Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dexter: Season 7
Topic Started: Sep 4 2012, 04:34 PM (2,029 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

It was a decent finale but nothing to write home about.

I'm a little pissed the Hannah story wasn't resolved because I've disliked that character from the start and I really just want her gone, but whatever.

The interrogation scene with Deb and LaGuerta was good. The way Jennifer Carpenter played it I really thought Deb was going to break and confess everything. I'm surprised she didn't.

I hated Deb shooting LaGuerta. Jennifer Carpenter gave the performance of her career in that scene and I hope she wins every award she possibly can for it, but that was a really disappointing way to end the season. Killing LaGuerta not only makes her story arc this season seem like a complete waste of time, but it waters down the eventual reveal of Dexter as the BHB since everyone pretty much knows about it already.

The last scene with Deb and Dexter walking into the party was dumb. Wouldn't her dress be covered in blood? We just saw her flung across LaGuerta's body. Why is she not all bloody?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I really did love this season of Dexter. I'm a big Hannah fan, so I'm glad they didn't kill her. I'd love to see her again next season. The confrontation between Hannah and Deb was amazing. Although, I was shocked that Hannah actually drugged Deb. I thought it was either Hannah's friend or Deb drugging herself to frame Hannah..

The scene with LaGuerta showing Deb the video footage was amazing. My friend and I were freaking out. And we both loved the ending with Deb killing La Guerta. Is it just me or did Deb become just like Hannah. She's an accomplice/killer now.

Love Dexter and really hope they do a solid season 8 and end this show on a high note. As much as I love the show, season 8 does have to be the ending.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

Dexter has been boring this season. The season finale was decent. I was :OhMy: that deb actually killed LaGuerta . The best season of Dexter was season 4 with the Trinity Killer. After, the seasons has been downhill making this season one of the worst IMO.
Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Dec 18 2012, 03:16 PM.

KlausMikaelsonfan

season 7 is the best season since season 2.

Hannah & Dexter :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I fell behind and finally finished Season 6 tonight. OMG at the cliffhanger.

All my friends told me to just skip season 6, but I actually quite enjoyed it. The writing was rather blah, but it is still better then 90% of the crap on television.

Now I'll do a Season 7 marathon.

King
Member Avatar

I feel like literally NOTHING that happened with the arsonist, Isaac, Quinn, the stripper, Lewis dying, or Hannah led LITERALLY anywhere. It was like a waste of a season. And last season, bringing on Lewis and the cop who died in episode 1 of this season...what's the point! I just feel like it is a hot mess anymore.

I will say that I really think the last two episodes of the season were great.

IMO, the season really should have ended with Deb killing Hannah a la Dexter...drugging her, plastic-wrapping her, showing her a picture of her victims, and then killing her. That way, things would have come a little more full circle for me. The whole season was about Deb learning about people slipping through the cracks and coming to terms with asking Dexter to kill them.

This show needs ten episode seasons, the last two season storylines with these mini-arcs have been fucking awful, IMO. And his voice overs are SOOOOO dumb. They're for morons! LOL.

Sidenot: I saw Guilt Trip with Barbara Streisand and Seth Rogen, and Colin Hanks and Hannah are in it, FYI! Dexter reunion.
Edited by King, Dec 21 2012, 07:08 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I've gone through Season 6 & 7 now in a few days. About to watch the finale.

Totally hated seeing Hannah get arrested. I loved her.

King
Member Avatar

You LOVE Hannah? Whaaaa? Why?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply