Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RUMOR REPORT: DC: Is Steve Burton Thisclose to Walking Away From GH?
Topic Started: Aug 23 2012, 07:22 PM (1,651 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Don't shoot the blogger. Multiple sources are telling me that General Hospital leading man Steve Burton is thisclose to leaving the ABC sudser. Burton began playing the role of Alan Quartermaine's (Stuart Damon) illegitimate son Jason in 1991.

In 1995, a car accident caused by his half brother AJ (Sean Kanan) left Jason brain damaged. This led to the character all but cutting ties with the ritzy, dysfunctional Q's and embarking on a life of mob-fueled crime as the wildly popular hitman Jason Morgan.

"Steve and ABC have been negotiating for quite some time and it doesn't look like he's going to stay," says one mole. " It's also no secret he's been talking about taking his family and moving back to Tennessee."

Keep checking back with Daytime Confidential as this story develops!

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2012/08/23/rumor-report-is-steve-burton-thisclose-to-walking-away-from-general-hospital?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!! Better yet take Sonny with you :wave:

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Would LOVE for this to be true--such big changes in the soap world this month! WOW!

TFP

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

:dance: :yahoo:

Let this be true.

Tammy
Member Avatar

:wave:

titan1978
Member Avatar

The last 5 years he has displayed none of the things that made the audience care about Jason. His brain was gone and about five years ago his heart seemed to go too. He used to be a really compelling character but I haven't enjoyed his work on the show in years.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

titan1978
Aug 23 2012, 09:03 PM
The last 5 years he has displayed none of the things that made the audience care about Jason. His brain was gone and about five years ago his heart seemed to go too. He used to be a really compelling character but I haven't enjoyed his work on the show in years.
I like to think everything is his dream (nightmare) since the accident in 1995. (Is that the right year?)

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

don't want him to leave but If SB want to and I have to respect his decision :)

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

titan1978
I think Somewhere in the last 5 years a lot of his acting ability left with his brain. Either that or he has been going through the motions so long he simply doesn't care anymore.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

He hasn't looked interested in his work since 2005/2006. I could care less if he stays or goes at this point to be honest. Only thing I liked him for was Liason, but the writers are determined to stick him with Sam.

Alin89
Member Avatar

I always thought TG would leave first.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Crazygirl
Aug 23 2012, 10:51 PM
titan1978
I think Somewhere in the last 5 years a lot of his acting ability left with his brain. Either that or he has been going through the motions so long he simply doesn't care anymore.
He could act?

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

^^Well he could blink really well.

Alin89
Member Avatar

maybe he wants to retire and be with his family.

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

SBu is possibly leaving?! :wave: :whee: :yahoo: :yahoo:

His best "acting" traits were his eye blinks & "Box o' Pain"

I think I'll do a happy dance....... LMAO

Posted Image

Posted Image

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

I really don't want SBu to leave, not now when Liason are closer than ever. But I'm preparing myself that he is. I'm just waiting for the announcement. I think he wants out, that he wants to be in Tennessee full-time with his family. I completely understand, I just hate the timing.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

Not going to be miss by me. In fact that's the best damn news I have heard in a long time. Hope this is true cause it frees my LIZ and SAM from the Borg. I will say I hope he isn't killed off since there are hardly any Quatermaines left.

happy
Member Avatar

:wave:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out! And please take Sonny with you?

I hope the 2 get carted off together to jail! Or we get to see Jason die a violent and painful death. That's what happens to mob goons!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply