Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings August 13-17: NBC Press Release
Topic Started: Aug 23 2012, 03:13 PM (3,974 Views)
Ellie

'DAYS OF OUR LIVES' EQUALS EIGHT-MONTH HIGHS AMONG WOMEN 18-49 AND 18-34

August 23, 2012

MATCHING ITS TOP RATINGS SINCE NOVEMBER, ‘DAYS’ TIES FOR #4 FOR THE WEEK IN WOMEN 18-49 AND TIES FOR #2 IN WOMEN 18-34

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – August 23, 2012 – “Days of our Lives” has returned from its two-week Olympic break to match the show’s highest women 18-49 and women 18-34 ratings in more than eight months.

For the week of August 13-17, "Days of our Lives" averaged a 0.9 rating, 6 share among women 18-49 and a 0.6 rating among women 18-34, to tie for #4 among network daytime series in the women 18-49 demographic and tie for #2 in the week’s women 18-34 race. The only network daytime series to top “Days’” 0.6 rating in women 18-34 last week was NBC’s “Today Show II,” which averaged a 0.7 from 9-10 p.m. ET

For the August 13-17 week, “Days” equaled the show’s highest women 18-49 and women 18-34 ratings since the week of November 21-25, 2011 (1.1 in women 18-49, 0.8 in women 18-34).

Season to date, "Days of our Lives" is tied for #6 in the women 18-49 category and tied for #1 in the women 18-34 demo.

Ratings reflect “live plus same day” data from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date figures are averages of “live plus seven day” data except for the two most recent weeks, which are “live plus same day.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

I'm shocked. Quite honestly I was expecting the ratings to drop dramatically because after two weeks I figured most people would lose the habit of watching. Great news for Days!!

lysie
Member Avatar

I'll be interested in the dailies and this week's ratings. Days usually does well with events like these but they struggle to maintain. They used to be able to stay doing well for a few weeks, but the last few times it's only been a day.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

If NBC is doing a press release about Days, imo that's a very very good sign.

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

“Days” equaled the show’s highest women 18-49 and women 18-34 ratings since the week of November 21-25, 2011

:wub:

Ireland98

greeneyedgirl
Aug 23 2012, 03:22 PM
“Days” equaled the show’s highest women 18-49 and women 18-34 ratings since the week of November 21-25, 2011

Woohoo! Go Days! I thought everything last week was great!

But I do believe a certain duo was featured a lot both last week and that week in November :wink:

lysie
Member Avatar

Ejami79
Aug 23 2012, 03:31 PM
greeneyedgirl

But I do believe a certain duo was featured a lot both last week and that week in November :wink:
If you're going to accept credit, be prepared to accept blame. ;)

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

blueskies
Aug 23 2012, 03:16 PM
I'm shocked. Quite honestly I was expecting the ratings to drop dramatically because after two weeks I figured most people would lose the habit of watching. Great news for Days!!
My fear is that if this is a very large spike and we don't know until the actual numbers come out that they will bottom out by Labor Day and lose the majority of what they gained in the next couple of weeks. That is what usually happens to Days when they gain a lot...they lose a lot weeks after....hoping they are able to sustain the gain, but if history proves anything, it's that they have a hard time doing that.

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 23 2012, 03:35 PM
Ejami79
greeneyedgirl

If you're going to accept credit, be prepared to accept blame. ;)
I'm used to the blame ;)

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I'm sorry but how is tying for 4th place great news?

salempc
Member Avatar

I was expecting a big jump for the return week, just like I'm expecting the return to the cellar that will happen within the weeks that follow, lol.

Ellie

Aliaron
Aug 23 2012, 03:39 PM
Well they got 2 in another category, but the point is that the Olympics didn't affect them, and the even larger point is that NBC is writing a press release touting the ratings of a show which many have been wondering if they even care about in the first place.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Great news! I thought the two week break might have been a killer - it's exciting to see that wasn't the case. I can't see where this is anything but fantastic news for DAYS. :D

Ellie

salempc
I was expecting a big jump for the return week...
That's not usually how it works - people "forget" the show that wasn't on and start to watch something else. It's usually a steep hill to climb to get back up to even where they were when the break started. So this is good news.

lysie
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Its all of daytime, not just soaps. I have no idea where they normally rank though.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ejami79
greeneyedgirl

They've been featured a lot together the past 4 months and have been front and center and the ratings haven't been all that great.
Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Ellie
Aug 23 2012, 03:40 PM
Aliaron
Well they got 2 in another category, but the point is that the Olympics didn't affect them, and the even larger point is that NBC is writing a press release touting the ratings of a show which many have been wondering if they even care about in the first place.
And if I'm reading the press release correctly they aren't saying they tied for 4th amongst other soaps but when compared to all network daytime programming - hence the reason the Today show was referenced.

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 23 2012, 03:42 PM
Ellie
Aug 23 2012, 03:40 PM
Aliaron
And if I'm reading the press release correctly they aren't saying they tied for 4th amongst other soaps but when compared to all network daytime programming - hence the reason the Today show was referenced.
They can't tie for 4th in soaps anyway.

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

Ok what is Today Show II??? Is that the one with Hoda and Kathy Lee?

Ellie

greeneyedgirl
Aug 23 2012, 03:46 PM
Ok what is Today Show II??? Is that the one with Hoda and Kathy Lee?
No. II is the third hour with Natalie Morales, and III is Kathie Lee and Hoda.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply