Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: August 20-24
Topic Started: Aug 31 2012, 07:59 PM (3,851 Views)
james0479
Member Avatar

DJsMommy
Sep 3 2012, 01:56 AM
james0479
Sep 1 2012, 09:40 PM
Tibi
Sep 1 2012, 07:20 PM
EJ & Sami were not featured very prominently that week. If anything Safe was, there was a lot more Safe than EJ and Sami were. Then there was lots of Wilson, Will/Lucas, and Will and Gabi scenes that were also very compelling. There was a lot going on that week. There is just nothing to base the claim that EJ and Sami are what helped the ratings. I fully expect them to go back down once the viewers realize that the Days of Sami's hoo ha are going to continue indefinitely.
Like erections through a meat grinder, so are the Days Of Sami's Hoo Ha. Just imagine that spinning vagina.
Omg! I MUST signature this! :applause: :laugh:
Hahahahaha. Thank u! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Cerulean
Sep 3 2012, 10:19 AM
lovinsafe
Sep 1 2012, 07:42 AM
When you get away from the Ej and Sami show the ratings go up imagine that? Rafe and Sami were on everyday discussing their feelings; the GA audience wants to see LOVE and SAFE is best at conveying love. And I agree with the other posters there was something for everyone ~
If Safe gets the credit for this week's boost, I assume EJami is retroactively being acknowledged for the ratings jump of the previous two weeks? And last November's? ;)

I am surprised at how well Days performed, because I was underwhelmed with Stefano's reappearance. It didn't feel like there was any real effort behind the explanation of his murder. Stefano announcing his death "didn't take" would have made just as much sense. :shrug:

Friday's ratings were exceptionally good, and I wonder if NBC will use those numbers to argue for retconning Will's sexuality, or at least making him bi.
It's not retroactive. People gladly took credit for it at the time.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

The Sonny, Will, and Gabi storyline is probably going to be a pretty big draw for the show. Will is easily one of the most popular characters right now, especially with Chandler winning the emmy. This past week, just storyline got very soapy and threw in a few good twists.
Edited by Kevc1980, Sep 4 2012, 01:27 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Congrats to DAYS...I wouldn't say they deserve these numbers...but whatevs...if it can help the show in their NBC negotiations, then good for them.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

For anyone interested...

Total Viewers:
The View 2.1 million
The Chew 2.0 million
The Talk 1.9 million
Good Afternoon America 1.6 million

Women 18-49:
The View 390,000
The Chew 355,000
The Talk 316,000
Good Afternoon America 315,000

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Rick
Sep 6 2012, 01:06 AM
For anyone interested...

Total Viewers:
The View 2.1 million
The Chew 2.0 million
The Talk 1.9 million

Women 18-49:
The View 390,000
The Chew 355,000
The Talk 316,000
I absolutely love that these shows are being consistently outperformed by the 4 remaining soaps.

Music to my ears!

reagon

Mitchapalooza
Sep 6 2012, 12:41 PM
Rick
Sep 6 2012, 01:06 AM
For anyone interested...

Total Viewers:
The View 2.1 million
The Chew 2.0 million
The Talk 1.9 million

Women 18-49:
The View 390,000
The Chew 355,000
The Talk 316,000
I absolutely love that these shows are being consistently outperformed by the 4 remaining soaps.

Music to my ears!
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but aside from GAA, most of these shows have been in off and on repeats for the summer. I know The View has. They normally draw in the 3 million plus viewer range and they drew their best numbers last election year, so I'm sure the same thing will happen this go around.

Vanhalen
Member Avatar

Unbelievable! Glad that the rankings changed!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply