Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, Aug. 17th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 16 2012, 01:37 PM (10,321 Views)
anya
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Aug 18 2012, 11:31 AM
Boy!!!! What a way to start my weekend the last scene on DAYS was of Rafe, a perfect specimen of a man also Hot and Sexy as hell! Canít wait until Monday to see where SAFE is going! :wub: will be in the air!
I respectfully disagree. I erased everything else I typed. :cheers:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

specialcases
Member Avatar

was that Jaleesa from A Different World telling Nicole not to have sex?!

Kali
Member Avatar

Yes, I believe it was.

concerned
Member Avatar

Kali
Aug 17 2012, 06:39 AM
emma mia
Aug 17 2012, 06:34 AM
Kali
Aug 17 2012, 06:32 AM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Aug 16 2012, 10:56 PM
Looking forward to the Safe scenes that will be coming up on Monday. Rafe catching Sami at the end of Friday's show makes me actually want to watch Monday's episode. :cheer:
I'm excited for Monday, too! I'm curious about how Rafe found them and what he's going to think of Sami being all sexied up for EJ, when the whole basis of Safe's relationship was Rafe protecting her from the fearsome EJ DiMera. I think they'll have a lot to talk about!
and I love that Sami stays loyal to EJ; if Rafe got to handcuff her to a chair she aint talking. lol
I agree! And I love that, too! I don't know why Rafe is always handcuffing people to try to get them do what he wants. Didn't he do the same thing to Calliope?
If I was faced with being stuck in the same room with Rafe for an extended period of time I'ld do whatever it took to get the hell out of there.

concerned
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Aug 17 2012, 08:21 AM
Rafe needs to move on, who cares if him and Sami gets closure. They were boring anyway, I will not mind to see Rafe be with Hope but I know that is an unpopular opinion :P
Totally agree with 17 of your words.

concerned
Member Avatar

Dolly
Aug 18 2012, 02:28 AM
Kali
emma mia
Kali

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
and I love that Sami stays loyal to EJ; if Rafe got to handcuff her to a chair she aint talking. lol
I agree! And I love that, too! I don't know why Rafe is always handcuffing people to try to get them do what he wants. Didn't he do the same thing to Calliope?
And remember Rafe doing the same to Anna. He was cruel to Anna.

I want Anna to come back and get revenge on Rafe.
I want Anna back too.... thought there was a small chance while Princess Carrie was around .

Becki

I just watched Fridays episode. Good Lord, did Daniel call Maggie "Mom" enough? I swear when Daniel was talking to Maggie, he said "Mom" like every few seconds in conversation. Did anyone else notice this?

Sorry if this has already been brought up, but I read a thread from the last page to the first page sometimes. Yes I know it's weird to read it that way!
Edited by Becki, Aug 18 2012, 09:45 PM.

specialcases
Member Avatar

Becki
Aug 18 2012, 09:40 PM
I just watched Fridays episode. Good Lord, did Daniel call Maggie "Mom" enough? I swear when Daniel was talking to Maggie, he said "Mom" like every few seconds in conversation. Did anyone else notice this?

Sorry if this has already been brought up, but I read a thread from the last page to the first page sometimes. Yes I know it's weird to read it that way!
yes, it was ridiculous

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

concerned
Aug 18 2012, 06:29 PM
Kali
emma mia
Kali

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
If I was faced with being stuck in the same room with Rafe for an extended period of time I'ld do whatever it took to get the hell out of there.
Word. He is near the top of my list of most hated characters on this show. His character is a total snoozefest made even more horrific based on GG's inability to emote.

Be evil, be mean, be angelic, be conniving, be saintly; whatever. Just don't be boring! (I'm looking you Rafe and Roman.)

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Quote:

So, let me make sure I undersstand this correctly --- Sami has gone on the run with EJ, leaving Lucas to take care of the children? Allie, Johnny, & Sidney, the last two who actually belong to EJ & Sami? I can't say that I'd blame Lucas in the least if he dropped Johnny & Sidney off at social services.
Will said he'd watch the kids, currently they're at Grandma's and I'd hate to think that Lucas would take Johnny & Syd to children's services because they're not his, it's not like he hasn't been around them since he's been back in Salem.

Quote:

I'm happy for the EJami fans, but .... my poor Lumi

Yeah, they are really throwing poor Lucas under the bus.
What's Lucas doing that's OOC?

Quote:

I thought he would have shown up earlier in the eppy but it was a pleasant surprise that we ended up getting sooo much EJAMI and his mug only at the very end.
I thought it was TomSells way of throwing us into a cold shower after all that EJami hotness.
Edited by SpriteEyes, Aug 19 2012, 05:40 AM.

Cerulean
Member Avatar

Just finished a Days marathon, and I have to admit I'd pretty much given up on the EJami dynamic being properly written for, and I'm floored that this is TomSell's first official script. :chee: I agree that Sami juggling three men is a muchness, but I've always shared EJ's belief that Lucas and Rafe were Sami's safe distractions, so she could hide her feelings for the one man she felt she should hate. So unsurprisingly, I don't see her change of attitude coming out of nowhere - it's been building for the last six years, and even Sami's attempt at murder was all about removing temptation, IMO. Now at least one of the guy's in Sami's orbit needs to move out, and I sincerely hope it's Rafe. Why not try him with Kayla or Billie? Or have TPTB rethink letting Christie go. No way should the audience miss out on Kate torturing Austin's cheating spouse, and the biggest problem with Cafe was the writing. Personality-wise, the two were a good fit. :toetap:

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Cerulean
Aug 19 2012, 10:22 AM
Just finished a Days marathon, and I have to admit I'd pretty much given up on the EJami dynamic being properly written for, and I'm floored that this is TomSell's first official script. :chee: I agree that Sami juggling three men is a muchness, but I've always shared EJ's belief that Lucas and Rafe were Sami's safe distractions, so she could hide her feelings for the one man she felt she should hate. So unsurprisingly, I don't see her change of attitude coming out of nowhere - it's been building for the last six years, and even Sami's attempt at murder was all about removing temptation, IMO. Now at least one of the guy's in Sami's orbit needs to move out, and I sincerely hope it's Rafe. Why not try him with Kayla or Billie? Or have TPTB rethink letting Christie go. No way should the audience miss out on Kate torturing Austin's cheating spouse, and the biggest problem with Cafe was the writing. Personality-wise, the two were a good fit. :toetap:
I think I'll marry this post and have it's babies.

I've seen the relationship with all these characters pretty much the same way.

Rafe and Billie? I guess two negatives might result in a positive but so far, the only other character I've seen Rafe work well with is Carrie. She doesn't have to change anything about her except her marital status.
Edited by SpriteEyes, Aug 19 2012, 10:30 AM.

SassyLady
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Aug 18 2012, 08:05 AM

I don't think Sami and EJ abandoned their kids anymore than anyone else who has left town or sent them off to year around boarding school.

They're with their grandma, not left home alone.
Exactly! Having kids never stopped Bo & Hope, John & Marlena.........any of the supercouples (or non-supercouples) from going on their adventures and giving us some of DOOL's best stories. When Marlena said she was sending Sami and Eric to her parents in Colorado for their protection-of course I raised my eyebrow at that. As if Stefano wouldn't be able to get to them there if he wanted them? I knew what the show was doing-they can't show the kids all the time and although Marlena's reasoning wasn't "real life illogical", it made "soap sense" in that it showed she cared for her kids.

I applaud Sami for insisting she go on the run with EJ to find evidence to prove he is innocent, thus making sure her kids aren't deprived of their father for years.

Cerulean
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 17 2012, 10:10 AM
Vicky4Mimi
Aug 17 2012, 09:49 AM
I hope Gary Tl can fix this mess. He was actually on the road to make Sami almost normal before he left last time!
Which was one of his biggest mistakes. Of all the characters on this show Sami should not be 'made normal'. The Marlena-ization of Sami left her unrecognizable, in my opinion. Fortunately Tomlin is a writer rather than EP this time - so his opinions and preferences will carry a little less weight. Thank God.
ITA. Sami being "made normal" was a ginormous mistake. Sami, Nicole and EJ are my reasons for watching, and I have zilch desire to see any of them become run-of-the-mill. Flesh out motivations, make sure some kind moments balance their often selfish machinations, but ordinary is the LAST thing any of the three should ever be. If Days wants a typical heroine, bring back Carrie or Belle, cast Sarah Horton, or clean up the hatch job Dena did on Chloe, but leave Nicole and Sami out of it. :glare:

Cerulean
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Aug 19 2012, 10:28 AM
Cerulean

Rafe and Billie? I guess two negatives might result in a positive but so far, the only other character I've seen Rafe work well with is Carrie. She doesn't have to change anything about her except her marital status.
Thanks, but you're changing all the diapers, or carting the kids over to Grandma Caroline's. :D

SassyLady
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Aug 19 2012, 05:02 AM
Quote:

I thought he would have shown up earlier in the eppy but it was a pleasant surprise that we ended up getting sooo much EJAMI and his mug only at the very end.
I thought it was TomSells way of throwing us into a cold shower after all that EJami hotness.
I've seen a couple of things over the last few weeks that smelled of some GT tweaks where Rafe was concerned so this didn't surprise me. That's not to say that I didn't want to barf upon seeing his face at the end of what was an otherwise great week. Cold shower is exactly what it felt like and while I can't wait to see the EJ and Ian scenes, I'll pass on the hideout scenes :x .

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Wow, well I guess we know what Tomsell thinks of Pregnancy sex between Nic/Dan. They put the smack down on that only 2 days into the job. Ouch!

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

concerned
Aug 18 2012, 06:32 PM
JamesScott_19
Aug 17 2012, 08:21 AM
Rafe needs to move on, who cares if him and Sami gets closure. They were boring anyway, I will not mind to see Rafe be with Hope but I know that is an unpopular opinion :P
Totally agree with 17 of your words.
17 of my words? :lol: :lol:

:cheers:

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

SassyLady
Aug 19 2012, 10:38 AM
SpriteEyes
Aug 19 2012, 05:02 AM
Quote:

I've seen a couple of things over the last few weeks that smelled of some GT tweaks where Rafe was concerned so this didn't surprise me. That's not to say that I didn't want to barf upon seeing his face at the end of what was an otherwise great week. Cold shower is exactly what it felt like and while I can't wait to see the EJ and Ian scenes, I'll pass on the hideout scenes :x .
I've seen them and I'm glad I did or else I'd have gotten the wrong impression by simply reading the write-up.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Cerulean
Aug 19 2012, 10:34 AM
SpriteEyes
Aug 19 2012, 10:28 AM
Cerulean

Thanks, but you're changing all the diapers, or carting the kids over to Grandma Caroline's. :D
Nahh, I'll take a page out of all the good parents in Salem and send'm to boarding school.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply