Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Randy Jackson OUT as Idol Judge
Topic Started: Aug 31 2012, 09:18 AM (994 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/31/american-idol-randy-jackson-judge-nicki-minaj-mariah-carey/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I am not a Minaj fan,but Mariah,get over yourself.

King
Member Avatar

I don't think Minaj is a good fit for the show, and I don't think the four judge panel is either.

The answer is Jimmy Iovine. He is right in front of their faces. He basically is an American Simon

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I heard Keith Urban as a possible choice,he'd be nice eyecandy

Least Kanye is a no,if he did the show his girlfriend would probably be on too much and that is a yuke.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

IA that Minaj is not a good fit. Her Grammy performance was so desperate, and her music is so...I always think it's Rihanna until about 2 minutes in. So for me she just kind of cheapens the show, she's not really a superstar yet, imho. I don't know what she'd have to offer.

Actually it feels a bit...like it'd be a better fit on MTV.

They need a music producer, imho. I can't believe they can't get someone- maybe Tamar Braxton's husband.

Who's doing the auditions right now?
Edited by px780, Aug 31 2012, 11:53 AM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

The auditions are with producers only right now.

They only want Minaj cuz it's rumored Mariah cannot stand her and they want drama,well,that may be true,but since it's "American Idol" and not "American Judges" the focus should be on contestants.

If I could pick a panel I would bring in David Foster,I always thought given his backround he would be a terrific fit,Reba cause well she's been in the business longer than I've been alive and she would add the nice judge factor and I just love her and bring in someone a little crazy to keep people entertained.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm sure Mariah has better rivals. Just bring on anyone else who can sing and might equal/surpass her starpower and she'll go off.

But, I thought they were going to shift focus back to the contestants? I don't really care if judges clash. That's what I think the X-Factor is gonna be for.
Edited by px780, Aug 31 2012, 08:06 PM.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

All I have to say whatever, Minaj not a fan. Plus, Jimmy sucks to me, stick to being a producer and not a judge.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

With Minaj joining, I am pretty much done with this show. The last couple of seasons I recorded it and FF through it to get to performances. But even that was becoming a chore. Now with them deciding to bring Nicki Minaj onto the judges panel it is nothing about the contestants anymore. You are having someone judge singers who herself using autotune to create her songs. No thanks. There were rumors that they tried to get Katy Perry and i would have felt the same way if they got her as well.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Katy Perry was a good judge when she guested, imho. She's the one who was like, "This is a singing competition not a Lifetime Movie" when judging some talentless cute guy who was ultimately dq'd anyway.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I would like someone who's been on the show because they'd know the ins of the competition too. I think Adam Lambert would make an interesting judge.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Why is this show not just cancelled? Does it really make that much money for Fox still?

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Aug 31 2012, 10:23 AM
I heard Keith Urban as a possible choice,he'd be nice eyecandy

Least Kanye is a no,if he did the show his girlfriend would probably be on too much and that is a yuke.
I absolutely adore Keith Urban so I would probably watch just to see him if he became a judge. That's about it.

LPS
Member Avatar

Don't even compare Katy Perry to Minaj. Perry has some talent and she was a tough judge. IMO, it was a bad move to get rid of Randy. No consistency.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

cubsgirl
Aug 31 2012, 05:53 PM
With Minaj joining, I am pretty much done with this show.
Same here. It's stupid to try and get a bunch of mega stars as judges if this show is supposed to be about the contestants. I still wish they would have tried to get Paula back. It would have been interesting seeing Paula and Mariah both as judges. They honestly should have ended this show while it was ahead, instead of playing judge roulette trying to see who they can get to raise ratings.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I heard the show wants a fourth judge cause the producers don't like the ideas of two females and one male judge,okay,but they were more than fine with two males and 1 woman,sexiest much.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

BalscoFan5
Sep 5 2012, 02:17 PM
I heard the show wants a fourth judge cause the producers don't like the ideas of two females and one male judge,okay,but they were more than fine with two males and 1 woman,sexiest much.
Really? For a show whose biggest winners are female, in a music industry still dominated by female performers to worry about having two women on the panel...that's just dumb.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply