Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dexter: Season 7
Topic Started: Sep 4 2012, 04:34 PM (2,031 Views)
Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Kenny
Oct 1 2012, 04:56 AM
The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am by the airport thing. It's not that I'm a stickler for realism, but it's a well-known fact that there are cameras everywhere in an airport. It was a huge risk for Dexter to follow his victim there, not to mention killing him there. Do the writers really expect us to believe Dexter had time to prepare a kill room in the middle of the airport without getting caught? And what's going to happen when his victim is reported missing? Are we to believe the police won't review the security tapes from the last place he was seen alive?
That was my biggest issue with the premiere too. I get that Dexter seems to have gotten progressively sloppy after Rita's death(which coincidentally is when the new writing crew and showrunner came on), but I still don't buy some of these instances. Just like the boat scene from last season.

The premiere was pretty good besides that fact though. I'm with you, glad that Deb wasn't dumbed down.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 1 2012, 04:56 AM
The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am by the airport thing. It's not that I'm a stickler for realism, but it's a well-known fact that there are cameras everywhere in an airport. It was a huge risk for Dexter to follow his victim there, not to mention killing him there. Do the writers really expect us to believe Dexter had time to prepare a kill room in the middle of the airport without getting caught? And what's going to happen when his victim is reported missing? Are we to believe the police won't review the security tapes from the last place he was seen alive?
THANK YOU!

I agree. The airport scenes really bothered me. It was like last season when Dexter, in broad daylight not far off-shore was dumping a body. I mean, the whole last season was one big WTF and way too unrealistic.

I hope the season lives up to the promise of it definitely being better than last season, but the airport scenes were bad. I LOVED LOVED LOVED Deb finding out everything. It really did make the most sense to go there completely. I'm glad.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I agree about the spoiler speculation. I hope so. I feel that character declined rapidly and it was a shame.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I loved it! I agree about the airport scene though. It was too risky. The ending was great!

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Very vague spoiler from Ask Ausiello:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Kenny
Member Avatar

Two episodes in and the show is right back to being shit.

The Ukrainian mob stuff is boring, the Wayne Randall stuff is a snooze and I really don't like Deb's nonchalant reaction to finding out her brother is a serial killer. I don't mind the rehabilitation angle, but the way it's being played is not believable at all. The acting and the writing are both off.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Kenny- give the new stories a chance. They're just starting and we haven't even got Yvonne yet. Loved Deb's reaction in the first 20 minutes, but I agree I want her freaking out more the rest of the season.

aimees76
Member Avatar

See, and through the whole episode I was thinking how much I am enjoying this story. I love the delving into what makes Dexter have the urge, and whether or not he has any real control over it. I think it's a really nice twist and different angle to play in their story. Season after season of Dexter against some big bad gets boring, but this is different, and I like it. So far, I think this season is very successful in giving a fresher take on Dexter's saga.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I think this last episode was far better than most of what we got last season. However, it's still not 100% on par but I'm not ready to pick the season apart yet based on two episodes..

I'm just glad neither Dexter nor Debra are really being sacrificed in this. I feel like they're both in character. Looking forward to Hannah's arrival. Hopefully she injects some life. So far, if anything, the season is a bit boring, though still better than last season.

I also think what's hurting the show is the writers clear lack of investment in any of the supporting characters. I keep waiting for Jamie or Louis to be killed. Quinn feels exhausted as a character. Batista rarely gets anything substantial and never shares screentime with his sister or his ex and boss. I mean, where's the investment? I'm not saying they all need to be leading storylines but I feel like the first few seasons were much better for everyone. I feel like there's not that connection with any of them anymore. Anyone else even feel this way? Or can understand where I'm coming from?
Edited by KMan101, Oct 9 2012, 10:43 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Tonight's episode was pretty good. Much better than last week's. That whole sequence with Deb chasing Speltzer through the maze was really well done. The only thing I'm not happy about is that they killed Louis so soon. Why bother building a mystery if you're not even going to resolve it?

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Really enjoyed Dexter letting Deb in on how his code works and the benefits of letting him kill bad guys that have escaped the law. Those scenes were fantastic. Love that Deb had to investigate for herself. Also, enjoyed Yvonne. Looking forward to see what they have planned for her.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Okay that episode was great!! First time in a long time one of Dexter's bad guys really scared me, too. Ugh. That maze and the costume are going to give me nightmares! I really liked how the whole episode sort of forced Deb through the process of understanding Dex and why he does what he does. I thought the whole thing was really well done. I'm not disappointed Louis is dead, he was such a douche, I'm glad he's gone!
Only thing that bothered me in this epi in particular was the glaring neglect of Harrison. WTH is he, and who is he living with?? Batista's sister while she's sometimes shacking up with the psycho geek? I don't like stuff like that being brushed off. Dex having to get home to juggle family was always an element I enjoyed.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Someone claiming to be a sound editor for Dexter posted some spoilers at 4chan a week and a half ago and it looks like they may be legit. I'm usually skeptical about this kind of stuff but since the first few spoilers turned out to be true it stands to reason that the rest may be true as well.

Read at your own risk!

Spoiler: click to toggle

King
Member Avatar

I am really enjoying this season. I feel like the best days of Dexter are behind us, but it's still pretty dang good.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm enjoying this season as well. I really like the chemistry between Dexter and Hannah. Yvonne fits into the show very well. Also, it's so refreshing having Deb know Dexter's secret. I'm on edge watching for Laguardia to find out.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

For the most part I've been enjoying the season. I couldn't resist though and looked at the spoilers Kenny posted. Not sure how I feel about some of them...

aimees76
Member Avatar

I'm enjoying the season as well, but I really didn't care for the "twist" of him screwing Hannah instead of killing her on the table. That was just weird. I don't like how he's ignoring his own code for her. I don't know. Maybe it's just me.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Last night's episode was so good. I actually think Deb drugged herself to frame Hannah. I don't think Hannah went after her. I felt so bad for Hannah when Dexter had her arrested. I've really loved Dexter and Hannah this season. The actress has done a fantastic job in this role.

Also, I was freaking out when Dexter realized he's been set up by La Guerta. He's so screwed next week. I have a feeling he's going to get exposed in the finale.

King
Member Avatar

OMG. Hating this season.

Aside from Deb knowing and Laguardia closing in, I literally hate everything they're doing.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Holy shit!!!! Holy shit!!!

I loved this season. I loved the twists and turns they took, and that ending totally took me by surprise!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply