Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Horror Story: Asylum; News and Previews
Topic Started: Aug 17 2012, 09:36 PM (2,207 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I can't wait!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Thomson
Member Avatar

Thomson
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

These look amazing - very arty, but they tell us zip about the upcoming season! Teaser indeed...

Nevertheless, amped for season 2

Kenny
Member Avatar

lysie
Member Avatar

I think I like that last one best.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Thomson
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The teasers from the first season were definitely scarier.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kenny
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kenny
Member Avatar

EW: An Exclusive Tour Inside 'American Horror Story: Asylum'

Posted Image

How does American Horror Story top a first season that included a ghost in a rubber fetish suit, a Frankenstein-like monster baby dressed in a Christening gown, and Dylan McDermott’s bare buttocks? It heads to a loony bin run by nuns! Well, and it also introduces aliens, Nazis, and a serial killer named Bloody Face who wears a mask made out of his victims skin along with a black nightie and opera length gloves. Oh, and, just for good measure, the lead singer of Maroon 5 shows up. “It is absolutely terrifying. Very gruesome,” says frontman Adam Levine of American Horror Story: Asylum. “And what’s great about the fact that it’s on FX is that you can go too far. You can do really unorthodox, crazy things that people are going to talk about.” Adds co-creator Ryan Murphy, “I don’t think people tune in to the show because they want My Dinner With Andre. I think they want to be scared. I’m just writing what I would like to see. I’m scared of aliens and I’m scared of Nazis and I’m scared of nuns. So it’s the perfect stew of horror and fear.”

This week, Entertainment Weekly takes you EXCLUSIVELY behind the highly secretive, super wild new installment of AHS, appropriately subtitled Asylum. “We are going Ryan Murphy-style all the way to the crazy house,” says star Sarah Paulson. While some of last year’s cast are returning (Paulson, Jessica Lange, Evan Peters, Zachary Quinto, Lily Rabe), they will be playing entirely new roles in an entirely new storyline set within an asylum for the criminally insane called Briarcliff Manor. “Every year of the show is a different miniseries, and there will be several chapters,” explains co-creator Ryan Murphy. “You need as your leading man or leading lady an institution to haunt.” Adds co-creator Brad Falchuk, “To me, last year was a family drama. This is our version of a workplace drama.”

This particular workplace is run by a wickedly stern nun named Sister Jude (Lange) who is surrounded by a cast of characters ranging from a possible former Nazi, Dr. Arden (James Cromwell), to nymphomaniac patient Shelley (Chloe Sevigny). But Sister Jude is also quite a troubled woman with a dark past that will resurface. “If I were playing a straitlaced nun, start to finish, I can’t say that would interest me too much,” says Lange. “What’s great are the extremes. To go from where she was and where she’s getting to, that’s what’s going to be interesting.”

Kenny
Member Avatar

American Horror Story 2: Meet The Characters

Posted Image

Sister Jude (Jessica Lange)
After a game-changingly merciless freshman season that netted 17 Emmy nods, co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have packed up L.A.'s Murder House and relocated the series to Briarcliff, a Massachusetts mental institution. Though Asylum, which is largely set in 1964, introduces a whole new crop of characters, one of the most anticipated returning players is Lange. After scoring a Golden Globe for her portrayal of Constance Langdon in season 1, Lange now takes on Sister Jude, a nun who's more sadistic than saintly.

Posted Image

Dr. Thredson (Zachary Quinto)
Quinto stood out in season 1 as Chad, the gay former Murder House owner who battled with Constance over the new owners' unborn child. This season, Quinto will once again tangle with Lange when the Star Trek actor portrays a psychiatrist whose forward-thinking ways conflict with Sister Jude's management style.

Posted Image

Dr. Arden (James Cromwell)
He may appear harmless, but the not-so-good doctor is behind one of the season's newest frights: the Raspers. The mutated humans lurk in the forest outside of the institution and are a product of Arden's diabolical experiments on Briarcliff's inmates. Oh, and Arden may or may not be a Nazi, so think about that the next time you're watching Babe.

Posted Image

Sister Eunice (Lily Rabe)
After playing Nora Montgomery, mother of the infamous Infantata, last season, Rabe ramps up her relationship to Lange as second-in-command Sister Eunice. Eunice may seem to be a bit dense, but Rabe promises there's more to her.

Posted Image

Monsignor Timothy O'Hara (Joseph Fiennes)
Sister Jude's superior finds himself on the receiving end of the nun's affections (and fantasies), but he's not entirely innocent. Not unlike the red lingerie under Jude's habit, there are dark intentions under Msgr. O'Hara's grace and piety.

Posted Image

Leo (Adam Levine)
For his TV acting debut, the Maroon 5 singer — perhaps the most anxiously awaited newcomer of season 2 — will play one half of a newlywed couple visiting modern-day Briarcliff. If you thought Rubber Man was a formidable foe, wait until you meet the Big Bad whose attention Leo draws. Let's just say, this adversary effectively kills the honeymoon romance. And, since this is American Horror Story, it's safe to guess that's only the start.

Posted Image

Teresa (Jenna Dewan Tatum)
Mrs. Channing Tatum plays the second half of Asylum's high-profile newlywed couple. She may look fierce here, but something tells us it won't be long before she'll be screaming in terror.

Posted Image

Kit (Evan Peters)
Peters has gotten rid of the shaggy blonde hair (and rubber suit) he donned to play Constance's dead son Tate in season 1. This year, he'll be subject to Sister Jude's brutal punishment (read: shackles, canes). One of the newest Briarcliff inmates, Kit is committed after being accused of murdering his wife (played by Britne Olford), though he claims she was abducted — and not by humans.

Posted Image

Lana (Sarah Paulson)
The psychic powers of Paulson's season 1 character Billie Dean Howard are gone, but the actress still plays a character with intuition. Lesbian journalist Lana is committed to the asylum by her own girlfriend after she nearly exposes Briarcliff's darkest secrets.

Posted Image

Shelley (Chloë Sevigny)
The Big Love veteran plays nymphomaniac inmate Shelley. Little else is known about the character, but the actress promises season 2 will be just as fun and crazy as the first. Emphasis on the crazy, of course.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kenny
Member Avatar

The second season sounds just as bizarre and twisted as the first. I can't wait!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm on pins and needles waiting for this new season to start. It looks amazing. Love the EW cover!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Titles and airdates for the first 5 episodes of American Horror Story: Asylum.

Oct 17, 2012: 201 “Welcome to Briarcliff”
Oct 24, 2012: 202 “Tricks and Treats”
Oct 31, 2012: 203 “Nor’easter”
Nov 7, 2012: 204 “I am Anne Frank Part 1”
Nov 14, 2012: 205: “I am Anne Frank Part 2”

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting all this Kenneth.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply