Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide: Interview with Jill Farren Phelps; She Reveals What is in Store for YR
Topic Started: Aug 27 2012, 09:39 AM (3,440 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Jill-Farren-Phelps-1052399.aspx
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

OK, so she talks about FOJ's --besides Steve Burton-- who else will we see on Y & R? LOL

I really hope she's not blowing smoke....I would love to see more of the Abbott's and would LOVE to see Jill back!

TFP!

lene
Member Avatar

I left a comment sucking up, just in case she sees it... I don't want her to ruin my couple or fire someone I like. LoL

darraholic
Member Avatar

I love her.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Sounds good if she's telling the truth!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Quote:

In fact, I'd love to bring some back. I have already talked with Jess Walton [Jill, who chose to leave the show last spring]. She has agreed to come back, though not on a full-time basis. She says she'll return if the right story is there, and we want to make that happen

So that sounds like Jess Walton wasn't planning to come back in the fall after all.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

LOL at Maureen Bauer.

taylore
Member Avatar

Great interview!! I've always loved Jill,her tenure on GL was my all time fav. As for GH, i blame 80% of what happened to that show on Frons and Guza,hopefully she fires all the people MAB hired i do not care for them.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

I love her so much! She has been a favorite of mine since Santa Barbara. I will definitely be watching Y&R more closely.

LPS
Member Avatar

Her interview skills are superior to MAB. At least we are not fed straight BS like "Bill Bell was my mentor" or "YR has a history that is like a tapstery that's finely woven". MAB was obsessed with adjectives.

However, I'm still skeptical of this broad.

soapflake02

Sammie Jo
Aug 27 2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:

In fact, I'd love to bring some back. I have already talked with Jess Walton [Jill, who chose to leave the show last spring]. She has agreed to come back, though not on a full-time basis. She says she'll return if the right story is there, and we want to make that happen

So that sounds like Jess Walton wasn't planning to come back in the fall after all.
well considering how the show is going she probably wasn't sure what she would be coming back to.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

What a nauseating interview. I'm guessing the stuff about Genie is code for "I gave her notice and she'll be gone shortly"

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sounds promising.

I did love how she totally accepted blame for killing off Maureen.

Phelps is a good producer. No denying that. She makes a show look good. She casts talent. The writing is what is going to make that good production she gives to the show really shine. If Griffin's writing isn't there, Phelps can't do everything on her own.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

So who did kill Frankie Frame?

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Aug 27 2012, 11:58 AM
Who cares? Fuck that bitch. Kathleen for the win!!!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Drew
Aug 27 2012, 11:58 AM
Margaret DePriest is my guess. I really wonder though. Jill was fired in the summer of 96. That's when Frankie died. Maybe Jill didn't have the power to stop it.

Queen B
Member Avatar

She doesn't sound at all like I would of thought. It seems like she's gonna respect the history of the show and if her and Josh are serious about 'thickening' the Abbots then I'm in. Also, wish they talked about Sharons character a bit though! :(

Queen B
Member Avatar

Oh, JFP was also spot on when she talked about how, just because you put a bunch of good looking young people on the canvas walking around making out with eachother doesn't mean ANY young people are gonna buy that shit. Young people aren't stupid, they need characters to relate to. Drugs, teen pregnancy, its all issues that teens deal with these days and the way MAB writes for teens is just so fucking cheesy. It would make anyone at any age cringe

Queen B
Member Avatar

The writers need to take a look at what teens are really into these days. Shows like teen mom, jersey shore, etc.. You can call it trash but this is what teens are into. And I'm sorry but teens don't relate to characters like Kyle and Abby sitting by a pool drinking fruit punch and talking about random bullshit. I just think the writers should push the envelope a bit when it comes to writing teen storylines because kids now these days are already watching stuff on tv that revolve around drinking and sex

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

soapflake02
Aug 27 2012, 11:37 AM
Sammie Jo
Aug 27 2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:

well considering how the show is going she probably wasn't sure what she would be coming back to.
I think she left because of MAB, and was hoping the bitch would get canned and decided to lay low, she might have been at the point where maybe she was having fantasies of punching MAB out. lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply