Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 9/3; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Sep 3 2012, 11:39 AM (26,161 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

LuvingLumi
Sep 9 2012, 09:03 PM
SocRMum1
Sep 9 2012, 07:47 PM
LuvingLumi
Sep 9 2012, 04:44 PM
LucasHortonFan
Sep 9 2012, 04:21 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
He never publicly apologized. He apologized to the person that confronted him with the picture flipping the bird, and tried to tell him not to deface the logo as he was doing it. She confronted him, after a while he said, "I'm sorry....my fans told me to be careful as I was coming to 'Lumi country' and one of them won the jersey and wanted me to cross out the logo write sucks, and take that pic...IMHO it wasn't sincere, just a means to end the conversation and move on from that particular moment, but whatever, that passed and then a year later came the insults to Bryan from James in interviews long after BD had gone.
This is not an accurate description of what happened. At all.

I was there, sitting next to the fan that won the jersey. James came out and sat down next to her and chatted for a while before signing the jersey. As he was signing another fan with our group jokingly pointed out the SC logo on the jersey and said something to James about it being the "Lumi" site and indicated he should cross it out or gave it a thumbs down or something - I don't recall which. Neither she or he had any idea the Lumis there as sponsors were sitting in the row in front of them watching and snapping pictures. I wasn't aware of that, either - not until later. It was done in jest - she meant no harm and felt bad that she basically encouraged JS to do something that wound up opening a hornet's nest. The appalling thing, IMO - is the reaction it got from the ladies who were there. After he went back on stage he had someone motioning a throat slashing gesture to him - in fact he mentioned it a year or so later in the SOD Round Up as the most extreme fan reaction he'd ever gotten. I mean...seriously? Throat slitting? But regardless - at the sponsorship luncheon which happened within an hour or so of all of this JS approached the table of ladies who were upset and had a long conversation with them - one in particular. It was very clear they were upset but he stood there and listened to them for quite a long time and at the end of the conversation he and the most vocal of the women hugged one another and you'd think that would have been the end of it. Instead, a very long and detailed account was posted at 2C by the end of that weekend and people were calling for JS to be fired. Fortunately NBC didn't see it as that big a deal. I don't know why anyone thought there would be a need for a more public apology than what he gave - he walked up and personally spoke with the women he had offended at the event. There is a difference between doing something that someone else takes a photo of and posts (with a detailed, albeit slanted account of what happened) on the internet versus BD personally tweeting the photo that he did. I didn't feel BD needed to apologize, either - it is what it is.

I won't weigh down the thread any more with this really old story - but having been there when it all happened it really bothers me to see it still be misrepresented all these years later.
I don't think it's being misrepresented...as we all know there are two sides to the story...you've stated one, I've stated the other, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. IMHO maybe the person that he apologized to found it necessary to have him say it, not have him say it through her? As he offended more than her...he offended an entire fan base. But whatever...it's really too old to even worry about now....too much has happened since then and the only ones fucked are both Lumis and Ejamis, because if I remember correctly....Safe came and we haven't gotten anything since then. I will say that no one was asking in that thread for him to get fired, a few people were stating (as they are in this thread) that it could be grounds for firing but no one said anything about campaigning to get him fired, or calling or emailing for his firing..actually all that was asked of him was to give a public apology to a segment of the Days fans that he flipped the bird to. That's it....nothing more, nothing less. Heck one of the members who lives in Canada had even brought a few chocolate bars that he was known to have liked....she decided after the encounter not to give it to him directly, she gave them to an Ejole that was present to give to him instead....

On the throat slitting...after one of the women had won Bryan's chair, James noticed that it was the same one that had an issue with what he did to the Jersey, James approached Bryan and told him something in his ear and when he and Bryan looked back the person was making that gesture so he could just cut it out, 'end it'....but since they weren't face to face by then she felt the need to gesture to him to get her message across...I guess he took it that she wanted to kill him? LMFAO

Was it probably blown out of proportion? Some think it was, but you know what? Everything is blown out of proportion when it comes to BD, JS or GG....they fart and it's news.....
The difference is I was actually there and saw the entire thing play out. While I can appreciate that you are stating 'the other' side of the story you are doing it from hear say. Was it blown out of proportion? Absolutely. Is the BD tweet being blown out of proportion? Absolutely. We agree on that.

Moving on...thank God they are back in the studio tomorrow! Here's hoping we start getting some tidbits from behind the scenes. It feels like ages since we've heard anything from anyone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Good lord, this shyte is really really stupid.
Offline Profile Goto Top

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

I will never understand the concept of fanbases, shippers(what does that even mean?) and these endlessly ridiculous fanbase wars. I wonder if the people who count themselves as shippers would even care if there were good storylines or not. Would they just be happy that "their couple" was together? What is the point? Your "couple" gets together and lives happily ever after......isn't that typically followed by "The End"?

What really confuses me about the fanbase wars is that they all revolve around Honey Baked Brady....she (Alison) is one of the worst actors on the show....in fact, instead of learning and growing (like AZ, who was HORRIBLE when she first started, but has grown into one of the best), Swiney has consistently gotten worse and worse as the years go by. Who the fuck cares who she ends up with? Seriously!

Days started for me as an absurd, yet compelling escape for me and it has always been about the stories. Sure they have sucked for many years now, but here's hoping that ED's return will recapture some of that magic that drew me in. sure back then I wanted Marlena to win, but that was the fun of it, the drama, the outlandish events and schemes and well.....story! I could never imagine thinking "Ok as a Jarlena, I am so happy that they are together now, I just want them to always be together and eat strawberries and whipped cream!! woohoo!" that is just mindfuckingly baffling to me
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Atkins' remark about rape is offensive. Jessie Jackson's remark about New York and Jews that was offensive.

This picture is not funny but it's not offensive. If this kind of crap offend and rile people up, these people are living a golden life.

What's really crazy is its some's interpretation of the picture. I for the life of me thought what's the big deal. But then I heard all this stuff about its meaning.

This is the STFU banner item of the day. It's a waste of getting worked up.
Edited by Aliaron, Sep 9 2012, 11:04 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

Aliaron
Sep 9 2012, 10:56 PM
Atkins' remark about rape is offensive. Jessie Jackson's remark about New York and Jews that was offensive.

This picture is not funny but it's not offensive. If this kind of crap offend and rile people up, these people are living a golden life.

This is the STFU banner item of the day.
AfuckingMEN
Offline Profile Goto Top

samixxx
Member Avatar

They should just have a camera follow cast around on one day of the week and film it on Fridays.Cuts down on filming ahead and lots to speculate on works, clothing and who is filming. More interesting than days stories.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

samixxx
Sep 10 2012, 12:27 AM
They should just have a camera follow cast around on one day of the week and film it on Fridays.Cuts down on filming ahead and lots to speculate on works, clothing and who is filming. More interesting than days stories.
I'm really surprised (well, not really) they haven't taken control and done something like this. Look at how much conversation Twitter can generate- you'd think they'd want to focus that a little bit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

samixxx
Member Avatar

px780
Sep 10 2012, 12:40 AM
samixxx
Sep 10 2012, 12:27 AM
I'm really surprised (well, not really) they haven't taken control and done something like this. Look at how much conversation Twitter can generate- you'd think they'd want to focus that a little bit.
Yes, and might give them a little perspective of what actors have to read (if they are pushed to be on twitter)
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic