Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of August 27th; *updated 8/23*
Topic Started: Aug 16 2012, 11:01 AM (35,501 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 27 2012, 12:36 PM
six
Aug 27 2012, 12:21 PM
SoapGal1
Aug 27 2012, 12:15 PM
lysie
Aug 27 2012, 12:06 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Yeah, I've seen where several of the spoiler/mags people are saying that someone (be it NBC or Sony) stepped in shortly after TomSell started & "slapped their wrists".

So I'm betting we'll be seeing changes across the board in the next month or so.
If this is true, thank goodness, because this show took a nosedive last week.

Even though this Nick story doesn't make any sense, I do like that it's causing some Horton family turmoil.
This is what confuses me. Didn't tptb hire Tomsell? Didn't they have a say in and approve their story ideas and isn't that why TomSell was told no dream sequence of the last year? So why don't these execs have their act together and get set on a direction for Days? They are going to end up driving fans away with this back and forth garbage.
Because there are three separate powers that be and they all have separate agendas and separate plans.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 27 2012, 12:34 PM
badaddiction
Aug 27 2012, 12:30 PM
SoapGal1
lysie

Yeah, I've seen where several of the spoiler/mags people are saying that someone (be it NBC or Sony) stepped in shortly after TomSell started & "slapped their wrists".

So I'm betting we'll be seeing changes across the board in the next month or so.
But is that shortly after they started taping THEIR stuff, or was it before their stuff came into play, i.e., their outline and their scripts???
We can only guess. I think what's airing is NBC. But that's my guess.
This is totally MY guess based on what I've seen or been told by people who supposedly are privy to spoilers/insider info..

I think this is TomSell & that we'll see a shift in the weeks/month to come & that will be NBC & /or Sony.

Again, this is just MY GUESS.

lysie
Member Avatar

And just to be clear, I think this is NBC because MA said in Atlanta that they had intervened and they were just then about to film what's currently airing.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
They are going to end up driving fans away with this back and forth garbage.
IMO, this past week is where we're going to see the fans dropping like flies.

The return from the CH did pretty well & brought in new viewers but the brake neck turns that were taken this past week won't keep them.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
six
SoapGal1
lysie

Even though this Nick story doesn't make any sense, I do like that it's causing some Horton family turmoil.
This is what confuses me. Didn't tptb hire Tomsell? Didn't they have a say in and approve their story ideas and isn't that why TomSell was told no dream sequence of the last year? So why don't these execs have their act together and get set on a direction for Days? They are going to end up driving fans away with this back and forth garbage.
My guess is, once they said no dream sequence, TomSell begrudgingly agreed, but then found a way to circumvent that edict, which is why we have this goodness awful soap version of back to the future crap.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Deleted because double posts won't make my point any more acceptable or logical.
Edited by badaddiction, Aug 27 2012, 12:42 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 27 2012, 12:39 PM
And just to be clear, I think this is NBC because MA said in Atlanta that they had intervened and they were just then about to film what's currently airing.
So in Atlanta MA had already filmed his "death"?

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Aug 27 2012, 12:41 PM
Deleted because double posts won't make my point any more acceptable or logical.
I just thought you were trying to beat it into us. ;)

six
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
six
SoapGal1
lysie

Soap execs never seem to know what fans want. These are the same execs who hired the people who just got fired. They're probably largely the same people who hired DH after OLTL ran her off of their show, and after she'd already failed at being Days' head writer before. There's no logical explanation for why any of these things would be a good idea.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Aug 27 2012, 12:44 PM
lysie
I thought someone said that the taping of the CH scenes would happen AFTER the Atlanta event. IIRC, Everyone was returning back to work the following week, with the exception of GG. He was to have an additional week off.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

SoapGal1
lysie
magicsteacher
Aug 27 2012, 12:02 PM
lysie
Aug 27 2012, 11:49 AM

Are we talking characters, storylines, couples, constant use of the same few characters? Just curious as to your thoughts/ideas..
Oh. I think all of it. I'm not convinced they've settled on a direction yet because we still haven't heard from them about the changes really. I could be wrong, but I think we're in for a lot of back and forth nonsensical writing over the next few months. So if you're unhappy with something now, I think there's a good chance it will change soon.

Please oh please let this be true. :pray:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Aug 27 2012, 12:47 PM
SoapGal1
lysie
I thought someone said that the taping of the CH scenes would happen AFTER the Atlanta event. IIRC, Everyone was returning back to work the following week, with the exception of GG. He was to have an additional week off.
Soc??

Lys???

Y'all were there, what's the scoop?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

SoapGal1
lysie
I don't think so. I think he'd seen the script or at least a general breakdown because he said to me that he was happy they were having him be 'heroic' and then he said he planned to do the best job he could with the material he was given.

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
lysie
No. Week before

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Totally OT:

I gotta say, it feels good to be back on the apathetic train, again. I was almost pulled back into caring due my enjoyment of the CH, but you know what? TomSell cured me of that idiocy. Who says they're not good at somethin ;) g?!

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 27 2012, 12:53 PM
SoapGal1
lysie
I don't think so. I think he'd seen the script or at least a general breakdown because he said to me that he was happy they were having him be 'heroic' and then he said he planned to do the best job he could with the material he was given.
Agree. I think the actors all intimated that they had seen scripts through the CH and knew what was happening to that point, but really knew nothing much beyond that point.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I am with the poster that commented on interesting spoilers, but not interesting enough to come back and make them watch and the poster that predicted that this week, NBC will see the viewership drop like flies.

I read these posts after I made my choice to stop watching (Monday, Aug 27th epi). I felt the same way about DAYS. TomSell's shift is now on and I am having trouble get invested in any of their SLs. I hate short SL arcs with MB leaving or NB & BB coming, but only for a short stint, makes me think ED is in the same boat. I much prefer a long SL that encompasses most Salemites. No BOPE or Jarlena for so many weeks now and........ I am already in Jack withdrawl... so tell me what is there to hang on to? Nick getting in or out of jail is just not enough for me to make time to watch. TPTB are getting too character focused right now. I hate it!
Edited by Dreamer, Aug 27 2012, 03:37 PM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Dreamer
Aug 27 2012, 03:36 PM
TomSell's shift is now on and I am having trouble get invested in any of their SLs. I hate short SL arcs with MB leaving or NB & BB coming, but only for a short stint, makes me think ED is in the same boat. I much prefer a long SL that encompasses most Salemites. No BOPE or Jarlena for so many weeks now and........ I am already in Jack withdrawl... so tell me what is there to hang on to? Nick getting in or out of jail is just not enough for me to make time to watch. TPTB are getting too character focused right now. I hate it!
I don't like the focus on a few specific characters, and a complex umbrella story would be nice, but I actually don't mind the short stints. It makes me think there may be more planning happening in the writers' room, and it gives the show more flexibility instead of locking in a huge cast for a long time. And it introduces actual uncertainty about what will happen next, which is important to do somehow, if you're going to have an audience that is invested in the show.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I'm bracing myself for Dannifer's first scenes. Watching their "uneasiness" is going to make me squeasy. :puke: :puke:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply