Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings August 13-17: NBC Press Release
Topic Started: Aug 23 2012, 03:13 PM (3,864 Views)
JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Great news for the show, hope they keep it up.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Great news for Days. Personally I found the Daysaster fallout episodes to be pretty entertaining. There was lots of good drama. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about this week which makes me worried we will see another temporary bounce. Last time around they only sustained the higher ratings for a week because they didn't build on the drama created by the big event and quickly returned to their regularly scheduled boring.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Aliaron
Aug 23 2012, 03:39 PM
I'm sorry but how is tying for 4th place great news?
Among network series...this includes everything, not just soaps.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

When was the last time DAYS snagged the #1 spot in Women 18-34? Hasn't Y&R dominated that for quite some time now?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

tomsawyer
Aug 23 2012, 03:55 PM
Great news for Days. Personally I found the Daysaster fallout episodes to be pretty entertaining. There was lots of good drama. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about this week which makes me worried we will see another temporary bounce. Last time around they only sustained the higher ratings for a week because they didn't build on the drama created by the big event and quickly returned to their regularly scheduled boring.
Yep - I completely agree. I haven't found the show to be maintaining the same level this week as I did last. And the shame of it is, there was plenty of momentum to focus on this week but it seems they simply chose not to. Jack's death should have had huge repercussions and it's been treated like an after thought - or a stage to show case the younger set. Madison wasn't a wildly popular character but her death should have gotten more play than it has - it's barely been recognized until today's show.

AHM

lysie
Aug 23 2012, 03:35 PM
Ejami79
Aug 23 2012, 03:31 PM
greeneyedgirl
Aug 23 2012, 03:22 PM
“Days” equaled the show’s highest women 18-49 and women 18-34 ratings since the week of November 21-25, 2011

:wub:
Woohoo! Go Days! I thought everything last week was great!

But I do believe a certain duo was featured a lot both last week and that week in November :wink:
If you're going to accept credit, be prepared to accept blame. ;)
Hey, I'm going to claim it was because Jack was finally on. So ratings should now be plummeting. ;)

But I do think TomSawyer's probably right. The big event garnered some ratings, but I think they'll quickly fall, because as SocrMum mentioned, things that should have heavy fallout aren't getting focus, and I see Tomsell going right back to what sucked last time they were around. We'll see, I guess. But it would be funny if MarDar's last credited week got the ratings and TomSell have a steep decline. I'm rather hoping for that, honestly. I don't want Tomlin writing this show's final year(s).
Edited by AHM, Aug 23 2012, 04:16 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Looks like the heroics of Jack Deveraux brought the ratings in ;)

lysie
Member Avatar

No one will convince me that it wasn't ALL Marlena vs the plate.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

How about Nicole and single-handedly rescuing herself! She needs to be on that show "I Survived!" LOL

DAYS usually has bumps, but then people tune out.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

If we're picking our favorite reason for a ratings increase, mine would be that people tuned in hoping for a bloodbath. They promised us pain, suffering, bloodshed, and death. People wanted to see them deliver on that promise; to see if maybe, possibly, Sami would actually hit the floor with a thud, that Melanie would be buried alive.

That was me, anyway. I wanted to see all these jerks bruised, bleeding, and clinging to life.

So...it doesn't really have to be a ratings increase for positive reasons, imho. When the lure is possible death, people don't always tune in rooting for survival...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

Great news for Days! That week didn't keep me glued from start to finish, but it was ok. I hope they continue to get good numbers. I know I've really enjoyed this week's shows & it wasn't because of any pairing. Things were finally happening & it held my interest.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I'm not surprised in the surge of rating results for DAYS. After the cliffhanger... and the new HWs finally taking over, DAYS fans in general old and new, would tune in to see what happened and where the show was heading. People like death and destruction.... tuning in was a no brainer, the bid test is, Can DAYS keep it up? They may get a better rating over the next few week of reports, but probably it will plateau at some point. It will be interesting to see how many old and new watchers stay on for the ride.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
Aug 23 2012, 04:22 PM
No one will convince me that it wasn't ALL Marlena vs the plate.
Nah, it was Lucas crying, that did it!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Interesting.

And Days made the point to connect it to the ratings in Nov 2011 or was that done by a soap outlet?

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Aug 23 2012, 05:44 PM
Interesting.

And Days made the point to connect it to the ratings in Nov 2011 or was that done by a soap outlet?
It was done by NBC, but they usually look back at the last time ratings hit a certain point when they do these press releases.

If you go even further back to the time before that, you get early 2011.

ShaneDOOLFan

DJsMommy
Aug 23 2012, 05:18 PM
Great news for Days! That week didn't keep me glued from start to finish, but it was ok. I hope they continue to get good numbers. I know I've really enjoyed this week's shows & it wasn't because of any pairing. Things were finally happening & it held my interest.
I agree with the above statement. The show was far from riveting, but all aspects and stories kept my interest this past week and the fallout week. There is a very good balance that wasnt there before with Marlene and Darrell and things are actually happening. Im going to give the show a chance. With that said, bring on the return of Kristen Blake, dont ruin this Days!

wezzie

Great news! Last week was a good week, ths week not so much. I hope they can keep things interesting.

arvani01

It will be interesting to see what the ratings are this week. DOOL is the only show that I know that can take a car off the German Autobahn and put it in a school zone. Just like in November after they hit their high, they move away from the stories that got them there and revert back to the same old boring story lines.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great news for DAYS!

Kansa
Member Avatar

We were chosen for a Nielsen survey very recently, and we named DAYS in our top three programs watched. Neat to see DAYS ratings up!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply