Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings - Week Aug 13 to 17; Good week for DAYS
Topic Started: Aug 24 2012, 06:39 PM (3,445 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

These are considered good?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS is going to fall FOR SURE next week...the ratings for Wed to Fri are evidence of that.

Oh and while last week was certainly more exciting than the "reset" week...the ratings for the reset week WERE higher.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Maybe I'm reading too much into this comment by DH:

Quote:

Hall reported the news on Facebook, noting that she originally thought the gathering was called to announce the soap had been renewed.

"As I entered the stage and saw Greg (Meng, Days' co-executive producer), I was even more convinced," posted Hall

It sounds a little bit like they are expecting word on renewal. Wonder if it could be based on ratings for their first week back? Everyone involved would already know the numbers. Why would DH be expecting a renewal announcement unless there has been some discussion making her think one was forthcoming?

OliveAnn

gailwinters
Aug 26 2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:

Hall reported the news on Facebook, noting that she originally thought the gathering was called to announce the soap had been renewed.

"As I entered the stage and saw Greg (Meng, Days' co-executive producer), I was even more convinced," posted Hall

It sounds a little bit like they are expecting word on renewal. Wonder if it could be based on ratings for their first week back? Everyone involved would already know the numbers. Why would DH be expecting a renewal announcement unless there has been some discussion making her think one was forthcoming?
Isn't September the month when NBC makes the decision on the show's future? I know it's still August, but the time's approaching, so maybe that's why the renewal was the first thing that came to her head.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 25 2012, 09:47 PM
I definitely can't disagree with that...and is it me, or did you get a make over? ;)
She did!!

She's a whole new color now!!

Meanwhile, I agree, Days has to learn how to do a story not just an event.

I'm curious to see this past weeks ratings with all the Safe lovefest being crammed down the audience throat. My spidey senses say they will drop substantially.

lysie
Member Avatar

gailwinters

Quote:

I'm so glad you said this, lol. I've been meaning to comment on it since she said it, and I keep forgetting. It does sound like they're expecting something. I would hope they wouldn't make a decision based on one week, though. It sounds like something they would do, but I really hope that's not the case. Though, I also thought, they really don't do celebrations like they used to, so that might have just seemed like the only possible reason, lol.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 26 2012, 03:21 PM
gailwinters

Quote:

I'm so glad you said this, lol. I've been meaning to comment on it since she said it, and I keep forgetting. It does sound like they're expecting something. I would hope they wouldn't make a decision based on one week, though. It sounds like something they would do, but I really hope that's not the case. Though, I also thought, they really don't do celebrations like they used to, so that might have just seemed like the only possible reason, lol.
I'm happy to know I wasn't the only one who noticed that! It just struck me as odd that she would be expecting to hear about a renewal, since I've heard from multiple people that the September ratings would be extremely important for their renewal chances. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Cerulean
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Aug 26 2012, 02:09 AM
DAYS is going to fall FOR SURE next week...the ratings for Wed to Fri are evidence of that.

Oh and while last week was certainly more exciting than the "reset" week...the ratings for the reset week WERE higher.
Total viewers were higher for the cliffhanger by about 130,000 viewers. The demos were down a tenth, but last fall's reboot had several advantages - five extremely popular returning vets, not airing after a two week hiatus (casual viewers can and do get out of the habit), and airing in the last week of September versus the middle of August (huge week for students returning to campus and vacationing). Overall, I would imagine NBC was thrilled with these numbers. The two-tenths decrease from Monday to Friday is smaller than usual, but I'm expecting a substantial drop off this week as well. A general audience member could quickly spot that Tomlin is back behind the wheel simply by the 180 in the story direction.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

SoapGal1
Aug 26 2012, 03:15 PM
SocRMum1
Aug 25 2012, 09:47 PM
I definitely can't disagree with that...and is it me, or did you get a make over? ;)
She did!!

She's a whole new color now!!

Meanwhile, I agree, Days has to learn how to do a story not just an event.

I'm curious to see this past weeks ratings with all the Safe lovefest being crammed down the audience throat. My spidey senses say they will drop substantially.

I'm calling her RED! and since Maggie is on my shit list I need someone that is red that I can like and since I already like Lysie, the color fits!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I think they'd be idiots to just renew based on a week's worth of shows that preceeded a two week hiatus...I think renewing it after September makes the most sense IF September moves stories, which IMHO I doubt September will move anything.....

I seriously think that Days does 'events' better than they do a show...if the ratings prove anything is that the viewers are still around waiting for something to watch....the test is if they could sustain those viewers and not lose them and then some a month after the 'events'....in the past they haven't been able to do that.....I doubt they will this time again.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 26 2012, 10:29 PM
I think they'd be idiots to just renew based on a week's worth of shows that preceeded a two week hiatus...I think renewing it after September makes the most sense IF September moves stories, which IMHO I doubt September will move anything.....

I seriously think that Days does 'events' better than they do a show...if the ratings prove anything is that the viewers are still around waiting for something to watch....the test is if they could sustain those viewers and not lose them and then some a month after the 'events'....in the past they haven't been able to do that.....I doubt they will this time again.
And think about it. If you're a viewer that's viewing has lapsed, you see the CH and get interested & tune back in what are you met with?

Jack dies & within a day Maggie is pimping Dannifer.

Ejami on the run & making out then BOOM there's the hairy one complete with flashbacks (not to mention we got not one flashback of J&J).

Gabi, the one responsible for all the mayhem is found out & nothing of any consequence happens except Chad makes his best mad face.

Nicole goes from almost losing her baby to pathetically pining after Doc OrangeGlow while he keeps holding his phone & talking to "mom" about Jennifer.

Stefano's back for one show & then inexplicably gone.

Will/Sonny seem to be going somewhere & then BOOM he sleeps with Gabi.

TomSell completely F'd this one up.

The ratings will drop substantially. I'm calling it now.

blueskies
Member Avatar

The ratings for Monday the 27th will probably be lower than normal. In the Baltimore/DC area we were pre-empted because of the school shooting yesterday.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I think basically all of Maryland was pre-empted because I couldn't see it either. That will be two ratings from now, the next ones will tell if DAYS really sustained their viewers. With Isaac in the south and the shooting this week's ratings might really be thrown for a loop. I guess we will see.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Honestly Tomlin should write a romance novel all about his fantasy about the unibrow, love scenes and all. Write it, publish it, and have GG's early modeling pictures on the cover. I hope he makes millions and shares it with his beloved. But for goodness sake, keep his fantasies out of Days!!

I agree that the ratings will start to plummet. So sad...

Queen B
Member Avatar

Ofcourse DOOL won't be able to substain the gains they made this week, the show is absolute shit and will continue to suck. It has no potential left, especially now. 'Ejami' is going to run this show into the ground, you can count on that. DOOL has become Passions, relying on the Ethan/Theresa fan base and toying with the couple in an attempt to gain viewers, well its not going to work.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply