Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: August 20-24
Topic Started: Aug 31 2012, 07:59 PM (3,849 Views)
DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

DiMeraFan67
Sep 1 2012, 04:21 PM
Every Sami pairing has at some point in time been a ratings draw. I don't see an argument for one over the other. I also don't understand why any person in the world would want one of their favorites (Rafe, Lucas, EJ) paired with Sami. At this point I think its just about winning the fan base wars rather than having the actual pairing be on tv. I can't stand any of those pairings at this point.
Personally, to me, If something IS working, why change it now? If EJami are working, use them, If EJole are, use them, If Lumi are, use them, & god forbid, if Safe are also, use them. I don't think it's a fanbase thing, maybe it, maybe it isn't, agree to disagree, but not EVERYONE can be or will be happy with what couples they get & if they don't like the product, don't watch.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

I don't remember Safe being a big ratings draw, not saying they weren't I just don't remember seeing it.

They were mainly a Higley creation and DAYS was bleeding viewers like a knife to the jugular.

I just saw the GH promo, I don't watch GH but I was tempted (Todd Manning), then I saw the new DAYS promo and it was so bad it was comical.

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

SpriteEyes
Sep 1 2012, 04:41 PM
I don't remember Safe being a big ratings draw, not saying they weren't I just don't remember seeing it.

They were mainly a Higley creation and DAYS was bleeding viewers like a knife to the jugular.

I just saw the GH promo, I don't watch GH but I was tempted (Todd Manning), then I saw the new DAYS promo and it was so bad it was comical.
If I remember correctly, the last time El Seņor douchebag Rafe & his Fembot were pimped by a writer, it nearly killed Days.
Edited by DaveBedford, Sep 1 2012, 04:45 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Sep 1 2012, 04:41 PM

That new GH promo is better than any promo DAYS has put out. Even the ones we freak out about when they are first released. Also for being such a short promo it really kills DAYS' regular promos. Plus General Hospital went on location and from the looks of it it actually looks like golden age GH with Luke and Laura trying to save the world. Looks beautiful. I would kill for DAYS to be able to do that. Right now DAYS is killing it in the ratings compared to GH though, so people just like what they like. I don't understand it, but its working.

Tibi
Member Avatar

EJ & Sami were not featured very prominently that week. If anything Safe was, there was a lot more Safe than EJ and Sami were. Then there was lots of Wilson, Will/Lucas, and Will and Gabi scenes that were also very compelling. There was a lot going on that week. There is just nothing to base the claim that EJ and Sami are what helped the ratings. I fully expect them to go back down once the viewers realize that the Days of Sami's hoo ha are going to continue indefinitely.

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

Wait, wasn't this the week of Safe? I think EJ was stuck with Stefano. So don't see where Ejami comes in. But I agree, there was a lot going on last week and those that tuned back in after Disaster I think were mainly focused on the big event and Jack dying. Becuase we all know the ratings before that were in the 1.6's to 1.7's for a while. So it's the new interactions and the mixing up the characters and actually I think stuff moving along that's helped the ratings. I think most were just ready to see those "changes" that the writers talked about from what we've been subjected to over the last few months -- which has been Sami, Sami, Sami ad nauseam and her men folk.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

badaddiction
Aug 31 2012, 09:40 PM
Why on earth do the men love Y&R? It's crazy!
Not exactly sure of the "why" however I think for some of those men watching the women on Y&R being pissed-on like a common alley cat whore is must see TV.

james0479
Member Avatar

Tibi
Sep 1 2012, 07:20 PM
EJ & Sami were not featured very prominently that week. If anything Safe was, there was a lot more Safe than EJ and Sami were. Then there was lots of Wilson, Will/Lucas, and Will and Gabi scenes that were also very compelling. There was a lot going on that week. There is just nothing to base the claim that EJ and Sami are what helped the ratings. I fully expect them to go back down once the viewers realize that the Days of Sami's hoo ha are going to continue indefinitely.
Days OF Sami's Hoo Ha. LMAO. I nearly just died. Like erections through a meat grinder, so are the Days Of Sami's Hoo Ha. Just imagine that spinning vagina.
Edited by james0479, Sep 1 2012, 09:41 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

DaveBedford
Sep 1 2012, 03:20 PM
blueskies
Aug 31 2012, 07:59 PM
Days is UP!!

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2012/08/ratings-great-week-for-daysyrbb

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,505,000 (+194,000/+92,000)
2. B&B 3,284,000 (+213,000/+357,000)
3. DAYS 2,771,000 (+72,000/+331,000) *
4. GH 2,446,000 (-17,000/-22,000)

DAYS
Monday: 2.0/2,703,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,709,000
Wednesday: 2.2/2,859,000
Thursday: 2.0/2,719,000
Friday: 2.1/2,864,000
Very nice to see Days holding strong. Lets :pray: :pray: it continues.

It goes to show that EJami can STILL draw the numbers & Safe doesn't! :poof: :poof:
Kind of strange that you would say that because that was a heavy Safe week....and very, very light on Ejami....they were only on one day, the rest was Ej/Stefano heavy, Safe, Wilson, Wil and Gabi, Lucas and Will....you name it and everything else was happening...it was the balance and not the couples that caused the spike in ratings...I hate Safe and I can't stand Ejami but neither really proves to do anything for the ratings, it's the story....and nothing else.....also Stefano returning from the dead for the 1,000,000th time appears to do wonders for the ratings...same thing happened in 2008 when he returned....it's amazing....

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

WOWWWWW! I am surprised :o

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Nikki

james0479
Sep 1 2012, 09:40 PM
Tibi
Sep 1 2012, 07:20 PM
Like erections through a meat grinder, so are the Days Of Sami's Hoo Ha. Just imagine that spinning vagina.
Omg! I MUST signature this! :applause: :laugh:

reagon

How about the fact that there was drama last week with the fact Stefano was revealed alive and didn't Nick show up last week also. And all the Will and Sonny and Gabi drama.Will slept with Gabi last week didn't he but of course that couldn't be a factor right?

As far as Abc, they have always had good promos but for me GH is a huge piece of trashy garbage. The production, directing, and Acting are awful, the stories are retconned history. Throwing a few vets on screen hasn't improved it. Faster pace doesn't make it better but worst of all, it doesn't feel like GH. In all the years of Days awfulness, I've never felt Days was not Days.

Cerulean
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Sep 1 2012, 07:42 AM
When you get away from the Ej and Sami show the ratings go up imagine that? Rafe and Sami were on everyday discussing their feelings; the GA audience wants to see LOVE and SAFE is best at conveying love. And I agree with the other posters there was something for everyone ~
If Safe gets the credit for this week's boost, I assume EJami is retroactively being acknowledged for the ratings jump of the previous two weeks? And last November's? ;)

I am surprised at how well Days performed, because I was underwhelmed with Stefano's reappearance. It didn't feel like there was any real effort behind the explanation of his murder. Stefano announcing his death "didn't take" would have made just as much sense. :shrug:

Friday's ratings were exceptionally good, and I wonder if NBC will use those numbers to argue for retconning Will's sexuality, or at least making him bi.

Dazefan4now
Member Avatar

Cerulean
Sep 3 2012, 10:19 AM
lovinsafe
When you get away from the Ej and Sami show the ratings go up imagine that? Rafe and Sami were on everyday discussing their feelings; the GA audience wants to see LOVE and SAFE is best at conveying love. And I agree with the other posters there was something for everyone ~
If Safe gets the credit for this week's boost, I assume EJami is retroactively being acknowledged for the ratings jump of the previous two weeks? And last November's? ;)

I am surprised at how well Days performed, because I was underwhelmed with Stefano's reappearance. It didn't feel like there was any real effort behind the explanation of his murder. Stefano announcing his death "didn't take" would have made just as much sense. :shrug:

Friday's ratings were exceptionally good, and I wonder if NBC will use those numbers to argue for retconning Will's sexuality, or at least making him bi.
I think the overall stories will get the ratings. RAMI may have shared scenes but story wasn't about them. Sami was trying to escape Rafe while waiting for EJ in a very sexy black dress. Just sayin.

Dazefan4now
Member Avatar

Cerulean
lovinsafe

I think the overall stories will get the ratings. RAMI may have shared scenes but story wasn't about them. Sami was trying to escape Rafe while waiting for EJ in a very sexy black dress. Just sayin.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Dazefan4now
Sep 3 2012, 11:35 PM
Cerulean
lovinsafe

you mean all these safe flashbacks and thes story was not about it common

the story was so much all about safe its was nauseated

not fan of melanie but she prove the stories about her bring more ratings than sami at all in the last few years
Edited by Partnersincrime, Sep 4 2012, 05:06 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Can we just agree that Sami and whomever she's with don't affect the ratings? Stefano's return on the other hand, did. Not to mention all the death and destruction and upheaval left in the wake of the Daysaster.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Wednesday had the highest ratings & that was the day of Jack's memorial was mentioned in the tv previews, hey maybe people tuned in to say good-bye to Jack. Also the daily tv previews didn't really mention too much about Safe or Ejami,
it mentioned many different people.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Monday ("Andrew's Threat")
Chad overhears Gabi and Andrew's conversation; Sonny and Will share a kiss.

Tuesday ("Will's Feelings")
Will tells Sonny that he doesn't have romantic interest in him; Marlena helps Will realize his true feelings.

Wednesday ("Harsh Words")
Lucas's words rip Will apart; Chad advises Gabi to move out immediately; Will and Gabi look to one another for support.

Thursday ("Recent Actions")
Will and Gabi regret their actions; T attacks Sonny; Nicole is committed to a relationship with Daniel.

Friday ("Devastating News")
Julie unintentionally gives Melanie some hurtful news; Maggie and Victor go to comfort Brady.

These were for 8/20 -8/24

trojangal
Member Avatar

Week of August 20:
EJ wakes up to find he's a prisoner.
Nicole is ready to declare her love when she's interrupted.
Melanie and Gabi are shocked to find Andrew is alive at the hospital.
Chad confronts Gabi, who finally confesses!
Chad decides to hide Gabi's dirty secret from Melanie.
"T" is back in town and blows up at Will for coming out.
Sonny finds Will after T's tongue lashing and comforts him.
Sonny leans in to kiss Will...

Tuesday August 21:
Will denies being into Sonny.
After speaking with Marlena, Will realizes he does have feelings for Sonny.
Sonny is found by Will in what looks like an intimate moment.

Wednesday August 22:
Will's hurt after seeing Sonny with Brian and again encounters T.
T gives Sonny a hard time for "turning" Will gay.
The memorial service for Jack is held today.
Gabi is devastated to be kicked out of Chad's apartment.
Gabi in Will are hitting rock bottom when they find each other and lose themselves in one another with a kiss...
Sonny is beaten by T.
Chad and Melanie find comfort in one another.

Thursday August 23:
Gabi and Will make love and after both feel it's awkward.
Will lashes out at Lucas.
Sami and EJ have been caught.
Justin finds Sonny, who refuses to ID his attacker.
Nicole wants more to be with Daniel than ever.

Friday August 24:
Maggie's anxious to tell Melanie that Nick Fallon is up for parole.
Julie is also anxious about Nick's parole hearing but she doesn't want Melanie to sink Nick's chances.
The news about Madison has Maggie and Victor tending to Brady.
Melanie is shocked at the end of the day to hear Nick might return to Salem!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply