Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: August 20-24
Topic Started: Aug 31 2012, 07:59 PM (3,759 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

Days is UP!!

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2012/08/ratings-great-week-for-daysyrbb

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,505,000 (+194,000/+92,000)
2. B&B 3,284,000 (+213,000/+357,000)
3. DAYS 2,771,000 (+72,000/+331,000) *
4. GH 2,446,000 (-17,000/-22,000)

DAYS
Monday: 2.0/2,703,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,709,000
Wednesday: 2.2/2,859,000
Thursday: 2.0/2,719,000
Friday: 2.1/2,864,000
Edited by blueskies, Aug 31 2012, 08:00 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BradyB

WOW!!! It's been many months since we had all 2's. The 2.2 is very impressive!!!! Hope it stays like this. I'm a little worried as this past week wasn't all that great IMO.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 31 2012, 07:59 PM
DAYS
Holy Ratings! That must be Days highest rated Friday episode in a long time. Hope the upswing continues.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Why on earth do the men love Y&R? It's crazy!

Crazy4Ejole

What's sad is how the hell BB ratings keep increasing when it's the worst soap on the air and how GH keeps losing ratings when it is currently the best. I don't understand it at all.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Crazy4Ejole
Aug 31 2012, 09:58 PM
What's sad is how the hell BB ratings keep increasing when it's the worst soap on the air and how GH keeps losing ratings when it is currently the best. I don't understand it at all.
I agree GH is currently the best, but I think it's still too much Jason and Sonny. And if that Sonny promo helps the ratings, I'll be completely surprised. I just don't know how anyone takes him seriously as a threat, let alone a mobster to be feared.

And while I think B&B really needs to create other storylines outside of the Stefanie/Liam/Hope triangle - because really every damn character discusses that triangle ad nauseum - I find my tolerance level is much higher for it than it is for Days and Y&R.
Edited by badaddiction, Aug 31 2012, 10:13 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Impressive. It's nice to know they can still do that. I just wish they could do it with something I find entertaining.

michr544125

Interesting ratings for DOOL. Overall great ratings probably due to a mixture of all different types of stories. Stefano returned along with Nick. The highest rated day was Wed which was a combination of gay and straight and lots of younger characters. Will was jealous of Sonny and Brian. Also Tad bashed Sonny. Will started to get hot n heavy with Gabi at the end of the show. And Stefano stuff was on. But they lost viewers next day. It went back to the basically the ratings of the kiss days between Will and Sonny, which was still great ratings. Hard to judge based on just one week but so far it seems if there is a mixture of stories for everybody than ratings go up in general.
Edited by michr544125, Aug 31 2012, 10:46 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Holy shit. DAYS is killing it. I'm pretty shocked, those numbers are much higher than I thought. If B&B didn't also shoot up with a huge week DAYS would be right on their heels. Didn't expect DAYS to ever get in this range again. Even though I don't DAYS will sustain these ratings, I'm impressed. The end of summer should lead to even more potential viewers for the show. Pretty shocked. Although the next ratings to come out will have a lot of pre-emptions with shootings and Hurricane Isaac...that should effect every show so we will see what happens.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

This is more of a thought than a question because no one knows the answer...but...day-to-day ratings are so fickle. I would be skeptical of crediting what aired that day. I mean Wednesday was a huge day and I'm not sure what exactly happened, but who gets credit for that? Was Tuesdays episode so good that people were forced to tune in for Wednesday? Or did the little description on the guide of people's tvs convince them to watch? If we're assuming that MOST of the audience is just the General Audience how do they know who is going to be on that day? I really don't get it, but I hope Wednesday was an EJ/Sami/Rafe, Dannifer free day. Please soap gods.

JorgeAnn1950
Member Avatar

Congrats to Days for breaking out of the ratings slump!! :hail: :hail: :cheer: :cheer: :applause: :applause:

Deleted User
Deleted User

It's nice to see Days do so well, though out of all the soaps I'm enjoying General Hospital the most.
Quote Post Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Aug 31 2012, 11:07 PM
I really don't get it, but I hope Wednesday was an EJ/Sami/Rafe, Dannifer free day. Please soap gods.
Well you get a small portion of your wish, IIRC, Dan wasn't on that day.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

When you get away from the Ej and Sami show the ratings go up imagine that? Rafe and Sami were on everyday discussing their feelings; the GA audience wants to see LOVE and SAFE is best at conveying love. And I agree with the other posters there was something for everyone ~

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

LoL Gary Tomlin's never going to leave now.

Nate
Member Avatar
Bitch!

I think GH will be up next week. The Monday episode was HUGE

james0479
Member Avatar

I really wish the people at Days would stop using paper on press releases for higher ratings and utilize said paper for good thorough story. Personally, I loved Days during this ratings period. But I can see what appears to be the shift back to Sami and her three little piggies. Been there done that and got the Advil to prove it. I'm happy for these ratings but they don't need to get too comfortable just in case. Keep things moving, keep some action, etc. Never get comfortable in one spot or they will drop instead of rise. It IS nice to see those 2's finally.

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

blueskies
Days is UP!!

Total Viewers

DAYS
Very nice to see Days holding strong. Lets :pray: :pray: it continues.

It goes to show that EJami can STILL draw the numbers & Safe doesn't! :poof: :poof:

james0479
Member Avatar

DaveBedford
Sep 1 2012, 03:20 PM
blueskies
Days is UP!!

Total Viewers

DAYS
Very nice to see Days holding strong. Lets :pray: :pray: it continues.

It goes to show that EJami can STILL draw the numbers & Safe doesn't! :poof: :poof:
If that's the case then expect a drop on the next few weeks. You may not have seen the new Days promo. Very Safe heavy. I must reiterate ad nauseum what is always said in ratings threads....no one person or couple makes or breaks a show. I will say, however, if one could it would probably be one of Sami's "relationships" and I blame the writers obvious bipolar tendencies for that. Lol.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Every Sami pairing has at some point in time been a ratings draw. I don't see an argument for one over the other. I also don't understand why any person in the world would want one of their favorites (Rafe, Lucas, EJ) paired with Sami. At this point I think its just about winning the fan base wars rather than having the actual pairing be on tv. I can't stand any of those pairings at this point.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply