Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dexter: Season 7
Topic Started: Sep 4 2012, 04:34 PM (2,059 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Wow, this season looks fucking amazing and after the very underwhelming last season it's absolute necessary.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

God I hope this season is better than last. I'm going in to it not expecting much, so hopefully I'll be surprised.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Would it be better to just skip season six then? I was planning on catching up before the new season stars, but if it's not worth it I won't waste my time.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Casey
Sep 7 2012, 10:20 PM
Would it be better to just skip season six then? I was planning on catching up before the new season stars, but if it's not worth it I won't waste my time.
Season 6 was bad. From the very first episode the quality of the writing just wasn't up to par with past seasons. So many things happened that were logically impossible. The characters were dumbed down. The plot was overwrought with foolishness. The monologues were stale and tedious. It was just bad.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Kenny
Sep 7 2012, 11:46 PM
Casey
Sep 7 2012, 10:20 PM
Season 6 was bad. From the very first episode the quality of the writing just wasn't up to par with past seasons. So many things happened that were logically impossible. The characters were dumbed down. The plot was overwrought with foolishness. The monologues were stale and tedious. It was just bad.

Meh. I'll probably just pass on it then. It sounds like I wasn't missing anything of relative importance, minus Deb finding out about Dexter.

King
Member Avatar

I'd watch it, but don't be afraid to use that FF button.

It was VERY heavy-handed. His voiceovers were like JER 90s soap dialogue/voiceovers...explaining EVERY detail and spelling every teeny, tiny thing out for you. it was really dumbed down.
Edited by King, Sep 9 2012, 01:33 AM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yeah, Season 6 was bad. I thought it was dumbed down, the situations were ridiculous. Dexter was just sloppy. It was just bad all around. The only episode I loved was when he envisioned his brother, and the season finale where Deb walked in on Dexter. The rest of the cast was pretty much ignored and they continued to make Quinn completely unlikable. I don't even remember anything Batista and LaGuerta went through.

Louis was intriguing.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Spoilers for the first three episodes...

Manny
Member Avatar

After that bad season 6, I am cautiously waiting for season 7, since I don't want to be disappointed. Although I have no idea how they can go on from here. And honestly, I would prefer this to be final season. But I know it won't be.

Kenny
Member Avatar

According to Spoiler TV, the Season 7 finale of Dexter is titled...

Manny
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 18 2012, 03:22 PM
According to Spoiler TV, the Season 7 finale of Dexter is titled...

Whaaat? :o
Why the fuck did I have to click on the spoiler tag?! I usually NEVER do that!
Edited by Manny, Sep 19 2012, 01:34 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Did anyone watch the premiere? It was pretty good. The stuff in the airport was silly but it was heads and tails above the ridiculousness of last season. Still, the fact that Dexter would go out of his way to kill another victim when he's already under so much suspicion is dumb. It's plot holes like these that make it impossible to take this show seriously anymore.

I'm glad the writers didn't dumb Deb down and have her believe Dexter's story. I thought for sure they were going to drag it out by having her be braindead all season so the fact that she figured it all out by the end of the first episode was a pleasant surprise.

The next few episodes look good judging by the trailer. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Holy fucking crap..Now that's the Dexter I love. What an amazing episode. Love Deb continuing to dig deeper and looking into the Ice Truck Killer murders. I was literally freaking out during that final scene. WOW...

Kenny
Member Avatar

The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am by the airport thing. It's not that I'm a stickler for realism, but it's a well-known fact that there are cameras everywhere in an airport. It was a huge risk for Dexter to follow his victim there, not to mention killing him there. Do the writers really expect us to believe Dexter had time to prepare a kill room in the middle of the airport without getting caught? And what's going to happen when his victim is reported missing? Are we to believe the police won't review the security tapes from the last place he was seen alive?

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 30 2012, 10:25 PM
Did anyone watch the premiere? It was pretty good. The stuff in the airport was silly but it was heads and tails above the ridiculousness of last season. Still, the fact that Dexter would go out of his way to kill another victim when he's already under so much suspicion is dumb. It's plot holes like these that make it impossible to take this show seriously anymore.

I'm glad the writers didn't dumb Deb down and have her believe Dexter's story. I thought for sure they were going to drag it out by having her be braindead all season so the fact that she figured it all out by the end of the first episode was a pleasant surprise.

The next few episodes look good judging by the trailer. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Would you recommend checking out the premiere? I held off because I feel like the show jumped the shark big time last season. I feel like Deb in love with Dexter and Deb not busting Dexter on the spot is just too much for me to accept...

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

The season premiere really was amazing. Loving that LaGuardia found the blood slide and will try to prove Doakes was innocent. Also, the Russian story should be interesting. I can't wait to see how the girl from Chuck fits in. I love her.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

With the recent Ausiello blind item and last night's premiere, it looks like Maria is going to be killed off this season.

Here's the blind item:

Beloved Character Killed!
Edited by Bright Eyes, Oct 1 2012, 01:20 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Oct 1 2012, 01:19 PM
With the recent Ausiello blind item and last night's premiere, it looks like Maria is going to be killed off this season.

Here's the blind item:

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 1 2012, 03:46 PM
Bright Eyes
Oct 1 2012, 01:19 PM

Here's the blind item:

I want to make sure to note I was just speculating. And if I am right, along with many other people who guessed it could be her in the blind item, then I hope that your theory is even MORE right. LoL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply