Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 9/3; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Sep 3 2012, 11:39 AM (26,036 Views)
MissLola
Member Avatar

Matt
Sep 9 2012, 04:58 PM
Is it Monday yet so we can lock this and start over with something actually important?
Oh for the love of all things good, please do!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I think Patrick looks ridiculous with that baggage tag on his back. What was he thinking? Just WHAT type of attention is he trying to get anyway? Is this a final "F-U" to Days? ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Meh..Monday's DAYS...today's tweetgate....its all pretty boring and redundant.
Offline Profile Goto Top

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

All I care about is who gets the cutout of James??? I really really want one of those for my bedroom...hehehe
Offline Profile Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Sep 9 2012, 05:08 PM
I think Patrick looks ridiculous with that baggage tag on his back. What was he thinking? Just WHAT type of attention is he trying to get anyway? Is this a final "F-U" to Days? ;)
All "buzz" is good "buzz!" ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

greeneyedgirl
Sep 9 2012, 05:09 PM
All I care about is who gets the cutout of James??? I really really want one of those for my bedroom...hehehe
Meh. Ship it to Taylor.

Seriously, if they want to do something for charity, they ought to make more of those of the other guys and auction them off.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Sep 9 2012, 05:17 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Jessica Simpson is on tomorrow --who's watching? HAHAHAHA THIS IS A JOKE! A diversion--something! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kali
Member Avatar

Matt
Sep 9 2012, 03:44 PM
More conspiracy theories than an Oliver Stone movie.
No, I'm just in a field where unfortunately I've seen how these things play out too many times.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Sep 9 2012, 05:01 PM
This is just a hunch but a rather strong one if Ej did this to any of the men on DAYS you would think it was funny, smart idea couldnít happen to a nicer guy ~ Grow up people if they canít have a little harmless fun at an event then what is the world coming to? Life is too short to get this upset about a harmless joke! JS is probably laughing about it!
How did you manage to miss all the BD fans in this thread who thought the picture was tasteless or a bad idea?

I think some people on both sides are blowing it out of proportion. For example, those who think BD should be fired and those who are worked up about how much of a big deal this isn't. This whole saga has been mild compared to a lot of soap actor fiascoes, so I'm kind of bemused at all the various "Calm down and let it go!" posts. ^o)

MericP
Sep 9 2012, 04:40 PM
LucasHortonFan
Sep 9 2012, 04:21 PM
MericP
Sep 9 2012, 02:27 PM
SocRMum1
Sep 9 2012, 07:58 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Oh, ok. I didn't know that; I only knew that there had been some issues but never heard of a public apology. Thanks for clearing that up. :)
hmm I never heard of a public apology....and as for Bryan, he tweeted Im sorry almost immediately. I honestly think it was just meant in fun...
I think it's the same on both sides.

For example, Bryan apologized. It's not enough for those who don't like him.

James apologized. It's not enough for those who don't like him.

The fact is - both apologized. Public or not public doesn't matter does it? How it's said doesn't matter, does it?

I feel that both men can be dickheads.

But that's true of many men.
That's true of people in general.
Edited by six, Sep 9 2012, 06:16 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

appleblossom

I'm new to this board, I think both GG and BD used bad judgement but did not mean to offend. Both need to act their age.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sparrow

Lucky
Sep 9 2012, 04:15 PM
And with this, I'm on team Dan. I'm easy. So sue me.

(I adore Eric Martsolf, I think he does funny so well.)

When you do lock this thread, can we take this pic on over to the next one with us? It's too adorable to be ignored like this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

MericP
Sep 9 2012, 05:00 PM
LuvingLumi
Sep 9 2012, 04:44 PM
LucasHortonFan
MericP

hmm I never heard of a public apology....and as for Bryan, he tweeted Im sorry almost immediately. I honestly think it was just meant in fun...
He never publicly apologized. He apologized to the person that confronted him with the picture flipping the bird, and tried to tell him not to deface the logo as he was doing it. She confronted him, after a while he said, "I'm sorry....my fans told me to be careful as I was coming to 'Lumi country' and one of them won the jersey and wanted me to cross out the logo write sucks, and take that pic...IMHO it wasn't sincere, just a means to end the conversation and move on from that particular moment, but whatever, that passed and then a year later came the insults to Bryan from James in interviews long after BD had gone.
Thanks! I didn't know all the details, obviously.

Why would anyone ask him to do that? Or maybe he was lying to be funny?

I don't get it. LOL
I won the shirt. James came over and sat next to me to personalize the shirt. I can tell you for me it had nothing to do with a fansite or real people and everything to do with Lumi, a fictional couple. After some chatter and jokes, James crossed it out. It was all in fun and was a joking moment between a few of us sitting there and James. The auction was still going on stage for the rest of the audience. Nobody has ever tweeted that out. Nobody has ever posted it online because it was never about that. It was an EJami vs Lumi, the fictional couples, moment. So some people didn't take it that way and for that he apologized, in person. Like you said, for those that hate James, it will never be good enough. Nothing he nor anyone can do about that.

I also don't agree with tweeting BD hate-filled tweets over what he did or to call for his job. I have my own opinion about what he did and why, as he put it out on there on twitter for anyone and everyone to see, but beyond that I could care less and I don't want to see him get in trouble over it. If James has something to say about it, so be it, but I'd bet my house he won't be the least bit surprised Bryan did that, nor will he care. With GT at the helm, I think BD has bigger fish to fry than this little incident.

Actually Days should have bigger fish to fry (not that I think they'd care about this incident anyways) than this, after the latest ratings came in for this past week. :-/
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

LuvingLumi
LucasHortonFan
MericP
SocRMum1
Sep 9 2012, 07:58 AM

Oh, ok. I didn't know that; I only knew that there had been some issues but never heard of a public apology. Thanks for clearing that up. :)
He never publicly apologized. He apologized to the person that confronted him with the picture flipping the bird, and tried to tell him not to deface the logo as he was doing it. She confronted him, after a while he said, "I'm sorry....my fans told me to be careful as I was coming to 'Lumi country' and one of them won the jersey and wanted me to cross out the logo write sucks, and take that pic...IMHO it wasn't sincere, just a means to end the conversation and move on from that particular moment, but whatever, that passed and then a year later came the insults to Bryan from James in interviews long after BD had gone.
This is not an accurate description of what happened. At all.

I was there, sitting next to the fan that won the jersey. James came out and sat down next to her and chatted for a while before signing the jersey. As he was signing another fan with our group jokingly pointed out the SC logo on the jersey and said something to James about it being the "Lumi" site and indicated he should cross it out or gave it a thumbs down or something - I don't recall which. Neither she or he had any idea the Lumis there as sponsors were sitting in the row in front of them watching and snapping pictures. I wasn't aware of that, either - not until later. It was done in jest - she meant no harm and felt bad that she basically encouraged JS to do something that wound up opening a hornet's nest. The appalling thing, IMO - is the reaction it got from the ladies who were there. After he went back on stage he had someone motioning a throat slashing gesture to him - in fact he mentioned it a year or so later in the SOD Round Up as the most extreme fan reaction he'd ever gotten. I mean...seriously? Throat slitting? But regardless - at the sponsorship luncheon which happened within an hour or so of all of this JS approached the table of ladies who were upset and had a long conversation with them - one in particular. It was very clear they were upset but he stood there and listened to them for quite a long time and at the end of the conversation he and the most vocal of the women hugged one another and you'd think that would have been the end of it. Instead, a very long and detailed account was posted at 2C by the end of that weekend and people were calling for JS to be fired. Fortunately NBC didn't see it as that big a deal. I don't know why anyone thought there would be a need for a more public apology than what he gave - he walked up and personally spoke with the women he had offended at the event. There is a difference between doing something that someone else takes a photo of and posts (with a detailed, albeit slanted account of what happened) on the internet versus BD personally tweeting the photo that he did. I didn't feel BD needed to apologize, either - it is what it is.

I won't weigh down the thread any more with this really old story - but having been there when it all happened it really bothers me to see it still be misrepresented all these years later.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

Sparrow
Sep 9 2012, 06:44 PM
Lucky
Sep 9 2012, 04:15 PM
And with this, I'm on team Dan. I'm easy. So sue me.

(I adore Eric Martsolf, I think he does funny so well.)

When you do lock this thread, can we take this pic on over to the next one with us? It's too adorable to be ignored like this.
That is too cute and funny!
Offline Profile Goto Top

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

Eileen Davidson ‏@eileen_davidson

back to work tomorrow. no more parties. for now!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

I continue not to get what exactly happened. A picture was tweeted. I don'r want to live on this planet anymore.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 9 2012, 08:27 PM
I continue not to get what exactly happened. A picture was tweeted. I don'r want to live on this planet anymore.
Consider yourself lucky!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

specialcases
Sep 9 2012, 08:25 PM
Eileen Davidson ‏@eileen_davidson

back to work tomorrow. no more parties. for now!
Thank you, Eileen, for tweeting! :hail:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

SocRMum1
Sep 9 2012, 07:47 PM
LuvingLumi
LucasHortonFan
MericP

This is not an accurate description of what happened. At all.

I was there, sitting next to the fan that won the jersey. James came out and sat down next to her and chatted for a while before signing the jersey. As he was signing another fan with our group jokingly pointed out the SC logo on the jersey and said something to James about it being the "Lumi" site and indicated he should cross it out or gave it a thumbs down or something - I don't recall which. Neither she or he had any idea the Lumis there as sponsors were sitting in the row in front of them watching and snapping pictures. I wasn't aware of that, either - not until later. It was done in jest - she meant no harm and felt bad that she basically encouraged JS to do something that wound up opening a hornet's nest. The appalling thing, IMO - is the reaction it got from the ladies who were there. After he went back on stage he had someone motioning a throat slashing gesture to him - in fact he mentioned it a year or so later in the SOD Round Up as the most extreme fan reaction he'd ever gotten. I mean...seriously? Throat slitting? But regardless - at the sponsorship luncheon which happened within an hour or so of all of this JS approached the table of ladies who were upset and had a long conversation with them - one in particular. It was very clear they were upset but he stood there and listened to them for quite a long time and at the end of the conversation he and the most vocal of the women hugged one another and you'd think that would have been the end of it. Instead, a very long and detailed account was posted at 2C by the end of that weekend and people were calling for JS to be fired. Fortunately NBC didn't see it as that big a deal. I don't know why anyone thought there would be a need for a more public apology than what he gave - he walked up and personally spoke with the women he had offended at the event. There is a difference between doing something that someone else takes a photo of and posts (with a detailed, albeit slanted account of what happened) on the internet versus BD personally tweeting the photo that he did. I didn't feel BD needed to apologize, either - it is what it is.

I won't weigh down the thread any more with this really old story - but having been there when it all happened it really bothers me to see it still be misrepresented all these years later.
I don't think it's being misrepresented...as we all know there are two sides to the story...you've stated one, I've stated the other, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. IMHO maybe the person that he apologized to found it necessary to have him say it, not have him say it through her? As he offended more than her...he offended an entire fan base. But whatever...it's really too old to even worry about now....too much has happened since then and the only ones fucked are both Lumis and Ejamis, because if I remember correctly....Safe came and we haven't gotten anything since then. I will say that no one was asking in that thread for him to get fired, a few people were stating (as they are in this thread) that it could be grounds for firing but no one said anything about campaigning to get him fired, or calling or emailing for his firing..actually all that was asked of him was to give a public apology to a segment of the Days fans that he flipped the bird to. That's it....nothing more, nothing less. Heck one of the members who lives in Canada had even brought a few chocolate bars that he was known to have liked....she decided after the encounter not to give it to him directly, she gave them to an Ejole that was present to give to him instead....

On the throat slitting...after one of the women had won Bryan's chair, James noticed that it was the same one that had an issue with what he did to the Jersey, James approached Bryan and told him something in his ear and when he and Bryan looked back the person was making that gesture so he could just cut it out, 'end it'....but since they weren't face to face by then she felt the need to gesture to him to get her message across...I guess he took it that she wanted to kill him? LMFAO

Was it probably blown out of proportion? Some think it was, but you know what? Everything is blown out of proportion when it comes to BD, JS or GG....they fart and it's news.....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Sep 9 2012, 09:08 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

None of this would be a big deal if it was Eric Martsolf or Shawn Christian that tweeted the pic. Cause it's BD and Lucas happens to be a part of the endless Sami fanbase war, that's why it's a big deal. GG retweeting it got him some hate too cause of course he plays Rafe, yet another man smack dab in the middle of Sami's fanbase war, lol. I swear the luckiest characters and actors on the show are the ones who never have to worry about any of this cause they have their own stories and are not in a constant battle with fans over this crap. I'm sure both EM and SC looked on in amusement as all this went down.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic