Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings Aug 20-24: NBC press release
Topic Started: Aug 30 2012, 01:45 PM (2,616 Views)
Ellie

August 30, 2012
'DAYS OF OUR LIVES' SCORES A NINE-MONTH HIGH AMONG WOMEN 18-49

EARNING ITS TOP RATING SINCE NOVEMBER, ‘DAYS’ TIES FOR #2 FOR THE WEEK IN THE KEY WOMEN 18-49 CATEGORY
IN THE VALUABLE WOMEN 18-34 DEMO, ‘DAYS’ TIES FOR #1 AMONG NETWORK DAYTIME PROGRAMS AND MATCHES ITS NINE-MONTH HIGH

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – August 30, 2012 – “Days of our Lives” has delivered a nine-month high in women 18-49 and matched its best women 18-34 rating in nine months to tie for #1 among network daytime programs in the latter category.

For the week of August 20-24, "Days of our Lives" averaged a 1.0 rating, 6 share among women 18-49 and a 0.6 rating among women 18-34, to tie for #2 among network daytime series in the women 18-49 demographic and tie for #1 in the week’s women 18-34 race.

For the August 20-24 week, “Days” scored its highest women 18-49 rating since the week of November 21-25, 2011 (1.1) and equaled its highest women 18-34 result since that same week (0.8).

Season to date, "Days of our Lives" is tied for #6 in the women 18-49 category and tied for #4 in the women 18-34 demo.

Ratings reflect “live plus same day” data from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date figures are averages of “live plus seven day” data except for the two most recent weeks, which are “live plus same day.”
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Sigh. The show will never get better.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

The DAYS fan in me is thrilled to see them maintaining the momentum that began with last week.

The Tomlin hater in me is terrified by this.

AHM

Hmm. I thought they'd really tank, as last week sounded awful. Guess there's still some momentum from the Daysaster, but I hope the ratings go waaayy down based on what I'm seeing ahead.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

Good for Days! I think this was the week that I really liked.

michr544125

Wow the show is still maintaining. If it lasts for a good month that means even with many people not liking the direction of the show, many more fans are. It will be interesting to see to see the day by day breakdowns. The show last week had a little bit for everybody. The show is moving much faster paced now also.
Edited by michr544125, Aug 30 2012, 02:00 PM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Does anyone think this show is going to beat Y&R ratings? I doubt it. I don't watch the show but I heard the stories were much better.

reagon

JamesScott_19
Aug 30 2012, 02:00 PM
Does anyone think this show is going to beat Y&R ratings? I doubt it. I don't watch the show but I heard the stories were much better.
No chance

This is encouraging. I'm a rare viewer on this board who actually liked some of what happened under Tomlin before. And I'm enjoying a lot of what is on the show now. Well see how long that continues.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Wow, I am very surprised the show gain on last week's numbers, considering the drop off through the week.

#2 in 18-49 among ALL network daytime programs
#1 in 18-34 among ALL network daytime programs

Thats pretty good. They must have tied with Y&R for #2, since The View is usually #1 in Women 18-49

Ellie

lysie
Aug 30 2012, 01:50 PM
Sigh. The show will never get better.
But you know what, hopefully it will still be on the air. And actually after they've gotten renewed before, they've kind of relaxed a bit and experimented - some good, some bad, but hopefully breaking out of the Tomlin mold a bit. So I'm hopeful!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

JamesScott_19
Aug 30 2012, 02:00 PM
There is a ZERO chance that DAYS even COMES CLOSE to touching Y&R in Households and Total Viewers...but in 18-34/18-49 and Male Viewers they may have more of a chance.

Y&R is #1 overall because of their goliath hold on Women 55+, Women 25-54 & African American viewers.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Aug 30 2012, 02:08 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Dailies for that week

Monday ("Andrew's Threat")
Chad overhears Gabi and Andrew's conversation; Sonny and Will share a kiss.

Tuesday ("Will's Feelings")
Will tells Sonny that he doesn't have romantic interest in him; Marlena helps Will realize his true feelings.

Wednesday ("Harsh Words")
Lucas's words rip Will apart; Chad advises Gabi to move out immediately; Will and Gabi look to one another for support.

Thursday ("Recent Actions")
Will and Gabi regret their actions; T attacks Sonny; Nicole is committed to a relationship with Daniel.

Friday ("Devastating News")
Julie unintentionally gives Melanie some hurtful news; Maggie and Victor go to comfort Brady.

**UPDATED 8/14**

Week of August 20:
EJ wakes up to find he's a prisoner.
Nicole is ready to declare her love when she's interrupted.
Melanie and Gabi are shocked to find Andrew is alive at the hospital.
Chad confronts Gabi, who finally confesses!
Chad decides to hide Gabi's dirty secret from Melanie.
"T" is back in town and blows up at Will for coming out.
Sonny finds Will after T's tongue lashing and comforts him.
Sonny leans in to kiss Will...

Tuesday August 21:
Will denies being into Sonny.
After speaking with Marlena, Will realizes he does have feelings for Sonny.
Sonny is found by Will in what looks like an intimate moment.

Wednesday August 22:
Will's hurt after seeing Sonny with Brian and again encounters T.
T gives Sonny a hard time for "turning" Will gay.
The memorial service for Jack is held today.
Gabi is devastated to be kicked out of Chad's apartment.
Gabi in Will are hitting rock bottom when they find each other and lose themselves in one another with a kiss...
Sonny is beaten by T.
Chad and Melanie find comfort in one another.

Thursday August 23:
Gabi and Will make love and after both feel it's awkward.
Will lashes out at Lucas.
Sami and EJ have been caught.
Justin finds Sonny, who refuses to ID his attacker.
Nicole wants more to be with Daniel than ever.

Friday August 24:
Maggie's anxious to tell Melanie that Nick Fallon is up for parole.
Julie is also anxious about Nick's parole hearing but she doesn't want Melanie to sink Nick's chances.
The news about Madison has Maggie and Victor tending to Brady.
Melanie is shocked at the end of the day to hear Nick might return to Salem!

six
Member Avatar

I can see how they held on - It was a big week with the wilson kiss, Sonny's attack, Stefano's reveal, EJ's kidnapping Sami shooting Silvio* even the wabi sex etc.

*Not that it was a huge deal, but the point is that there were a ton of little mini cliffhangers and 'events' that week.
Edited by six, Aug 30 2012, 02:13 PM.

AHM

^Good points, Six. I'm looking for the reason and rhyme, as I really hope that what sounds to me like utter garbage for the weeks ahead isn't what the majority actually wants to see.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yes, and this show needs to be smart and continue the "mini-cliffhangers" throughout the rest of its run! Its not impossible to do, GH does it EVERY episode. GH's ratings don't reflect it, but it is super smart, IMO. I haven't watched a soap that has had me guessing what is to come next the way GH does in a looooooooong time. Maybe ever. DAYS has a different audience from GH so I think its worth a shot.

I'm crediting the ratings to Stefano, WilSon, Ian/Kate, and Julie. And if the ratings are still climbing next week I will give the credit almost solely to the Julie vs. Maggie scenes. (disclaimer : this is a joke, but its the only things I have really enjoyed)

NBC has the spin machine in full effect! The numbers aren't great, but they are climbing and NBC is actually pimping DAYS. This has to be incredible news for the show and they are peaking at the right time. I might not be enjoying the show as much as I want to, but I don't want it gone. Like Ellie said, this is usually the time they try to reel in the audience any way they can and then they start trying to actually write actual good soap. It usually blows up in their face, but whatever.

Tomlin is basically going to be praised as a God after he saves DAYS for a second time. And I'm not even close to a Tomlin fan.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Stefano brings in ratings...every fucking time the guy returns the ratings shoot through the roof!

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 30 2012, 02:55 PM
Stefano brings in ratings...every fucking time the guy returns the ratings shoot through the roof!
This is really true. We were even predicting it a few weeks ago. But I didn't want to say anything because my name makes me seem like a FanGurl. He does always peak ratings, but there are a lot of factors into this thing.

Aside from Stefano, I'm beginning to think that myself and the general audience have totally different views of what this show should be. Hard to cope with that.

BradyB

I'm glad to see this and to,read a press release fromNBC?. This has got to,be promising

talbab1994
Member Avatar

So, are they in third place slightly behind GH, like they were last week? Just curious.....

WGuyMd35

Good for Days! Last week was really good. However, I'm finding this week boring. I love Nick, but too much of this week is about his parole hearing and I don't think enough viewers care to keep tuning in for that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply