Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: September Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 2 2012, 08:55 PM (9,103 Views)
Queen B
Member Avatar

Shick
Sep 28 2012, 09:18 PM
I noticed some technical changes in today's Canadian episode which I liked! You know the overly dramatic/cheesy background music that plays in almost every scene. Well today there were times when there was NO music during dialogue. In particular, one scene with Sharon/Nick at the police station. Normally there would be some awful sappy music playing, but there wasn't any. JFP must have had a hand in it.

The scene I'm talking about starts at around the 6:30 mark.
Yes, i've noticed the changes. I notice the scenes being shot differently too, its kind of hard to explain but theres definitely a differance. For example, when Sharon and Doris were at her house it looked like one of the scenes were being shot from the roof for like 5 seconds, so you could see the whole entire house. Everything just looks like its on a different angle, but I like it alot. I hope its a taste of whats to come
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kelly777
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Sep 28 2012, 12:40 PM
well happy day! FINALLY! Peace in the valley between Victor and Billy! :cheers:
I think this is as it should be. I could never understand the things they had Victor do to his daughter. All the way back to the camp wedding where he had her arrested. They always made it seem like he was lusting after his daughter or at the very least it was unnatural. Hell, my father hated my first with the heat of a thousand suns because he said he was a loser. Turned out he was right but he never said anything in front of him. He stood by me when he was proved right and the pig did turn out to be a loser. That's what normal dads do. And now I'm glad they are going to have him be more humanistic than the last few years.

I think this was an attempt to let this shit go. You can have rivalries without all the hatred. I'm really glad and I feel a little bit better that this group may restore this show to its greatness. IMO this was a huge step in the right direction.

I noticed the lighting and scenes too and I'm impressed. I can actually see the background now.

Well, here's to good times ahead!!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Shick
Sep 28 2012, 01:18 PM
Wait so....Billy doesn't pay for knowing where Victor was all that time? WOW
why should he, he saved his life.
Billy didn't tell the family, what good would it have done, they would have all come down there to force a guy who doesn't know who he is to come home?
Billy's had enough grief with victor, lets not let anything upset the applecart with anyone else.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Sammie Jo
Sep 28 2012, 11:17 PM
Shick
Billy didn't tell the family, what good would it have done, they would have all come down there to force a guy who doesn't know who he is to come home?
Billy's had enough grief with victor, lets not let anything upset the applecart with anyone else.
You and I both know that that shit wouldn't fly if it were Sharon. Victor and fans would still be calling for her head after knowing were Victor was all these weeks. I hate this double standard crap the writers have with certain characters. It's alright for SOME to do wrong, but not others...

Peridott
Member Avatar

NuNoah looks good. Its too bad he'll most likely be wasted on dull Eden. At this point I'd rather Phonan over tired as can be Phick. Phyllis is not so OTT clingy with Ronan. Kissing is not JB's strong suit though.

kelly777
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Shick
I agree. I'm very happy they are letting some of this ugly shit go and I don't even care HOW they do it. And I bet they will fix a lot of other shit in the future too.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Shick
Sep 28 2012, 11:56 PM
Sammie Jo
Shick
You and I both know that that shit wouldn't fly if it were Sharon. Victor and fans would still be calling for her head after knowing were Victor was all these weeks. I hate this double standard crap the writers have with certain characters. It's alright for SOME to do wrong, but not others...
sharon & phyliss both committed criminal acts, Victor didn't, his crime against Billy happened in another country and unless billy wants to sue him, nothing is to be done there.
So, do you want sharon to skate on her crimes and phyliss to hang because you don't like phyliss?

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

kelly777
Sep 29 2012, 03:23 AM
Sammie Jo
Shick
I agree. I'm very happy they are letting some of this ugly shit go and I don't even care HOW they do it. And I bet they will fix a lot of other shit in the future too.
they have to let a lot of crap go otherwise everyone will be in jail, sharon's capers are too fresh though to let go and because of her smirky attitude most people want to see her get hers.

Shick
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Sep 29 2012, 10:05 AM
Shick
Sep 28 2012, 11:56 PM
Sammie Jo
Shick
sharon & phyliss both committed criminal acts, Victor didn't, his crime against Billy happened in another country and unless billy wants to sue him, nothing is to be done there.
So, do you want sharon to skate on her crimes and phyliss to hang because you don't like phyliss?
If Sharon should pay for her wrongdoing THEY ALL SHOULD. What do you only want Sharon to pay, and Billy/Phyllis to just skate on by?

Only1Way
Member Avatar

If Victor chooses to let the bitterness between he and Billy go, that's his choice. But why should he let Sharon off the hook free and clear for what she's done? If Sharon wanted to make NE thrive, she should have let Nick/Vikki run it. Those who have experience outside of just wearing cosmetics. No, she thought she was CEO material because her last name was Newman.
She didn't search for him, and she fired those that were. She was pissed so she gave away expensive horses. Stole from Chelsea, jewelry store, Kyle, Summer because she wanted to, then tried to cry that she was set up. She was committing adultery, sleeping with the enemy. Because of her lack of brains and ineptitude in business, Newman stock sunk like a lead turd.

Still think Sharon is innocent and misunderstood? She's a flake, a failure in every sense of the word.
Piss poor wife, mother, daughter,stepmother, in-law.
Yes, Phyllis fucked up too. 20+ years ago. She should be punished but not near like Sharon should and will be.
Edited by Only1Way, Sep 29 2012, 12:13 PM.

Queen B
Member Avatar

i'm scared for the future of Sharon's character to be honest, i'm sure this is probably the hardest character to write for right now. She has NO ONE right now, and the one person she could always count on was Victor, now he isn't even on her side.

I want to enjoy Sharon doing all of these insane things, and if the rumors are true that shes going to burn the Newman Ranch down, that thought kind of scares me. How on EARTH will they redeem her after that? The only options for the character will be another long, drawn out criminal case or she goes on the run with Adam again and I honestly don't want neither. I'm kinda hoping she fucks a judge or something to get a pardon, she can't sink much lower anyways and I want Sharon IN Genoa City fucking shit up, not in a jail cell or somewhere with Adam

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Then if she fucks a judge and he feels she wasn't worth the trouble, or a pardon, or any pleasure,he will get her for failing to bribe a judge.

Shick
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Sep 29 2012, 12:12 PM
If Victor chooses to let the bitterness between he and Billy go, that's his choice. But why should he let Sharon off the hook free and clear for what she's done? If Sharon wanted to make NE thrive, she should have let Nick/Vikki run it. Those who have experience outside of just wearing cosmetics. No, she thought she was CEO material because her last name was Newman.
She didn't search for him, and she fired those that were. She was pissed so she gave away expensive horses. Stole from Chelsea, jewelry store, Kyle, Summer because she wanted to, then tried to cry that she was set up. She was committing adultery, sleeping with the enemy. Because of her lack of brains and ineptitude in business, Newman stock sunk like a lead turd.

Still think Sharon is innocent and misunderstood? She's a flake, a failure in every sense of the word.
Yes, Phyllis fucked up too. 20+ years ago. She should be punished but not near like Sharon should and will be.
Phyllis fucked up 20+ days ago by moving a dead body from her apartment to another. And if Phyllis could get away with ATTEMPTED MURDER for all this time, I see no reason why Sharon shouldn't get away with this minor bullshit either.
Edited by Shick, Sep 29 2012, 12:42 PM.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

ehhhhhh, that's different though. She knew who that was. She didn't burn him, she moved him. Put him right back into his comfy living room not into a blazing furnace.
Well, Tim might have went to hell, who knows.

Shick
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Sep 29 2012, 12:44 PM
ehhhhhh, that's different though.
LMFAO It's always different when it comes to Phyllis... :shame:

Only1Way
Member Avatar

and we know we are discussing characters in a show. Phyllis, Sharon, Victor,...

Off to do something constructive. TTFN!

Shick
Member Avatar

Double standards are oh so fun :) Oh well, I'm off as well. Going to enjoy the weekend!

ratfink
Member Avatar

Shick
Sep 29 2012, 12:41 PM
Only1Way
Sep 29 2012, 12:12 PM

Phyllis fucked up 20+ days ago by moving a dead body from her apartment to another. And if Phyllis could get away with ATTEMPTED MURDER for all this time, I see no reason why Sharon shouldn't get away with this minor bullshit either.
Minor bullshit huh??? :shame:

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Is anyone remembering the sap who was cremated and his family?

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Quote:

Shick,You and I both know that that shit wouldn't fly if it were Sharon. Victor and fans would still be calling for her head after knowing were Victor was all these weeks. I hate this double standard crap the writers have with certain characters. It's alright for SOME to do wrong, but not others...

Quote:

Shick, If Sharon should pay for her wrongdoing THEY ALL SHOULD. What do you only want Sharon to pay, and Billy/Phyllis to just skate on by?

Quote:

Shick,Phyllis fucked up 20+ days ago by moving a dead body from her apartment to another. And if Phyllis could get away with ATTEMPTED MURDER for all this time, I see no reason why Sharon shouldn't get away with this minor bullshit either.

Quote:

Shick,LMFAO It's always different when it comes to Phyllis... :shame:

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply