Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for August 6-10, 2012; All ratings were up
Topic Started: Aug 17 2012, 08:34 PM (1,286 Views)
talbab1994
Member Avatar

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) Ratings Report for the Week of August 6-10, 2012

NOTE: DAYS did not air due to the Olympics
Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,314,000 (+122,000/-273,000)
2. B&B 3,168,000 (+78,000/+222,000)
3. GH 2,316,000 (+52,000/-257,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/9 (+.1/-.1)
2. B&B 2.3/7 (+.1/+.2)
3. GH 1.7/5 (same/-.2)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 799,000 (+1,000/-76,000)
2. B&B 618,000 (-7,000/+60,000)
3. GH 599,000 (+46,000/-154,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.2/8 (same/-.1) < ties low (2nd straight week)
2. B&B 1.0/6 (same/+.2)
3. GH 0.9/5 (same/-.2)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. GH 0.6 (+.1/-.1)
2. Y&R 0.5 (-.1/-.1) < ties low
3. B&B 0.4 (same/same)

Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 911,000 (+56,000/-86,000)
2. B&B 695,000 (+77,000/+102,000)
3. GH 436,000 (-24,000/-9,000)

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2012/08/ratings-all-soaps-up-in-total-viewers-3
Edited by talbab1994, Aug 17 2012, 08:35 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I can't understand B&B going up. The Y&R stuff is like a train wreck you can't turn your head from. But B&B and the "new" eternal triangle? It's beyond boring. I gave GH a try yesterday but didn't know who so many of the characters were. I don't mind teen and young adult characters but besides Alexis's daughters and Starr from OLTL, I didn't know who some of these people were supposed to be. That's my own fault for giving up so long ago.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I can always gauge how good or how bad Y & R is by my parents-- both have watched since day 1. (Both Mom and Dad! :) ) When both are telling me how bad the show is and how they aren't even watching anymore, I know it's got to be really bad. I haven't watched B & B for a long while-- I have always really liked Stephanie's storylines-- when she was sick -- and since it's all about the younger 3, I don't have any reason to watch. GH -- I have liked as of late. I like the fact that it's not completely about Sonny, Carly and Jason. They are actually mixing it up. Honestly, though, even when you look at the ratings, there are not stellar. It is kind of nice to see the bump, even with the Olympics being on too. I think it's going to be interesting to see how Days does next week with the aftermath of the Daysaster or whateve the heck it's called! LOL

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

talbab1994
Aug 18 2012, 07:04 AM
I can always gauge how good or how bad Y & R is by my parents-- both have watched since day 1. (Both Mom and Dad! :) ) When both are telling me how bad the show is and how they aren't even watching anymore, I know it's got to be really bad. I haven't watched B & B for a long while-- I have always really liked Stephanie's storylines-- when she was sick -- and since it's all about the younger 3, I don't have any reason to watch. GH -- I have liked as of late. I like the fact that it's not completely about Sonny, Carly and Jason. They are actually mixing it up. Honestly, though, even when you look at the ratings, there are not stellar. It is kind of nice to see the bump, even with the Olympics being on too. I think it's going to be interesting to see how Days does next week with the aftermath of the Daysaster or whateve the heck it's called! LOL
Stephanie was the "GOLD" on B&B. To a certain degree, so was Sally Spectra. But the show still has Stephanie to work with so they ought to "make hay while the sun shines".

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I must be the weird one because I started watching B&B for the 1st time ever back in Sept. and I freaking love it. In fact, it's probably my favorite US soap right now. IMO, it's probably the closest thing on the air to the classic 1980s soaps. I freaking LOVE IT! Is it perfect? Fuck no, but dammit if this show doesn't use traditional romance soap tropes & tricks to its advantage with long, lingering camera shots on faces full of emotion and impactful reaction shots. And I think that Liam/Steffy are probalby my favorite couple/potential couple from all the US soaps at the moment. I freaking LOVE THEM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Matt
Aug 18 2012, 08:37 AM
I must be the weird one because I started watching B&B for the 1st time ever back in Sept. and I freaking love it. In fact, it's probably my favorite US soap right now. IMO, it's probably the closest thing on the air to the classic 1980s soaps. I freaking LOVE IT! Is it perfect? Fuck no, but dammit if this show doesn't use traditional romance soap tropes & tricks to its advantage with long, lingering camera shots on faces full of emotion and impactful reaction shots. And I think that Liam/Steffy are probalby my favorite couple/potential couple from all the US soaps at the moment. I freaking LOVE THEM.
The biggest problem I have with Liam, Hope and Steffy is that it's overload now with them. I want to see more than just them in the spotlight. I think that this is an age old problem-- you want to show off your popular pairings but I don't think TPTB have learned balance. Honestly, this is happening in all of the soaps and for me, that's a huge turnoff.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I completely agree Matt. B&B somehow always grabs me in. Is it perfect? Not by a long-shot.

I kinda prefer the half-hour format, also. I wish all soaps were a half hour (well, not now considering how few there are). I just can't sit through an hour (well, actually, don't they all really run like 35-36 minutes without commercials?) anymore. As frantic as B&B is with their storytelling, they have a core, and they use it well.

However, I do agree the triangle from hell is on too much. Even when Brooke/Ridge/Taylor dominated, there were still other actual storylines going on. I was reading recaps from 1993 (http://www.boldbeautifulfan.com/bnbarchv.htm) and while the core is used a ton (didn't Brad Bell start in 1992/1993 full-time?), there's still other things going on. Anyway ... back on topic! LOL.

It's nice to see the ratings go up for each soap, in some form. I am glad that Y&R is dropping in women 18-49. I bet that played a hand in the behind the scenes changes. Hasn't it been dropping regularly for a while now?
Edited by KMan101, Aug 18 2012, 09:15 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Brad Bell became HW in 1994.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

The production values and style of B&B are great. It's the over emphasis on that one triangle.

blueskies
Member Avatar

It'll be interesting to see what that two week break did to Days ratings. I admit, I'm pretty nervous.

CoronaDays
Member Avatar

Wow, I'm surprised by the huge bump in the B&B ratings but I get it. If I'm not watching Days, I'm watching B&B. I don't mind the Steffy/Liam/Hope storyline anymore as I've gotten used to it but they sure do have a great cast - top class talent for sure.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply