Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
About.com comings and goings 9/4
Topic Started: Sep 4 2012, 03:44 PM (2,517 Views)
WillFan
Member Avatar

http://daysofourlives.about.com/b/2012/09/04/days-of-our-lives-comings-and-goings-15.htm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Heated Scene??? Anne is not a soapy name...... probably a new pyscho bitch, like Jan Spears.
Anne & Dan.....get real DAYS. Unless she ties him up and carts him away, it doesn't excite me.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Of course....as if he needed another woman....

seriously this character needs to go!

Ellie

The first post was edited. A "recurring stint" as a nurse does not mean a new romantic interest for a regular semi-lead character. The point of this 'comings & goings' is that we know this person from somewhere else, like it's an interesting casting choice.

It helps us if when people post news items (which is appreciated!) you save the editorial comments and guesses for the next post, so that people know that the news item doesn't include the other information. Thanks again for posting!!

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

If Anne is here to kill Daniel, I'll be actually interested in one of his storylines for once. :laugh:

MissLola
Member Avatar

I think that she is the coworker that he defends Jennifer to?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

MissLola
Sep 4 2012, 03:53 PM
I think that she is the coworker that he defends Jennifer to?
Yep, my thought too.

I actually remember her from Legally Blonde, so she at least has some screen presence for someone that will probably just be on for a short-term, minor stint. How comes Days is so good at casting short-term, minor players (Brian, Andrew, the mugging victim who looked like AZ, etc.) and yet we get stuck with actors like GG, CD and CB in major roles???

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Wow Is peter leaving that soon? I thought he had a story next month :shrug:

Jason47
Member Avatar

Credits say her full name is Anne Milbauer.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

The Bo stuff is alarming. It makes it seem like we will not be seeing much of him before he leaves which I believe is the end of October. This also makes me wonder if his exit will seem rushed and unbelievable.

Ellie

dc cubs
Sep 4 2012, 05:00 PM
The Bo stuff is alarming. It makes it seem like we will not be seeing much of him before he leaves which I believe is the end of October. This also makes me wonder if his exit will seem rushed and unbelievable.
Why would you think it wouldn't, lol? Even Lexie's, which was done well in many respects, was unbelievably rushed. Remember she finished her treatment before she started it?

Romancer66

dc cubs
It's a sad commentary on DAYS and its priorities when a character who's been part of the show for about 30 years and part of a signature supercouple gets less airtime and less of an exit storyline than a relative newbie. (Yes, Melanie, I'm looking at you.) GT's favoritism is sickening.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Hahahaha! Enid Wexler!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Good times. Good times.

Ellie

Romancer66
Sep 4 2012, 08:00 PM
dc cubs
It's a sad commentary on DAYS and its priorities when a character who's been part of the show for about 30 years and part of a signature supercouple gets less airtime and less of an exit storyline than a relative newbie. (Yes, Melanie, I'm looking at you.) GT's favoritism is sickening.
I don't even think it's the favoritism, though there is that. This is what he did to Deidre and Drake and Stephen and Mary Beth. His philosophy seems to be, the quicker the exit, the better. Why leave people thinking about the person who left, when their attention should be focused on who is there? Of course, in the process, it destroys morale on the set and alienates longtime viewers, but Tomlin's never been into those things anyway. Thankfully for the cast, he's not the EP this time around, so hopefully for the cast this doesn't cause as many issues as the 09 departures did.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Ellie
Sep 4 2012, 09:02 PM
Romancer66
dc cubs
I don't even think it's the favoritism, though there is that. This is what he did to Deidre and Drake and Stephen and Mary Beth. His philosophy seems to be, the quicker the exit, the better. Why leave people thinking about the person who left, when their attention should be focused on who is there? Of course, in the process, it destroys morale on the set and alienates longtime viewers, but Tomlin's never been into those things anyway. Thankfully for the cast, he's not the EP this time around, so hopefully for the cast this doesn't cause as many issues as the 09 departures did.
Well he certainly did that with Jack's exit too. I just think the whole thing is tasteless. Fans grew up watching these characters, the least he could do is show some respect when fans are already sad enough as it is.

Romancer66

nocturnalblondie
Sep 4 2012, 09:06 PM
Ellie
Romancer66
dc cubs
Well he certainly did that with Jack's exit too. I just think the whole thing is tasteless. Fans grew up watching these characters, the least he could do is show some respect when fans are already sad enough as it is.
Not to mention that, by that logic, Melanie should be getting far less build-up for her own goodbye. Instead, she's on 4-5 days a week in a frontburner storyline. Wouldn't we miss her less if she wasn't on so much? Of course, there seem to be quite a number of viewers who won't miss her at all . . .

Daysofold

I for one will not miss Melanie. On the other hand, I will miss Bo deeply. Bo and Hope were the reason I started watching Days in college and continued for all these years. The writers have destroyed the show IMO and the posts earlier are so true. GT would rather show Melanie's exit 5 days a week rather than Bo's 1 day at most till his end...for the actor who has portrayed the character for 29 years. Shame on you Days, Tomlin, whitesell, Corday and the writers. When will you ever learn? I've stopped watching awhile ago and see the end it sight. You must be so proud.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I had a weird dream last night that Bo went to jail for killing Melanie and that was his exit story.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Sep 4 2012, 09:06 PM
Ellie
Romancer66
dc cubs
during tomlin use lot non exits to vets on the show and to other

it really tick off to hear the lame excuses when they gone steve and kayla left to africa and lucas move to china and left anyone behind
and we still we do not know where stephanie gone to

i sure melanie exit will be better than bo :soapbox:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply