Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Survivor: Phillippines' Cast Revealed!; Includes a former sitcom star and baseball MVP!
Topic Started: Aug 20 2012, 11:52 AM (566 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/20/survivor-philippines-cast-lisa-whelchel-jeff-kent/

Posted Image

The new cast of Survivor: Philippines:

Kalabaw tribe
Sarah Dawson
Insurance Sales
Silver Spring, Md.

Katie Hanson
Former Miss Delaware
Newark, Del.

Jeff Kent
Former baseball MVP
Austin, Tex.

Dana Lambert
Cosmetologist
Winston-Salem, N.C.

Carter Williams
Track Coach
Shawnee, Kan.

Tandang tribe
Abi-Maria Gomes
Business Student
Los Angeles, Calif.

Roberta “R.C.” Saint-Armour
Investment Banker
New York, N.Y.

Artis Silvester
Computer Engineer
Terry Town, La.

Lisa Whelchel
Former “Facts of Life” Actress
Dallas, Tex.

Pete Yurkowski
Engineering Graduate
Holmdel, N.J.

Matsing tribe
Malcolm Freberg
Bartender
Hermosa Beach, Calif.

Zane Knight
Tire Repair
Danville, Va.

Angie Layton
Student
Provo, Utah

Roxanne “Roxy” Morris
Seminary Student
Brooklyn, N.Y.

Denise Stapley
Sex Therapist
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

A 1980s sitcom star and a major league baseball MVP will join 13 other new players — as well as three returning ones — when Survivor: Philippines premieres on CBS with a special 90-minute episode at 8 p.m. ET on Sept. 19.

Lisa Whelchel, best known as Blair Warner from The Facts of Life, will do something that preppy Blair never would have considered by volunteering to spend up to 39 days on a remote island. A huge Survivor fan, Whelchel openly campaigned to be on the show, and calls the chance to outwit, outplay and outlast a dream come true. “I’ve watched it from the very first episode, and had Survivor parties with my family,” Whelchel told EW on location before the game started. “A friend of mine said, ‘Let’s just film a little iPhone video of you and you can put it on your Twitter and ask all your followers to retweet it. And maybe they’ll contact you and know you want to be on the show.’ And that’s what happened!”

Whelchel even has a strategy on how to deal with her famous past. “I’m not going to volunteer it, but at the same time, even though there are a lot of young people and I’m sure they have no idea who Blair Warner is, there are some older people and even if only one knows it certainly will get around, so I won’t deny it.”

But Whelchel is not the only famous face that will be new to the island this year. Former National League Most Valuable Player Jeff Kent — another longtime fan — will also be playing for the million dollars. And he plans to bring that same fiery competitiveness he was known for in baseball to the island. “I’ve got a chip on my shoulder,” Kent said before the game began. “I hate to lose.” Like Whelchel, Kent is keeping his fingers crossed that his fellow players will be unaware of his athletic accomplishments. “You know, there are not many tall white guys with mustaches walking around still these days. I’m hoping my reputation’s not big enough that these people know who I am.”

'Survivor' Central: Get the latest news, photos, and more

The other new players include two beauty pageant winners (Miss Delaware and a Miss Teen Utah), a seminary student, and a sex therapist (see full list below, under the video player). The 15 newbies will be divided into three tribes — each of which will also welcome a returning player who was medically evacuated from a previous season. (The returning players will be revealed later this week.)

When it comes to other twists, the Do It Yourself challenges from last season will not be making a repeat appearance, and there will be a new wrinkle to the first hidden immunity idols. “They are hidden in plain sight,” says host Jeff Probst. “There’s actually a clue at the bottom of a rice jar that says, ‘The idol is hidden in plain sight. In fact, it’s right under your nose.’ And if they take the top of the rice tin off, they would find that is the idol. The top of the rice tin is the idol.” Sneaky!

As for the location in the Philippines, it was an edict from executive producer Mark Burnett that led to the show going to the Caramoan Islands for it’s 25th (and 26th) season. “It actually came as a slam-down from Burnett,” says Probst, “who said, ‘Get us back in the water.’ So we’re here in the Philippines, which is vintage Survivor, and I love it.” The location means an opportunity for challenges that can take place out in deep water — something the show has lacked since back in season 16 (Survivor: Micronesia — Fans vs. Favorites).

KMan101
Member Avatar

Wow, it's been that long for true water challenges?

Also, the returning players are well known ... I can post them here if people want to know?

KMan101
Member Avatar

Returning Players:

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by KMan101, Aug 20 2012, 12:22 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Also, Season 26 will have returning players ... many returning players. I'm excited for several of them. And one of them is returning from Season 25.

Season 26 Returning Players:

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

KMan101
Aug 20 2012, 12:38 PM
Also, Season 26 will have returning players ... many returning players. I'm excited for several of them. And one of them is returning from Season 25.

OMG! Forget Phillipines, I can't wait for this. LOL

Thanks for all the updates, KMan!

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

KMan101

:rolleyes: So sick and tired of this recycling past contestants.

Manny
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 20 2012, 12:50 PM
KMan101

:rolleyes: So sick and tired of this recycling past contestants.
I don't like when they do this "2 or 3 people return". But I always like a full on All Stars or FvF season, with many previous returning. Plus, the fact that their casting has really gone downhill and that they can't find a decent cast makes me wish old players coming back even more. Same goes for Big Brother.

So I can't wait for FvF2!

MTV's The Challenge taught me that bringing back old players can actually be awesome. Because that's what they do. All the time. And it's working. For like 20+ seasons. Plus it's always great to see old rivals clash over and over or see how certain friendships progress or dissolve.

With that said, if they can't find a decent new cast, then I am all for them bringing old people. But not just 2 or 3 like the recent seasons shit.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I agree. I'd much rather see either a full tribe of All-Stars vs. Noobs or a full All-Stars than just two or three returning players every other season. I think 3 times playing is the max I want to see someone play and even that's stretching it.

Tash
Member Avatar

One of the returning players I am actually very happy is returning, because they were taken out for medical reasons. I was a huge fan and wanted them to win. I am glad they are getting a chance to play again.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Aw, they're bringing back Michael from when I still watched this show (Season 1 - All Stars)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply