ back on the hook so now it's hand rubbing, wistful lingering looks,and sighs wih Rafe about how she messed up their marriage and after the scarf scene Monday,I can see where this is headed.I think the writers did that scarf thing on purpose because they know how gag inducing most viewers found EJ and Taylor as a couple.
You might be on to something there...I certainly find Safe to be equally gag inducing so it's an apt comparison.

camera shy

BeeBee
Aug 26 2012, 12:43 PM
Vicky4Mimi

Sometimes they have the characters say things like that to inform the new veiwers what the relationships are with the characters, but yes, they still could be planing on revisiting the twins' paternity because they do seem to be saying it an awful lot lately and throw in Ian remark about EJ having experience with changing blood test and especially because Nick is back who took the original paternity test.......stay tuned. :rolleyes:

Cerulean
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 25 2012, 10:18 AM
magicsteacher
Aug 25 2012, 09:13 AM
Romancer66
Aug 25 2012, 09:04 AM
magicsteacher
Aug 25 2012, 07:58 AM
Aren't these the same comments that were made about DH and Mardar? At some ppint Days has to stick with the HWs and go with it. You can't keep changing HWs every year.
You can if ratings continue to tank.

And to give MarDar some credit, their honeymoon period lasted a couple of months before their stories went from sugar to shit. T&W 2's official episodes have aired perhaps a week, and the stink of "been there, done that, hated it the first time" is already thick in the air. Because unlike MarDar, they've been in charge before, and their stuff resulted in lower ratings and their previous firing. Why they were reinstated when they weren't getting the job done the first time is inexplicable.

Sadly, I suspect the show's days (no pun intended) are numbered. But T&W 2 are not the ones I want to see at the helm during its last voyage. I shudder at the very thought of them scripting the show's finale.
Part of the reason Mardar's honeymoon period lasted a few months was because they brought back vets which excited fans. But for the most part they did nothing with them while trashing characters and couples.
So who is in charge? NBC, Sony, Tomsell or a combination? If it is NBC or Sony then they are directing what is written, correct? IDK- just throwing it out there.
We have no idea who's in charge. We can only guess. What we do know is that what's currently airing is VERY similar to what was airing the last time TomSell were employed. We also know that what's currently airing is what they were writing and filming when the actors were telling us NBC had intervened. To me, it sounds like TomSell and NBC are on the same page. What we also know is that there are at least two other entities fighting for control, so the upper hand could move by even next week. No one knows for sure, but my opinion is that we're going to be seeinga lot of flip flopping over the next few months while they all fight.
I agree, it does seem as if Tomlin is doing his level best to erase the past year. To make it comparable, MarDar would have to have started their first two weeks off by killing off Daniel, and having EJ and Sami holding hands and flashing back to their happier times trice weekly. Plus I'd wager Will impregnating Gabi before he came out of the closet was in Tomlin's long term story for winter of 2012, and it's just being moved back to winter of 2013. He's apparently not hampered by said twist now being totally out of place. Of course, Tomlin/Higley were fired just a year ago for poor ratings, so it's difficult to see how going backwards is a winning formula. :shrug:

lysie
Member Avatar

Cerulean
Aug 26 2012, 03:44 PM
lysie
magicsteacher
Romancer66
Aug 25 2012, 09:04 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Part of the reason Mardar's honeymoon period lasted a few months was because they brought back vets which excited fans. But for the most part they did nothing with them while trashing characters and couples.
So who is in charge? NBC, Sony, Tomsell or a combination? If it is NBC or Sony then they are directing what is written, correct? IDK- just throwing it out there.
We have no idea who's in charge. We can only guess. What we do know is that what's currently airing is VERY similar to what was airing the last time TomSell were employed. We also know that what's currently airing is what they were writing and filming when the actors were telling us NBC had intervened. To me, it sounds like TomSell and NBC are on the same page. What we also know is that there are at least two other entities fighting for control, so the upper hand could move by even next week. No one knows for sure, but my opinion is that we're going to be seeinga lot of flip flopping over the next few months while they all fight.
I agree, it does seem as if Tomlin is doing his level best to erase the past year. To make it comparable, MarDar would have to have started their first two weeks off by killing off Daniel, and having EJ and Sami holding hands and flashing back to their happier times trice weekly. Plus I'd wager Will impregnating Gabi before he came out of the closet was in Tomlin's long term story for winter of 2012, and it's just being moved back to winter of 2013. He's apparently not hampered by said twist now being totally out of place. Of course, Tomlin/Higley were fired just a year ago for poor ratings, so it's difficult to see how going backwards is a winning formula. :shrug:
I think the good news for some of us is that it doesn't seem like whatever they planned to do is going to happen the way they originally wanted it to. So while I find it incredibly annoying that they're just rewinding back to another time that also drove me as a viewer away, there's a chance that it might not be "permanent." I don't think we've seen Sony's influence yet. Of course, we could hate that, too, but at least maybe it will be different. Maybe? I'm hoping that maybe the fact that all they did was rewind a year is what got other people involved in fighting for control. I guess we'll see. And we may never really know what is whose influence. I don't really care. I just want a show I find entertaining.

Cerulean
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 26 2012, 04:12 PM
Cerulean
lysie
magicsteacher

I think the good news for some of us is that it doesn't seem like whatever they planned to do is going to happen the way they originally wanted it to. So while I find it incredibly annoying that they're just rewinding back to another time that also drove me as a viewer away, there's a chance that it might not be "permanent." I don't think we've seen Sony's influence yet. Of course, we could hate that, too, but at least maybe it will be different. Maybe? I'm hoping that maybe the fact that all they did was rewind a year is what got other people involved in fighting for control. I guess we'll see. And we may never really know what is whose influence. I don't really care. I just want a show I find entertaining.
:iagree: My first choice would be for an entertaining hour, but if Days must tell dull tales, may they at least be different.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Yeah, I'm holding out some hope that the BTS fighting that was rumored around the time that the current on-air stuff was filmed will come into play in the near future and the show won't be quite so Tomlin-esque couple months from now. The stuff on our screens last week was just pure GT (SuperRafe, Safe's epic love, saint Melanie, Brelanie's friendship, Maggie front and center, Dan's magical penis, desperate for love Nicole, Wabi sex, etc., etc.) so I'm hopeful NBC and Sony's rumored involvement will lessen the Tomlin influence. I assume ED was Sony's influence but we won't see her on air for 6 weeks. That means that the stuff we see for the next month or two may be a big ol' mess because of the BTS fighting.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Cerulean
lysie
magicsteacher

Care to elaborate cause, frankly, I am confused. What parts may not be permanent?

badaddiction
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Aug 26 2012, 08:16 PM
lysie
Yeah, I'm holding out some hope that the BTS fighting that was rumored around the time that the current on-air stuff was filmed will come into play in the near future and the show won't be quite so Tomlin-esque couple months from now. The stuff on our screens last week was just pure GT (SuperRafe, Safe's epic love, saint Melanie, Brelanie's friendship, Maggie front and center, Dan's magical penis, desperate for love Nicole, Wabi sex, etc., etc.) so I'm hopeful NBC and Sony's rumored involvement will lessen the Tomlin influence. I assume ED was Sony's influence but we won't see her on air for 6 weeks. That means that the stuff we see for the next month or two may be a big ol' mess because of the BTS fighting.
Let's hope because last week was completely unwatchable.

lysie
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 26 2012, 08:59 PM
lysie
Cerulean
lysie

Care to elaborate cause, frankly, I am confused. What parts may not be permanent?
All of it. I'm not sure what you want me to elaborate on.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 27 2012, 11:49 AM
magicsteacher
lysie
Cerulean

Are we talking characters, storylines, couples, constant use of the same few characters? Just curious as to your thoughts/ideas..

lysie
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 27 2012, 12:02 PM
lysie
magicsteacher
lysie

Are we talking characters, storylines, couples, constant use of the same few characters? Just curious as to your thoughts/ideas..
Oh. I think all of it. I'm not convinced they've settled on a direction yet because we still haven't heard from them about the changes really. I could be wrong, but I think we're in for a lot of back and forth nonsensical writing over the next few months. So if you're unhappy with something now, I think there's a good chance it will change soon.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 27 2012, 12:06 PM
magicsteacher
lysie
magicsteacher

Oh. I think all of it. I'm not convinced they've settled on a direction yet because we still haven't heard from them about the changes really. I could be wrong, but I think we're in for a lot of back and forth nonsensical writing over the next few months. So if you're unhappy with something now, I think there's a good chance it will change soon.
Yeah, I've seen where several of the spoiler/mags people are saying that someone (be it NBC or Sony) stepped in shortly after TomSell started & "slapped their wrists".

So I'm betting we'll be seeing changes across the board in the next month or so.

six
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Aug 27 2012, 12:15 PM
lysie
magicsteacher
lysie

Yeah, I've seen where several of the spoiler/mags people are saying that someone (be it NBC or Sony) stepped in shortly after TomSell started & "slapped their wrists".

So I'm betting we'll be seeing changes across the board in the next month or so.
If this is true, thank goodness, because this show took a nosedive last week.

Even though this Nick story doesn't make any sense, I do like that it's causing some Horton family turmoil.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

six
Aug 27 2012, 12:21 PM
SoapGal1
lysie
magicsteacher

Even though this Nick story doesn't make any sense, I do like that it's causing some Horton family turmoil.
I don't think this week's going to be any better either.

Hope they acted quickly!

badaddiction
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
lysie
magicsteacher
lysie

But is that shortly after they started taping THEIR stuff, or was it before their stuff came into play, i.e., their outline and their scripts???

lysie
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Aug 27 2012, 12:30 PM
SoapGal1
lysie
magicsteacher

But is that shortly after they started taping THEIR stuff, or was it before their stuff came into play, i.e., their outline and their scripts???
We can only guess. I think what's airing is NBC. But that's my guess.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

six
Aug 27 2012, 12:21 PM
SoapGal1
lysie
magicsteacher

This is what confuses me. Didn't tptb hire Tomsell? Didn't they have a say in and approve their story ideas and isn't that why TomSell was told no dream sequence of the last year? So why don't these execs have their act together and get set on a direction for Days? They are going to end up driving fans away with this back and forth garbage.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 27 2012, 12:34 PM
badaddiction
Aug 27 2012, 12:30 PM
SoapGal1
lysie

We can only guess. I think what's airing is NBC. But that's my guess.
I wouldn't put it past them. To actually re-hire the team that brought you bad ratings boggles the mind. I wasn't crazy about MarDar, but TomSell ain't no savior of a soap. It's all rather damned if you do, damned if you don't for the ratings and the audience.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply