Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Santa Claus booked today!; It's Christmastime...in Salem (but August everywhere else)
Topic Started: Aug 21 2012, 10:45 PM (2,595 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

"Silver Bells, Silver Bells, It's Christmastime in...Salem"

Santa was booked today for his December guest shot. Looks like the real deal!!

http://resumes.breakdownexpress.com/222026-2392350

and, in all his Santa goodness... http://media.actorsaccess.com/photos/2007/34/print/9B88DC68-C09F-38A7-B72B86D4333CD814.jpg
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cupcake06

UGH!!!

Xmas.....Friggin Xmas!!!!

I sure hope the stories are somewhat decent.

Vicky4Mimi

That's awesome! Can you give us any Christmas clues about who is spending Christmas with who?? Thanks!

Jason47
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Aug 21 2012, 11:07 PM
Can you give us any Christmas clues about who is spending Christmas with who??
:coldb: 4 months early??? Me thinks not. :coldg:

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

lol Christmas? This show makes me want to turn into Scrooge in August. Damn. That guy looks awesome though, not gonna lie.

Jason47
Member Avatar

That was just the booking of Santa though. Looks like they will just miss out on taping Christmas before the 2-week hiatus in early September. So they should have through around December 20/21 taped by the end of the month. Then a 2-week break and back to taping Christmas week around September 17/18.

i<3ddjmalways
Member Avatar
What a beautiful couple!

Another two week hiatus? What's it for this time?

Ellie

i<3ddjmalways
Aug 21 2012, 11:36 PM
We're talking about taping, not the shows that air. It's a regularly scheduled break for Labor Day.

tylerbo20

Here's a spoiler no Doug Julie Bo only Sami rafe Dan Jen Maggie gabby are featured

i<3ddjmalways
Member Avatar
What a beautiful couple!

Ellie
Aug 21 2012, 11:40 PM
i<3ddjmalways
Aug 21 2012, 11:36 PM
We're talking about taping, not the shows that air. It's a regularly scheduled break for Labor Day.
Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up for me, Ellie. :)

Alin89
Member Avatar

horrible seriously this 3 month ahead of taping is a stupid and insane.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Freaking ridiculous. It's not even Labor Day but they've booked Old St. Nick. :shame:

Manny
Member Avatar

Why did they start taping so far in advance anyway?
It's ridiculous.

It hurts them so much, because they can't make any changes in writing, if they realize that something is not working with the viewers. So stupid.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

This is probably a dumb question but...given the long lead time, what happens if it gets canceled?

I mean, if they get a canned but have several months worth of footage filmed, it seems like we'll get screwed on a really well-executed endgame.

dooldooldool

The show is renewed through the start of the 2013 season, usually mid-September. I do have to wonder if the continuing acceleration of the tape schedule is part of that. We should hear at some point between now and January whether or not another renewal has happened.

If no renewal happens and the studio space they are using is in fact sold off/unavailable sometime early next year, the show will have banked enough episodes to get through until mid-September. If the show leaves the air before Labor Day 2013, they will pretty much be complete with taping shortly after the end is announced.

I think that is plausibly one reason why they haven't slowed things down and continue to tape so far in advance.

I actually think there will be a renewal and perhaps an announcement that the show will hit its 50-year anniversary, perhaps departing for good on 12-31-2015.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Please let this be for the hospital this year....we didn't get that last year and it would be great to see that.....hopefully we get someone like a Doug to read the Christmas Story too..

blueskies
Member Avatar

px780
Aug 22 2012, 02:13 AM
This is probably a dumb question but...given the long lead time, what happens if it gets canceled?

I mean, if they get a canned but have several months worth of footage filmed, it seems like we'll get screwed on a really well-executed endgame.

It's going to end up like Passions with a ridiculously rushed ending and certain characters not ending up together even though they should all because the writers say they didn't have enough time left to redeem their relationship believably.

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

blueskies
Aug 22 2012, 08:39 AM
px780

It's going to end up like Passions with a ridiculously rushed ending and certain characters not ending up together even though they should all because the writers say they didn't have enough time left to redeem their relationship believably.
Yeah, I hated that Luis and Sheridan didn't get back together before the ending!

This taping schedule is something. GH is much better. Kirsten Storms started back filming yesterday on that show, and she first airs on September 5th!

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Lucky
Aug 22 2012, 09:58 AM
blueskies
Aug 22 2012, 08:39 AM
px780

Yeah, I hated that Luis and Sheridan didn't get back together before the ending!

This taping schedule is something. GH is much better. Kirsten Storms started back filming yesterday on that show, and she first airs on September 5th!
Don't get me started on Shuis not getting together in the end. I'm still bitter. :flipoff:

Dolly

Seems they have picked a really good Santa for this year. Maybe it will be a special episode.

The show has been on fire lately. The writers are keeping all story lines interesting.

Just saying, I do believe that the show will be renewed.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply